Next Generation Waterproof Tracker like Charge 2/Charge HR

With the release of the Flex 2, I was hoping for a display on a waterproof tracker, preferably with heart rate tracking. To my surprise, they actually released one (Ionic). Now, the Ionic's great and all, but I'm not really looking to buy a smartwatch as an upgrade to a Flex 2. Therefore, I started brainstorming, and came up with these ideas:

• A "reboot" of the Force, but with the Flex 2 material so that you won't have to issue a total recall of the product (again).
  • A waterproof tracker that somewhat resembles the Charge 2. I'd also recommend clock faces with all basic stats (Steps, Calories Burned, Heart Rate) on a single screen. I don't know how you'll do that, but if you can, then by all means, go ahead.

These are the two that came to me. If anyone has any more ideas, there's a comment section below this post. You guys can come up with your own, or add to mine. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

You'll Mostly Find Me on the Feature Suggestions Page
153 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please make a waterproof Fitbit. 

I have disabilities and use the Fitbit other functions but cannot use it for exercise because the only exercise I can do is...WATER exercises!

Aqua-fit, Aqua-yoga that is it.

You are losing a large market - people with disabilities and retirees. We like to keep fit but a lot of us are limited to water exercising due to arthritis, joint pain and other chronic illnesses.

addswim
Keeping Pace

Can you add swim proof to more of the fitbit models. It is a year around exercise and I would like to get credit for that exercise.

@elloface wrote:

Swimming is one of the best holistic exercises and would be amazing to take your fitbit in the pool and count your lengths, heartrate, etc. 

Astumpp780
First Steps

I am a triathlete and I have the Fitbit Charge because it monitors heart rate. I absolutely LOVE this feature and use it daily in my training and everyday activities. I am hoping that Fitbit will make a new device that continues to measure heart rate but is waterproof at the same time! It's my only criticism with the Fitbit charge. It's not waterproof and I can't wear it while I am swim training. I would love to have one so I can also m

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

interiorlulu
First Steps

I have a charge HR and love it. I've just started swimming and want something I can use in the pool as well. I know the Flex 2 is water resistant but I don't want 2 devices.

It would be great to not have to guesstimate calorie burn an heart rate while swimming.

calyma
Jogger

I bought my first Fitbit (an original Flex) 3 years ago, then my mom got me a Charge HR for Christmas 2015 and I recently upgraded to the Alta HR. I have loved all of these products but I would be SOOO much happier with them if I was able to swim and shower without taking them off. PLEASE make this a reality with your next tracker!

KDWags
First Steps

I have owned/ own Fitbit one, charge, alta, aria scales and now flex 2. I wanted to buy the charge but I swim regularly and really feel that this should be something that is in the pipeline by now. Can you clarify if you have any intention to incorporate a waterproof Hr Fitbit? I bought the flex 2 in the interim but if I don't hear that this is a feature that's being worked on soon I may start to look elsewhere which I really don't think many of your loyal customers want to do.

dani2310
First Steps

As a swimmer I would reallyyyy like a watch that tracks my swimming AND continuous heart rate!!!

Aswell as the traditional sleep monitoring and other sports. 

Otherwise i'll have to pay for an apple watch! 

When will you do swimming + HR???? 

KatarinaM
First Steps

I love my charge 2 and the new level of fitness that I have attained using it along with the partner apps - FitStar and FitStar Yoga.  It would be wonderful if the next version of the charge could be waterproof so that it can track swimming etc. 

Dissectional
Jogger

Yes. Waterproofing is a must. Most of the other trackers have done it for a while now. Its amazing how many activities and chores involve water when you stop and think about it. Never quite realized it until I had to keep removing my tracker. Lets get it done.  

CoachDave13
First Steps

Waterproofing is important in everyday use. However, we have found the Charge to be cheaply made. The band does not hold up. I am brand loyal, but it will be difficult to not move to a higher quality waterproof fitness watch the next purchase.

jkilgore55
First Steps

I triple that motion.. make the charge 2 waterproof!

jkilgore55
First Steps

I second that motion!  Make the Charge 2 waterproof!

addswim
Keeping Pace
I also would like the Charge 2 to be swim proof and able to count steps if you are with a grocery card or walker. The prior model counted steps when using a grocery cart or walker.
Kiddougi
First Steps

Should be waterproof.  I am now looking for an alternate devise which I could go snorkelling with...  Do Fitbit really want to loose their customer?

Imjustsayinca
First Steps
I hope they do come out with it soon due to my replaced HR charger. I love to swim and I will love to track it.

~Vetra~Nicole
"All is forgiven but never forgotten."
cooldog
Jogger

could you make a fitbit charge 2 that you can swim with

cooldog
Jogger

that is not $200 

MayKristin
First Steps

I work at a hospital and would love to be able to wear my Charge 2 in a necklaces or clip on my work uniform. We can't wear wrist watch.

Wilko251088
First Steps

Wear it on ankle???

MayKristin
First Steps
Good idea, but I would guess not very comfortable and a bit tricky to check then watch...

Sendt fra min iPad
rjmwx81
Recovery Runner

The next fitness tracker I buy will have HR, a full display, and be swimproof. I truly hope that's a Fitbit product but if not I guess I'll have to move on to a competitor. 

stormmysky
First Steps

I agree, a swim tracker that also measures heart rate would be the *PERFECT* tracker...please!

nevakelly
First Steps

I would love to see a waterproof Charge 2.  I just learned that the new Flex 2 is waterproof, so I hope developers to do the same for the Charge 2 -- or a tracker with similar features to the Charge 2.

sarahj90
First Steps

I absolutely love my Charge HR but have been looking into waterproof trackers which I will need for my summer job next year, and it seems there isn't a Fitbit which suits my needs as the Flex 2 doesn't have a screen that shows the time. Please please please make a Fitbit that combines the two as I really don't want to change company - I love the social aspect of the app competing with friends etc and would love to stay but these features are becoming a necessity.

DrHoff
Jogger

I have a charge HR, and I really like it, but I can't wear it in obstacle course races because it would be submerged in water multiple times. I'd love to have something like the Charge HR or one of the more expensive models with more features that I can wear in OCR's.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.