No Notifications in Sleep or Do Not Disturb Mode

It would be nice if you had the option that when your tracker recognizes you are asleep, that notifications are disabled. That way you are not awaken in the middle of the night by a text message that could have waited until morning.

216 Comments
Sherides
First Steps

Great to know how to turn off notifications quickly. Thanks. Would still like to have the light completely turned off at night

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, this feature has been released on our newest devices. You can read more about it here: .

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

If you are interested specifically in having quick view turn off when you're sleeping, you can vote on that here.

Thanks.

respiratory
First Steps

I am being woken up at 4:30 am with my iphone vibrating due to a challenge request and notifications. I don't want to put my whole phone in do not disturb mode and want alerts during waking hours. I would like to set a do not disturb between say 10p-8am. 

AidanM
First Steps

Agreed, I like notifications on during the day for activity reminders and message notifications but I don't want this in the evening. It would be good to have a DND time So I don't have to remember to turn notifications on and off  

StephanneR
First Steps

It would be nice to be able to afjjsa the screens glow, it is quite bright when the lights are out and watching a movie or if sleeping. Having a night move would be a good option so that the screen doesn't flick on during said sleep time. I'm sure this would also help keep the battery life last longer perhaps.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StephanneR, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature on Charge 2. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Overwallop
First Steps

I'd love to be able to disable all screen activity at night, so that fitbit can track my sleep but the screen doesn't come to life every time I turn over, which wakes me up or makes it far harder to fall asleep if I'm restless. I often also hit my calorie target late at night, and Fitbit then buzzes like mad to congratulate me...waking me up. It'd be great to be able to just have a night mode you could set to whatever times you liked and kicks in automatically, without having to turn notifications on/off all the time etc.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Overwallop, thanks for your suggestion. I moved it to this similar post so we can add your vote to it. Keep sharing your ideas. 

Pebblerone
Keeping Pace

Sometimes I don't want to be disturbed during a limited time, like during a meeting or a nap. Now I can disable notifications with my watch, but it's easy for me to forget to enable them again and then I can miss notifications during a long time. As in these situations I know in advance the time I will be in "Not disturb" mode (at least a certain limit), it would be great to be able to disable notifications temporarily and specify the time, so the watch would enable them after this time without user intervention.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Pebblerone! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Oley
First Steps

I already know that you have no obligation if you use my idea. However, I think a great feature to add would be when your fitbit knows your in sleep mode that you could possible set it to automatically turn of notifications. (Phone calls and/or messages) or only to be able to receive from specific numbers or people. Just a thought do with it as you will. 

Oley
First Steps

So it will automatically shut down alerts when in sleep mode. Unless specified number.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Bought my teen a Charge 4. The tracker vibrates at all kinds of seemingly random times for no apparent reason. She tried to turn vibrations off entirely from the settings menu, but the only 2 options are "Strong" and "Normal". Why can't there be a 3rd option for "Off"?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to stop notifications on your Charge 4. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can also read more about this hereI hope to see you around.

Aaaarrggh
First Steps
You have created a very clever device which can tell if the user is sleeping and allows them to set an alarm to be woken up within a 30 minute window according to sleeping stage. Why would anyone want a notification while sleeping!!! I got one this morning at 4:50 am!!! My alarm is set for 6:30am
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Aaaarrggh, thanks for explaining why you would like to stop receiving notifications in Sleep or Do Not Disturb Mode. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You won’t see notifications on your Fitbit device if you turned on the do not disturb or sleep mode setting on your device. To change these settings, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device? I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.