Notification on Fitbit device when phone is out of range

There are a lot of thrid party apps that will notify you by push notification on your phone if you forget your wristband, but i want a notification on my wristband when i get out of range from my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

137 Comments
ultra-battery
Recovery Runner

We really need this feature. And i need to find that watch face until then 😁 

Llmgtab
Base Runner

The face I am using is Beacon by BV Design.

ultra-battery
Recovery Runner

Thank you 😁 

tomcgraves
Recovery Runner
It's called Essential Watch by BV Designs. I think it's the best, even
besides this feature.
BigBowzer
Jogger
Which watch face has it???
tomcgraves
Recovery Runner
Essential Watch by BV Designs. It is an awesome clock face - it shows the
temperature and power level along with seconds.
FinanceGirl
Jogger
The Clock Face is as it came to me with the time only showing. I tried to
follow the instructions. I was able to download a Versa 2 user manual, but
I found it lacking in clear instructions.
I do have a 2 year old fitbit that came set up.
I guess I need to spend more time to get this set up.
BigBowzer
Jogger
Thank you! I will look for it 🙂
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, this similar suggestion has a third party app and is being considered for development by Fitbit as well.

We always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Imjudybird
First Steps

My versa 2 is very helpful at work but I walk around a lot and would love a feature that would notify me when I go out of range. It would also help when I run out the door in the morning and forget my phone. My Fitbit would vibrate so I would be able to run back in the house to get my phone before it's too late to go back and get it.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Imjudybird. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being notified when your Fitbit and phone are out of range with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

joelle921
First Steps
Send a buzz alert to notify if leaving range of the synced phone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @joelle921, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to receive an alert to notify if leaving range of the synced phone. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

SimonSk
Jogger
When linked phone is out of range it should give me short vibration.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SimonSk, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to receive a vibration on your Fitbit when phone is out of Bluetooth range. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

kristypower
Base Runner
I am wondering if I can suggest Fitbit to add an alarm to alert us when we are a certain distance away from our mobile devices.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kristypower. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to be notified when you get out of range from your phone. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Dezyderiusz
Jogger
Introduction of an application that will notify you about a broken connection with the phone when you put it away. It can also be an alarm that someone has stolen our phone.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dezyderiusz. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being notified when the Bluetooth connection with your phone is lost. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Drbeepers
Jogger
Have Fitbit notify when get too far from connected phone. So if you too far and it disconnects from Bluetooth you get notification which probably means you’ve left your phone and the notification will notify you and you can retrieve it.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Drbeepers, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to receive a notification when Fitbit disconnects from your phone's Bluetooth. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

mp3ray
Jogger
I had a Samsung S2, i decided to go with the fitbit versa 3. The only feature I think it is lacking from my S2 is the ability to notify me when my phone has lost a connection with my watch - meaning it is too far away. This was a great reminder that I didn't have my phone on me as I was leaving the house. It was a single vibrate.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mp3ray, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to receive a notifications when Bluetooth connection with you phone is lost. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

AlexisN
Keeping Pace
Please implement an alert for when the connection to the smartphone is lost (out of range).
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AlexisN. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about getting a notification when your Charge 4 isn't connecting to your phone due to being out of range. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.