Notification on Fitbit device when phone is out of range

There are a lot of thrid party apps that will notify you by push notification on your phone if you forget your wristband, but i want a notification on my wristband when i get out of range from my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

137 Comments
FitmanFit
Runner

Of course a feature that lets the fitbit device vibrate when it loses connection with the phone should have been present from day one. The fact that the feature still hasn't been added yet after all this time and all these requests baffles me.

If there are reasons for the inaction, e.g., the feature would use up too much battery, then just please let us know.

Clavermed
First Steps
The Fitbit is already connected at all times with the phone via Bluetooth.
I don’t think it would use more battery to add this feature.
FitmanFit
Runner

Bluetooth LE may operate more efficiently with a minimum amount of data being transmitted. Having said that, my old original Pebble manages to tell me when I lose connection to my phone while managing impressive battery life at the same time.

Ultimately only Fitbit are able to tell us what the actual reason for their inactivity/silence on the matter is.

jacksnothere
Jogger
dimdem
Recovery Runner

"There are a lot of thrid party apps that will notify you by push notification on your phone if you forget your wristband"

Sorry to reawaken an old thread, but can someone recommend one of these apps to me? That would be great. Having both devices notify me if they're separated would be great, as has been noted by others, but I've had more trouble losing my Fitbit than my phone.

tomcgraves
Recovery Runner
I don't think my Ionic is multitasking, so I'm not sure if running a
third-party app to check my bluetooth connection to my phone would be
practical - it would have to be running all the time.
Nmckenna
First Steps

I want to offer a suggestion on an enhancement that would greatly increase the value of my Fitbit 3? If my Fitbit would vibrate for or make a distinct sound for 10 seconds every time it lost a blue tooth connection with my phone would help me never loose my phone.  My I phone looses a connection to my charge 3 in under 50’. 

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Nmckenna Thanks for your suggestion about having a notification when Bluetooth connection is lost.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea.

Shaieyni
First Steps
Hi.
Hope that Fitbit software engineers will insert this option.

Sent from Shai Eyni’s IPhone XS MAX
Kelseym7
First Steps

The Samsung Gear watch had this feature three years ago. It's really unfortunate fit bit doesnt, especially on the versa 2, or other newer models. Just a little vibration indicator when you get out of range. I'd like to know I can leave my phone in the next room, but still get any important messages.

lorraineg
Tempo Runner
Kelseym7,
If you do a search in the clock faces for “bluetooth”, you’ll find clock faces that alert you when you are out of range. I’d much rather it be s setting on the watch itself but this works.

Sent from my iPhone
tomcgraves
Recovery Runner
Thanks! Any idea what the Bluetooth range of the Ionic watch is?
BigBowzer
Jogger
I would like to know too.
lorraineg
Tempo Runner
Tomcgraves, sorry, i have a Versa.

Sent from my iPhone
tomcgraves
Recovery Runner
I got a response from a user that choosing a watch face that has the
Bluetooth icon will give haptic feedback when you're out of range, and it
works! Go to the clock faces screen and search for "bluetooth".
lorraineg
Tempo Runner
That was me. I wish there were more to choose from but at least there is something.

Sent from my iPhone
tomcgraves
Recovery Runner
It does seem to be fairly sensitive - whenever I go from my office to the
kitchen it tickles my wrist. Thanks again!
lorraineg
Tempo Runner
Someone recommended the option to me a while back when i was on here looking for a solution after leaving my phone in a restaurant. 🙄

Sent from my iPhone
Ceci44carter
Jogger

I am considering returning the watch and getting another Gear Fit, which has the option to vibrate when you walk a certain distance from your phone and also has a "find my phone" option which I use very very often... After trying to get answers, it seems that Fitbit does not truly care about their customers since I noticed people have been requesting this feature since 2014 or 2018, don't recall which one. Either way it has been years of people requesting it to no avail. I was quite excited about this new product I had just purchased yesterday, only to end up regretting my purchase the same day and possibly returning it today.

DCrabb
First Steps

Agreed,. My Pebble would notify you if you're phone lost Bluetooth connection.  Fitbit bought Pebble so they even have the code already written.

Shaieyni
First Steps
Wow... great!
It will be awesome.
Thanks
Aprila333
Recovery Runner

Please add an optional separation alarm to notify you on your Fitbit and iPhone if they get too far away from each other. I'm pretty good at keeping my Fitbit watch on, but I'm horrible at keeping my phone with me. I miss 90% of my iPhones notifications already because they don't often get sent to the Fitbit on a regular basis, and it would be so helpful if my Fitbit could alert me the minute it looses contact with my phone! 

Moderator edit: Format

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Aprila333! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

mahdiswe
First Steps

Pretty sure will be a feature with a new watch (if would be provided) .. as the connection have to be constant .. which apparently not the case with versa.

I honestly think that buying versa was a mistake .. very limited with features.

Llmgtab
Base Runner

Please add this option to the fitbit Versa! I found a watch face that allows it but hate to be limited to just  single watch face. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.