Phone notification if I'm not wearing my Fitbit device

My biggest frustration is forgetting I took my Fitbit off and forgetting to put it back on. I can go all day without it on and not realize it. 

Fitbit is already paired with my phone - I'd like a notification on my phone if the range of of my Fitbit exceeds a certain distance and the Fitbit has not logged any activity for a period of time. 

I believe this would set the product apart from everyone else - the benefits of the product type are pointless if I don't even get to use them. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated labels

138 Comments
normalguy
First Steps

sometimes i like to remove my fitbit when in bed and forget to wear it next morning, can the fitbit app in my phone show a message that i am not wearing my fitbit ?

Valkyrie-MT
Base Runner

When the synced phone leaves (or arrives in) a designated geofence around your home, notify the Surge over bluetooth.  Then, when outside the house only, vibrate the Surge whenever the phone becomes out of bluetooth range and display a message like - "Did you forget your phone?".  This is a similar concept to the Nokia Treasure Tags, but reversed. 

This would be an option of course.  Some people pair to a tablet and would not want to do this. 

But for others, it could be a life saver.  You'll never forget your phone at home and you'll know if you left your phone somewhere. 

J4ck
First Steps

Wouldn't it be great if the Fitbit gave you a silent indication when your Bluetooth connection got lost? Say you walk away from your table, leaving your phone behind. Within a couple of meters, the Fitbit gently signals you, you might have forgotten something...

As a user you should be able to turn this option on/off, since not everybody works with a smartphone...

Like? Please vote! Smiley Very Happy

RoyMayor
Jogger

would be cool if the surge had a feautre that would start beeping or buzzing if your phone is out of range such as 30 feet or so. I keep forgetting to put on the surge in the morning and vise versa. 

GeigerGoon74
Walker

I would like to see a feature implemented where if bluetooth between the phone and the Fitbit is lost, and alert would be sent to the user via vibrations in the Fitbit Wearable. 

Example: You accidentally leave your phone sitting somewhere and walk away from it. You are wearing your Fitbit. Once the connection between the two devices are lost, the Fitbit notifies you via vibration that the connection was lost, reminding you to check the location of your phone. 

I have seen this implemented in the Casio STB-1000. It should be fairly easy to write a code to the wearable to add this as a feature. 

nanoymaster
Recovery Runner

agreed, so you never forget or loose your phone 🙂

HenryZ998
Jogger
Will discreetly buzz when it loses connection to your phone, alerting you in case you forgot or lost it.
DavidJK
Stepping Up

Hi!  I have a Charge HR that I wear approximately 22 hours/day and would love an option for my HR to buzz if it loses connection to my iPhone.  I've seen the electronic debit/credit card Coin or Plastc that will sound an alert on the phone if the card is left behind, but could something like this be implemented for the Fitbit?  It would be a great defense against leaving my phone in a couch cushion, at a restaurant, or otherwise forgetting it somewhere.  Thanks!

Sjoera
Recovery Runner

I would really like this feature too. Doesn't seem to be so hard to implement this since 99% of smartwatches nowadays have this.

Tpodnar69
Jogger
I would like this or vice versa. I have hadt one fall out at night so an alarm the opposite would also be helpfully if it is needed to find it
GRioux
Stepping Up
I think that's a great idea.
kutzki
Jogger
I've seen multiple other smart watches and most of them have this feature by default. Why not the charge HR? Mods and devs you need to tell us if we're wasting our time asking for notifications etc. Is it possible to implement any off these things?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a fitbit charge, sometimes i leave it at home fogotten, it would be nice if the app popup a warning and a sound. So you dont forget it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hello again. When my HR is charging I sometimes forget to put it back on my wrist. Is there a way to set off an alarm (on my phone) informing me that my Charge HR is not on my wrist.
Thanks again.
Spd063
First Steps
When your Fitbit is sync'd up with a cell phone and you go more then 25ft away from your phone - your Fitbit will buzz you to let you know you are leaving it behind.

This will help prevent losing, or in my case, forgetting my phone some where.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It's a great idea! My problem is the opposite, I tend to forget my HR if it's not on my wrist. Lol
Spd063
First Steps
Ha! As I walked out of the locker room reading your response I realized my Fitbit was in my locker still....maybe it could work both ways.

Sent from my iPad
HealthyJudy
Stepping Up
Great idea!
VitalityFitness
First Steps

AWESOME IDEA!!

Shermac63
Jogger
This would be great for the fit bit flex, for when the band unsnaps ( which is too often) and falls off the wrist.
Daisy_B
Stepping Up

Great idea!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Excellent idea! Often when I've charged my Charge HR overnight, I'll forget it and will walk out the house the next morning to walk the dog, losing credit for many uncounted steps. This would be a really helpful option

pepperwhite
First Steps

Great idea.

Ciro_Elliott
First Steps
I believe an excellent feature to add is something that 'rings' the fitbit. Say you lose it, you can make it vibrate. I literally just lost my flex a minute ago, but found it. It would be really helpful:-)
Kate12345
Jogger
I agree it's was hard to get in the habit of putting on the fitbit on everyday especially since it has to be charged every few days and the charger is kinda awkward making the charging location in odd spot since the cord is so short. I work with a few people that get to work and forgot their Fitbit and are disappointed they won't be able to log the day.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.