Please add Nationwide UK bank/building Society to Fitbit Pay

I am considering buying the fitbit versa however it doesn't seem worth it until I can utilize the contactless payments. Please add Nationwide to fitbit pay so I can upgrade my fitbit!

Moderator edit: label.

71 Comments
Cushion
Stepping Up
Good luck with that I’ve tried they seem to put the onus on each other, but I would have thought that as Google is the owner of Fitbit you could use google pay !!

Sent from my iPhone
Cushion
Stepping Up

Good luck with that I’ve tried but they seem to blame each other, but as google now own Fitbit you would think google pay would be an option!!

millyrosej
Jogger

Interestingly I did receive a reply from Nationwide: "This is certainly possible, I've seen several of our members asking if this is something we can provide. Please be assured that I've passed on your message to our Development team, as it's through messages like these they see what our members would like to see from us, so we can potentially provide these in the future."

I'm sure my message alone won't suddenly be the cause of Nationwide coming to Fitbit pay but maybe if people keep nagging eventually it could happen!

Stuart71
First Steps

I also filled in a suggestions/complaints form on the Nationwide site asking for this to be actioned, especially in this day and age with all the technology we have it clearly It is something simple to do. I have asked them to stop blaming each other as to whose fault it isn’t available and to do something positive about it. Haven’t had a reply but will keep you posted. Watch this space although don’t hold your breath people 😂😂😂

Cushion
Stepping Up
Well done Millyrose keep up the good work 👍👍

Sent from my iPhone
Stuart71
First Steps

Wow I got a response it is as follows.....

Thank you for your message.

I completely understand the frustration this has caused and I have logged your feedback to be reviewed by the relevant team. We’re always looking for ways to improve the experience for all our members and we rely on feedback like yours. You may not hear back from us directly, but rest assured this will be investigated.

We don't currently support FitBit pay, however it may be something we look into offering in the future. We will need to ensure that the facility is secure for our members and ourselves before this is offered.

Cushion
Stepping Up
Great stuff Stuart, I have also tried again with online contact form. After being inspired by Millys post

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have now found the best way to use Nationwide to pay with my fitbit.

I installed the Curve app on my phone and ordered their card.

The blue card is free.

It works like Google pay/Apple pay.

You add your cards you would like to use as payment to the curve app.

You then use your Curve card to pay for items and it is the only card you need to carry, as you can add all your cards and just select the one you want to use. there is no charge for this if you have the blue card.

The Curve card can then be added to your fitbit wallet and your watch can then be used to pay for items.

My Nationwide cards have been added to my Curve card and now everytime I make a payment it takes it from my Nationwide account.

Tried and tested and it works well.

I can now use my Versa 2 as I was hoping to when I bought it.😁😁

Stuart71
First Steps

Well done heathwebbo!! 
I have just ordered my curve card and set it all up on the app. Just got to wait for the card to be delivered, set it up on the wallet and I’m good to go!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thank you for the information and finding a way we can pay with Fitbit pay, you sir are a legend 😉

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Stuart

Mine card came 2 days earlier than they stated and only took a few minutes to activate and add to my fitbit wallet. Only problem I have now is I want to keep buying stuff to use it lol 😆 

I have my security set on pin code just when using fitbit pay rather than pin every 24hrs. The good thing is, once you go to use it you put the pin in and the picture of the card stays lit for a couple of minutes rather than just 10 seconds, so lets you get it ready to pay while they are cashing up. Also once you have used it, for the next 24hrs you just drag the top of the screen down select wallet and it opens without having to put the pin in every time. You will be well chuffed like I am 👍👍

ninks
Recovery Runner

I'm glad you guys found a work around, I just started using a Samsung Active which supports Samsung Pay and Nationwide.... 

Cushion
Stepping Up
Nice one Heathwebbo. I’ve just signed up for a blue curve card 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Cushion
Stepping Up

Heathwebbo.  Followed your guidance got a curve card.  All loaded all working well.  Cheers for that advice.  👍😂

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Glad you got it sorted

ShaunPryszlak
First Steps

I was literally going to buy a charge 4 and then I thought, does it support Nationwide?  I checked and it doesn't.  Looks like I am keeping my charge 2 a bit longer.

millyrosej
Jogger

@ShaunPryszlak as recommended by @SunsetRunner I have now sorted myself a Curve account which enables you to link your nationwide card and then you can pay with that through Fitbit pay! No gimmicks to it, if you get the "Blue card" then it's free and is just like paying with your nationwide card. I've now been using my Fitbit to pay for things which is great!! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Shaun, as mentioned, if you get a curve card, its free and works similar to Google Pay/Samsung Pay, you add your bank cards to that and add the Curve card to your fitbit, you can then choose any card and any bank to use on your fitbit. Curve have just got a big teamed up with Samsung pay for the same thing.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@millyrosej glad I could be of help.

I must add though, I don't work for any of these companies, I just found a good way of using fitbit pay without any fees or having to use prepaid cards and was very happy with the way the curve card works, so thought I would share my experience.

ShaunPryszlak
First Steps

@SunsetRunner @millyrosej I have just installed the curve app.  let's see.  Seems a lot of fuss for something that is advertised as standard.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@ShaunPryszlak once its set up and you have your card there is no more fuss. The good thing is, you can add all of your cards to the Curve app and you only need to take your curve card out with you and you can select any card through the app you want to pay with. Great when on holiday or out on the town, because if you lose it you can suspend the card straight away on the app, so it can't be used by anyone else. You are then still ok to use your original bank cards with no real disruption.

Amanda.Ferris
First Steps
Would love to be able to use my watch to pay. I have the fitbit sense now and still sad to see I can't yet pay with my watch in the UK.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amanda.FerrisThanks for sharing this suggestion about including Nationwide bank to the supported banks with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Tactical-goat
First Steps
We need more banks eg nationwide in the uk to link to the fitbit pay feature, you advertise this feature which is practially non existant in the uk. Simply linking to PayPal eould be suffice as we can link any back to our accounts
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tactical-goat, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Nationwide UK bank in the list of banks that are available to use in Fitbit Pay. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

Amy_c123
First Steps

Fully agree!! I bought the Charge 4 under the guise that I would be able to use it to pay using contactless. Only to find hardly any UK banks are compatible! What a let-down!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.