Poop Tracker App Addition

I believe that Fitbit should add a new tracker of poop on the app, similar to that of water tracking! Pooping is important part of being healthy, providing log options by size, time taken to poop, and what type of poop it is (according to medical scale). Ways to improve discretion and reminders could also be helpful for those struggling to excret
33 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a really interesting idea, but this idea isn't quite right for us. Thanks for posting your request.

eried
Stepping Up

Why is this declined? You can get very good machine learning information relating the food consumed and the food that gets out. Can someone elaborate a bit more on why is not quite right for Fitbit?

Leo_Jami
First Steps

Hello Fitbit Community,

I would like to ask the feature to be implemented that If i can log in

" How many bathroom trips for urine".

The reason for this to see overactive bladder. If this can be implemented and seen as result.

In which you can use a lot of Biofeedback from the trackers to adjust your lifestyle.

" How many bathroom trips for Bowel movement". 

This is for Constipation . and adjust your diet.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Leo_JamiGood idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Limlime
First Steps

“This is a really interesting idea, but this idea isn't quite right for us. Thanks for posting your request“

Personally I think the taboo of talking or thinking about poo is a thing of the past. Poo is a vital part of everyone’s day and overlooking problems associated with it can lead to or help you realize serious health issuea. Avoiding this topic (because of social stigma???) is totally lame. Man up guys!!!!! Are YOUR daily poos normal?! Do you even know how to tell?!?! Put it in the app!! 

checrisp
First Steps

I would love a way to track bowel movements against what I'm eating and drinking and how I'm exercising. A lot of people struggle with IBS and being able to track what foods cause what reactions in your body could be very beneficial and a very useful tool for avoiding those bad experiences. 

ar1andra
First Steps

I just got the Fitbit Versa days ago and it has already inspired me to change so many of my habits and take on a new lifestyle. A feature I think would be cool to add is the ability to track our bowl movements (when and texture etc.) because when you change such big details (excersize, diet, water intake) the bowls are affected too! I think most of the time people make unhealthy choices due to a lack of knowledge. I feel if the Fitbit offered this we could see directly how eating is affecting our poop habits giving more knowledge to then make inferences on what things might be giving us stomach aches. Just a thought! 

kimboleee
First Steps

This is a great idea. Fitbit already tracks what goes into our body why not what comes out?!

kimboleee
First Steps

It would be great to have the Bristol Stool Scale to tell you want you're missing in your diet (i.e. fiber). Each phase of the stool scale tells you something about your diet and health.

Squrril
First Steps

It would be good to have a urine and feces  tracker. For urine, you could select a color and timestamp it. For feces, log size, color, consistency, and time.

Gkundern
First Steps

I am a nurse and agree that this is a great idea. Maybe just a general symptom tracker with a list and BM can be part of that list. 

Minniebarmink
Jogger

Using the toilet is an integral part if health for everyone. In particular, Fitbit users who have  IBD (eg Crohn s disease, ulcerative colitis - approx 0.5 million people in the UK), or IBS (approx 1 person in every 5 in the UK) need to track toilet results in order to plan and achieve fitness activities, locations and goals.This would be a major improvement for Fitbit. Please can you add it?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Minniebarmink, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Remember to add your vote.

AnStam
First Steps

I agree that this would be an amazing feature to be able to "wrench" in on the dashboard. It is similar to the period feature. Especially for people that have GI issues, it would be a great to be able to have something that tracks it and you can show your physician if your symptoms are controlled for things like IBS, Crohns, etc, or constipation. For nurses who hardly get breaks and then get to the end of their shift and ask "did I go pee at all today?" it would be great to be able to track, cut down on UTIs or help identify and over active bladder issue. These are real issues and the ability to track would be amazing. Like I said just having it able to be added for those people that want to track (like their period and PMS symptoms) would be a great addition to purpose of the device/app.

NatalieWalker
First Steps

Suffering with Ulcerative Colitis for 12 years (going to the toilet between 30-60 times a day) and as a result I have since had to have my large intestine, rectum and part of my small intestine removed and a J-pouch formed (internal bag made from the remains of my small intestine) understand the need for more visibility on IBD conditions and methods in which to record bowel motions. It is imperative for my own condition that I log how many times I have to empty the j-pouch and for how long to provide information to my consultants, so having Fitbit allow this function would be a huge help to not only myself but all those dealing with IBD conditions. This app function could really help to not only improve lives but save them. Problems with bowel motions can indicate a number of life threatening conditions so I do hope Fitbit will join in the cause and make invisible and stigma fuelled bowel conditions visible by adding this capability to the Fitbit family. 

EDISY
First Steps

I think this would be a great idea. No more sensitive than the data Fitbit already holds, it would be a great addition.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would be interested in this development as someone who has recently been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, it would be beneficial to be able to understand how my body Is with this condition. I have tried to use other apps but would love it to be integrated within Fitbit as a user for over 7 years  

burns_erin
Tempo Runner

If Fitbit doesn't want to do it, maybe someone else will do an app. It would be useful

NatalieWalker
First Steps

I have found a useful app called PCal - poop tracker, calendar on the App Store. I hope this app is of some help for everyone. 

Leo_Jami
First Steps
Hi I have already have poop tracker on Android from Appstronautstudios.con.
Thanks
Asad
burns_erin
Tempo Runner

@Leo_Jami I was meaning on the Fitbit itself.

JennyFL
Jogger

Bowel movement tracker with Bristol scale. Similar to my symptoms app. 

erin-anne
First Steps

I agree, the addition of a symptom tracker would be a tremendous help.  Right now I use three separate apps:  LoseIt to track calories, which has a Fitbit integration, then Fitbit to track activities, then a different tracker to document my IBS symptoms.  It is too time consuming to track my meals in both, so if I am symptomatic, I basically abandon LoseIt and Fitbit in order to track in my symptom tracker.  Having a symptom tracker, with analytics to help discover foods that are bothersome, or even just a way to diary and have records to share with your doctor, would be so valuable!  

Jjoy07
First Steps

I am a GI (gastroenterology) nurse and it’s an important part of your health to keep track of your bowel movements. People can get very sick if they don’t go for a long period of time or the opposite- if they are going too much. Is there any possibility that you would consider adding a feature to track your bowel movements to the Fitbit app? You can make it unsharable like the period tracking feature. Thank you!

Schk
First Steps

i suffer from irritable bowel syndrome. new to fitbit, spent a lot of money for the sense which is advertised as health mate, i thought having such feature is obvious for an health focused company. founding out that there isnt an easy way to track those things is a huuuuuge bummer, especially since you have the option to track your meals. but i'm not interested in calories, more in how i ve reacted to a certain food. such problems are nowadays common mainstream talk and not a tabu anymore, since more and more people have those problems. you should definitely rethink your approach to this topic.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.