Post Notifications on/off option

There needs to be an option to turn on/off friends post notifications. 

Moderator edit: Topic

116 Comments
annafrances
First Steps

Desperately need to be able to turn off notifications that advise when other people have commented on a group community post. 

Unsure why I would need to know that other people have commented?!

Very frustrating to have constant notifications popping up. And even leaving the groups does not stop it. 

Please fix!!

LadyKatYoung
Base Runner

I love my fitbit and love having notifications about my challenges etc. But i HATE the new ..' blah blah has posted for the first time notifications...they are endless, unnecessary and I can't turn them off! 

Please make it so you can turn off notifications about the new 'social media' side of things... this isn't what I joined fitbit for, but I don't want to turn all notifications off and lose my ones for challenges..  it should be a choice what you get notified about.

Please please change this. After talking about it in the forums it is putting many people off...

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

MzP
Runner

Some sort of opt out or filter on the community feed would allow folks to have more control of their notifications coming through. I like to post things occasionally but maybe I don’t want everyone on my friends list to be notified EVERY time I post. Some folks may only want to check out the community feed on their time, not each time Fitibt alerts them to postings. Before, we were able to simply click on each person’s profile image to see what they have posted. While this may be more difficult if you have a large list of friends at least you were not bombarded with notifications by people not on your friends list. Please give us options when it comes to the community feed. .Robot Happy

This is a huge problem, and has cuased me to STOP adding cheers and comments on others friends and community posts.  I do not ALWAYS want to see continued comments or cheers for posts that go well beyond a very limited timeframe.   Please add this feature to the mobile device app. 

Maxefforts95
Recovery Runner

Agreed to the OP.  We don't want another Facebook type social media on Fitbit there is enough chatting in the challenges.  Now I understand there's a percent ofusers that like it or don't mind it but a lot of people do not like. Please have an option to filter feed posts. Thank you

millym
Jogger

As so many people keep asking please allow those who want to get rid of the 'feed' I HATE it! I want to click on my friends and see their steps instantly. Not be faced with the same post someone posted weeks ago. It is extremely irritating and have no idea as to why you are not listening fitbit developers. Get rid of it. I am not interested in using fitbit like facebook, I will not use it like facebook so I would really appreciate it if I am able to get rid of the feed once and for all. I live in hope & also hope some company comes up with a new 'fitbit' style pedometer and if 'feed' is still on my fitbit I will be jumping ship ASAP

Mward7777
First Steps

Yes, please make it stop. How are we supposed in interact in this amazing community when the consequence is so many notifications on my phone I can handled it use it?!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Kristine_E
First Steps

I made the “mistake” of commenting on a Group post this morning and now my phone will not stop blowing up. Like others have mentioned, I really do not care to see additional comments and if I did, I could go back to the original post. I really enjoy the Groups, but please, please update the app so I can control when and if I want to see the follow-up comments!! Leaving a Group should not be the answer to this super annoying problem! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My first time commenting on a post may be my last at this point. I didn't realize I would be bombarded with notifications afterward and there was no way of turning them off. Please fix this ASAP

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

millym
Jogger
Hi
From what i can see by google a lot of people do not want to get the feed, you must know this. I have been looking at the same picture ‘sahara’ a friend posted months ago. None of my other friends use the feature they all hate it! Get rid of it or allow us to get rid it is very annoying, i want to instantly see my friends step count not look at the same post ive been looking at for months.
Regards
Sue
Maxefforts95
Recovery Runner

Please have a disable icon for the community app feed if you have commented on a certain post.  That particular post or posts should have an option to unfollow.

Also please for the sake of all of us  can you stop sending notifications for every single time someone posts on the fitbit feed community.  it's out-of-control if someone posts once a week they say they haven't posted in a while it's getting out of hand it's a distraction.   also it would be nice if it didn't default to the feed and it defaulted to your friends list instead please give us options.  Thank you.

Dskunkler
First Steps

At this point after one comment I'm either going to have to disable Fitbit notifications on my phone or delete my comment and never comment. This has been super frustrating.

Dutchie1972
Recovery Runner

Agreed this drives me nuts! I stop commenting now to avoid this, absolutely crazy!

@courtneyanne120wrote:

There needs to be an option to turn on/off friends post notifications. 

Moderator edit: Topic

Dutchie1972
Recovery Runner

Agreed, this drives me nuts!!!

millym
Jogger
Hi
Would be good if everyone who agrees posts a comment as fitbit dont seem to believe me that so many of us hate this feed crap. I have been looking at the same ‘sahara’ postthat one of my friends unfortunately posted for months -yawn! I just want to see my friends steps as im sure many of you do too - as it used to be
LadyKatYoung
Base Runner

This has been marked as reviewed by moderator... Does that mean they aren't going to be looking at it again. It is a big thing and people really do hate it. I submitted this back in January and the moderator says they look forward to hearing peoples thoughts, so far everyone agrees with me. 

millym
Jogger

Just let us turn it off if we dont want it - its all we ask , i do not want need or ask for some semi social media crap on my fitbit - fb & instagram enough my fitbit is for waliking & tracking friends steps & competing with friends .....please update  & let those of us who hate the feed get rid of it l and i got same lame  comment from moderator that ‘they ‘look forward to seeing everyones posts on this’ i commented back just google it! You will see how many firtbit users HATE it - obviously their stock answer......listen fitbit because if you leave this crap on your app & someone else develops similar fitness tracking equipment & app without this rubbish trying to change fitbit into social media i will be the 1st to leave fitbit!

Crysnica
Jogger

Exactly this!! I HATE these notifications. I am being inundated with notifications that people have posted something on the Fitbit app for the first time, or the first time in a while, and I’m done. I’m about to delete all my friends to make it stop. I’m also reconsidering my next smart watch purchase. The inability to turn off this feature is ridiculously annoying. 

Attention @MarcelBK ... can you update this THREAD about the status of disabling the automatic notifications for ANY community/board/post that we've commented or cheered ? These auto notifications are really annoying, and only serves to discourage cheering or commenting to interact with other Fitbit'ers.
WildflowersW
Jogger

Ditto, what everyone has stated previously!!

Jessrocksz
First Steps

Yes! This needs to happen! I have been searching for this and I'm sad this wasn't foreseen and already implemented. I commented on a post and now I have a million notifications lol

austinka4
First Steps

Yes! Please allow us the option to turn this off!!!

millym
Jogger
Fitbit you are not listening to us for ffs turn off the feed i have now been look g at a friends Sahara post for ove 3 months evertime i look at friends - yawn so annoying please let us turn the friends feed off the majority of your clients HATE IT ....LISTEN TO US PLEASE & LET US TURN IT OFF IT IS CRAP WE DONT WANT IT!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.