Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,366 Comments
SilverCity
First Steps

I agree.  The new sleep display of information is awful.  I mostly compare sleep stats with the Benchmark. In the old version the comparison was clear and concise.  Now it is unclear.  I spent years in IT rolling out updates so I understand that it takes time for users to adapt. This isn't  that. This one appears unnecessary unless they are doing it to drive users to buy Premium 

cassidy52
Jogger

I am disappointed in my Sense, one of the most annoying pieces of technology I've used for years.  Right now, I have no Dashboard, probably due to the ridiculous recent software "update".  You would do better to use actual marketing data rather than the ideas of unskilled airhead hackers (could those possibly be associated with the "airhole" instead of a button).  Various methods of start/stop, browsers, and computers have been tried to no avail, and I refuse to do anymore of reverse engineering guessing.  What are YOU going to do about it?

Jessw1919
First Steps

The new layout is confusing and not user friendly. The old layout was perfectly fine! I feel the same about the workout layout - I find myself really missing the simple and easy-to-read at a glance designs of both.  

Elouise7
Jogger
Totally agree worst update ever someone who doesn't even use the product probably changed it.
Dallasgin
First Steps
I wonder how many people have to complain before a solution returns it to the previous release
Sent from my iPhone
Shifty21
First Steps

PLEASE, for the love of God, Fitbit, CHANGE IT BACK. The old version was beautiful, legible, easy to navigate. This new version is unreadable and nothing is where it was. The sleep chart is SO hard to look at. It's jarring and chaotic. Literally, a graphic design student would be asked to redo the project. Take the L, change it back. 

Smvad
Stepping Up

I am not sure it makes a difference as to how many people want to revert back to the earlier software version, I think it only matters if a single post is upvoted many times. Even then I am not sure if it really makes a difference. Moderators don’t seem to comment on threads… they only on upvoted posts. They only seem to direct posts to the technical team if the post had “xxx” number of upvotes. I am new here so I may be mistaken. Anybody else know? Thanks. 

rjs132
First Steps

Fully agree. Not only is it harder to get the information I want, the new design makes it functionally unreadable. Since Fitbit has been gradually moving to the new design style on all the different tracking topics, I’ve found it less and less usable. Have been a Fitbit user for 8 years now and have never considered another brand but won’t buy another once my Charge dies. If they added a “classic mode” for the app I would stay. 

TWC24
Jogger

They’ve created such a disaster of design with this new sleep data “surprise”. Just the worst design elements tossed together in a random thoughtless way. The graphics that preceded this were elegant, informative and easy to read. Horrible corporate meddlesome fecal blech. Google sucks so hard sometimes, but this wins a prize. 💩 

rdtremb4
Jogger

Agreed! The new app is horrible. I don’t even bother looking at sleep info coz it means nothing now. Just a bunch of jumbled lines. It’d be nice if they’d give us the option of using old or new app

I may have to invest in a new tracker watch. One that’s more appealing to use. 

Kipper1
First Steps

Please bring it back, or at least give us the option to opt out of this design. I often go back to my historical data and it was so easy to glance at and get an accurate idea, now it's gone. PLEASE!! 😞

Mistizoom
Jogger

Agree, the new app update is terrible. On the old version I could see information at a glance. The visual noise is now so great that it's nearly impossible to read, yet somehow there is actually less information available. Give us the option to move back to the old format.

SunshineHere
First Steps

Agreed!  The new sleep graph is horrible!!! The updates are making Fitbit less and less worth it.  I preferred when all the data was listed clearly, the colors were easier to read and you can see the historical information all at once.  Now you have to click on each day and it’s very difficult to see a comparison.  If these updates keep happening, I may end up switching to an Apple Watch because this is getting ridiculous! 

MorePrivacy
Jogger

If Fitbit doesn’t undo the horrific news they’ve made to the sleep analyzer I will HAPPILY switch to an Apple Watch and never look back. 

FitSyd
First Steps

Agreed. I absolutely hate everything about the updates they’ve made to the app!

JudyFNZ
First Steps

Agree that this new design is hideous, lacks clarity, and the overwhelming white with black means you can’t interpret some results by colour any more. Bring back some colour ! 

Roey72
Jogger

It is so horrible 

Sully-mom
First Steps

Agree with the comments about the update to Sleep Timeline. What am I even looking at now. Extremely confusing and not user friendly 

JoanneFlamingo
First Steps

The new interface is awful. When they told me it was an upgrade, I was shocked. Hope they bring back the previous interface, as it was easy to navigate and provided the info in a clear and uncluttered way.

JoanneFlamingo
First Steps

When I said I didn't like the new interface, I was specifically referring to the sleep score information.  I haven't dived into the other elements yet.

DancingSwango
First Steps

Yes, the new sleep graphs are horrible.  Actually,  all the changes since Google took over have been progressively worse. Been with Fitbit since 2012 and Will look for a new product with a better app before my Charge 5 breaks. 

potsmith
Jogger
You are being paid to be a Gaslighter. Is this really what you want to do with your life? The rest of us can see through you Google troll. I believe the person who commented that Google is purposely trying to destroy Fitbit. There is no other logical explanation for why Fitbit would keep making everything worse.
Sent from my iPhone
sleepyjude
Stepping Up

I bought my fitbit because of the sleep monitoring ability. I do not like the sleep layout change. This is my third fitbit and I dont think I will buy another if I dont have the old sleep tracking layout. It was the best part for me....Very sad.

Savvy_Aus
First Steps

Totally agree. 
The new design/update is horrible. I want the old one back as well. Same with the breathing stats too! 

Swbloom
First Steps
I do not like the new sleep screen. Loved the previous one. It was so easy to read.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.