Provide pace data per swim lap instead of calories in the dashboard

Provide swim pace data per lap instead of calories.  Would be helpful to have these time splits. At the end of workout, show total calories as well as average pace.

33 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Indicate the number of lanes swam on the screen while swimming. Also indicate the swum strokes in the app, just as it is possible with the Ionic. I understand that this sugestion was done eight months ago and received a lot of positive responses. It's not even time to take this seriously and adjust the software.

LadyAtlantica
First Steps

Agree 100% was so suprised to find this wasn't available. Might have to swap my charge3 for a Garmin 😞

SoggyMoggy
First Steps

Recently bought Charge 3 to replace previous Fitbit just because of swim capabilities.

Cant believe how poor the data is. Who needs calories per minute?

Surely it cant be difficult to implement split times for lengths? 

Quirt
Jogger

I've been  fitbit user for years; back when the best they offered was a fob.  🙂    I first got into fitbit for the sleep monitoring.   I took up  swimming as my exercise of choice 3 yrs. ago.   I have been asking for improved swim capabilities ever since.   The response was always "No.  Maybe later".    Well, my expensive ionic broke last fall.  (after just one yr, btw; It just overheated and quit.  I don't think it like all the water) .  I opted for the slightly more expensive apple Watch.    Absolutely love it.  It's swimming capabilities are fantastic.  It measures heart rate (during workout  & cool down), length,  laps, splits, calories, and even counts strokes. Not once has it gotten it wrong nor rebooted in the middle of a workout.    As much as I need the sleep monitoring, which only fitbit excels in, I thoroughly enjoy the enhanced swim stats.    Only 3 downsides.  1. you must have an iPhone to use an iWatch.    2.   The only place to see the stats is in the  Health app on the phone.  There is no iPad app nor online dashboard.   Which is minor because I've created my own excel spreadsheet for historical tracking.  3. The battery life is way shorter than fitbit.  

Just food for thought for all you swimmers out there.  AND, fitbit monitors. 🙂   Swimming stats really are important deal breakers.   Stay safe out there!  

NeedSwimSplits
First Steps

Please add splits as reviewable data in app after swim. It's super annoying that you can only see a few of your laps on the ionic screen and that the watch tells you to view splits in app but yet you can't. 

Tunni1990
Jogger
Provide pace per lap for swimming on the fit bit app. This information can be seen on the fit bit watch during swimming exercise, and once completed, but is then not available on the fit bit app. You can only see calories per lap rather than the pace.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tunni1990, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of seeing Pace per lap for swimming activity on the Fitbit app, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

JingaJesta
Jogger

Hi @Tunni1990 you are completely right.

If you can see you lap times on the watch why can't you see it in the app or on the Fitbit browser?! It's absolutely mental that the display shows calories burned rather than lap times.

If someone has set lap lengths, it is obvious that they are interested in their timings. I would bet that only 1% of swimmers are interested in reviewing their calories burned while swimming.

I would also bet the reason it is set up like this is that it would show that the length counter is inaccurate and that is why Fitbit won't share the information!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.