Quick Replies for iOS Devices

When will it be availible to reply with iOS for apple users. I noticed Versa can reply to text but it says only for android. I will never switch to android and the reply to text is the only thing that Fitbit is missing. Apple Watch does all the same plus reply to text and taking calls. Big miss on Fitbits part. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

384 Comments
dcnet
Stepping Up

Would be nice if we had a clue as to when to expect this to happen!!!

Boxerdad
First Steps
Ionic also does NOT have quick reply with IOS. Big disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone
Sydlitch
First Steps

I have an iPhone and Versa. Android is able to reply to messages off of the Versa but iPhone isn’t. I would like to be able to reply off of my Versa. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sydlitch, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please add this it seems bizarre that we as IOS users are penalised by this only being available for Android Smiley Sad

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The largest block to this is that Apple will not let third party devices respond to texts.it is Apple's way of forcing their users to stay with Apple.

I'm afraid until Apple changes it's policy, fitbits hands are tied.

Hbogush
Jogger

I still have confidence (hope?) That Fitbit will figure a way around apples heavy-handed control of their operating system, and give us the ability to use our personal watch to respond to texts   Please, please, please use your genius to figure this out for us

jzents11
First Steps

Hey there, is there any updates about whether this feature will be available for iSO?  I will never go back to android but LOVE my fit-bits.  I have the versa and its perfect but this feature would be more than helpful especially with as many meetings or events I am in to be able to respond quickly.   

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@jzents11 check my last post above for updates

crazydiamondua
First Steps

Still hoping Apple users loyal to their Fitbits get quick replies to texts...

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Bdcraw wrote:

When will it be availible to reply with iOS for apple users. I noticed Versa can reply to text but it says only for android. I will never switch to android and the reply to text is the only thing that Fitbit is missing. Apple Watch does all the same plus reply to text and taking calls. Big miss on Fitbits part. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

Have you asked apple to remove the block?

dangerdj
Recovery Runner

How about quick reply for Facebook Messenger messages if Apple won't allow 3rd party apps to respond to SMS? I've mentioned it before but there was no response from Fitbit moderators....

Rtrevi
First Steps

Add the reply messages feature for iPhone users, not just android 

03castle
Jogger

Please update iOS products to include the quick reply options 

vemerce
Base Runner
@03castle wrote:

Please update iOS products to include the quick reply options 

They can't. Apple blocks the code so that only the Apple Watch can have that feature on iOS. Smiley Sad

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please add your vote to the existing request, @03castle, but as @vemerce has reminded us. It is Apple that is blocking Fitbit. Seems like they are afraid of competition.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @03castle, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Axo
Jogger

So what is it, Fitbit? All these users are saying it's not possible but we have an official response from half a year ago saying it will likely be in the next OS update. Which is it? Apple is bad enough, we are turning to you to be an honest an open company. Be better than Apple and give us an honest update.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Up@Axo as mentioned above, Apple refuses to let a third party app have access to responding to text messages. It is also why a Garmin watch can respond to text on Android but not iOS.

The hold up is with Apple, not Fitbit or Garmin.

Axo
Jogger

Thanks Rich. I was aggravated because of no updated official response. I’m sure they’d have this implemented if they could.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It seems to be rate when Fitbit gives an official response on this board.

Things have changed over therethe few years, at one time it was only on iOS that phone calls could be answered or rejected from the wrist. I believe this also is impossible for iOS now. 

genglander
First Steps

Fitbit, will you please release an update on this already?!

Moderator edit: format

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@genglander fitbits hands are tied, please see above, or do some research on the web. Apple has blocked all third party apps from remotely responding to text messages.

Until Apple changes their policy Fitbit will not be able to release an update to include this feature.

Raff1967
Recovery Runner

This seems like a no brainer! The blaze had the capability correct?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sorry @Raff1967 the Blazer does not have this option, only there Versa, Ionic, and Charge 3(with the latest update).

However as mentioned above Apple has blocked third party apps from responding. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.