Quick Replies for iOS Devices

When will it be availible to reply with iOS for apple users. I noticed Versa can reply to text but it says only for android. I will never switch to android and the reply to text is the only thing that Fitbit is missing. Apple Watch does all the same plus reply to text and taking calls. Big miss on Fitbits part. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

391 Comments
Axo
Jogger

I wish they would just update the “coming in the next update” status to say they cant do it right now. It’s very misleading for those who don’t want to sit and read every single comment.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Wouldn’t it be great to have quick relies on IOS too? I just don’t understand why it’s on Android and not IOS but it’s a great idea that should be accessible to all users. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Kidsilver
First Steps

Hi please add my support for the inclusion of quick reply for iOS messages. I love my Versa and decided it was a much better buy than the iPhone but have been disappointed that I can’t reply to messages as I could have on the iPhone. Fitbit is now the number 2 smart watch manufacturer and this feature would be a major help in you rocking Apples foundation and eventually becoming number 1. 

Jeremy8
Jogger
You mean the iwatch? Lol

Sent from iPhone
Jazey
First Steps

Please add it soon. Apple watches can do the same thing and android devices get it.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes @Jazey, but Apple hasn't blocked third partie add from responding with Android phones, they have only blocked it on iOS  

Jazey
First Steps

That’s not what I meant @Rich_Laue but ok

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sorry @Jazey the thread of about quick replys on iOS, you said to add it with the note that this is possible with Apple watches and Fitbit can reply on Android. 

What did I get wrong?

Axo
Jogger

Rich, You’re going to be answering this question every day for the next 10 years if Fitbit doesn’t update the official response.

Axo
Jogger

@Jazey, Fitbit cannot implement the quick replies for iPhone because Apple has blocked ALL other watches (including Fitbit) from making quick replies. ONLY the Apple Watch has quick replies because it is made by Apple. 

The official response from Fitbit on this thread is a lie. Quick replies is not coming soon to Fitbit OS because Apple will not allow it.

Tsitsa
First Steps

Please have quick replies for other Apps like whatsapp, Skype, facebook messenger, and other similar messaging apps.

having quick replies for iOS would be great tho.

prabhakar0809
First Steps

Please enable Quick Replies for IOS as i feel this is the only feature FITBIT is Missing. taking calls on Smart Watch is not intetresting feature but Quick Replies is a Must Required feature. Please Enable this.

Ivaed
First Steps

Would love this feature. Only thing that’s missing from the Versa that I could really use. 

Erinkoohns
First Steps

Please bring quick replies to the ios users. 

livebylovee
First Steps

I hope there will be a way for quick replies to be sent from apple devices in the future.

Tinkers0413
Recovery Runner

It would be nice if iOS users could use quick text

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @livebylovee, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is under consideration.

Axo
Jogger

Hi @livebyloveethanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is under consideration.

Thanks Marcel. Is there an update to this status? It says it is likely coming but the rumor is that Apple has blocked fitbit from actually implementing it. Does fitbit have an official response more than "coming soon?"

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Axo! I do not have any information about the progress in this matter. Please keep watching this space for any updates or news regarding quick replies for iOS devices.

Tinkers0413
Recovery Runner
Thanks

Sent from my iPad
ks_mommie
Jogger

I look forward to hearing more when quick replying comes available. Would truly make my new Versa everything I hoped it would be.

ahassa78
First Steps

This would be a great addition. Is it being discussed?

gracestrong4134
First Steps

I just got the new Charge 3 yesterday and I was disappointed to see that there’s an option for quick replies but it’s deactivated. Adding quick replies for iOS users will make our Fitbit experiences more enjoyable. Fitbit, don’t like Apple stop you from being a great company. Figure out another way to make quick replies possible. Quick replies is all my charge 3 is missing! 

Thanks.

-Grace

Ocytal
Jogger

Hi my husband and I both have Iphones and would love to be able to reply with our firbits to our whatsapps and texts. Cant wait for it to be available fot the iOS

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.