Reinclude Calories Remaining in the Fitbit app

Even after customizing the dashboard in the updated app, I cannot see the ‘calories remaining’ feature from the old dashboard. This was an incredibly helpful piece of information that seems to have dropped off. Please add it back in or give users the option to use the old dashboard!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

31 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Abc567.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion on the new Mobile App. Please know that we take all comments seriously and that we are always looking for ways to improve the overall experience.

Let's see what other users have to say about this idea.

crazywld
First Steps

Fitbit has some excellent goal measurement on their devices however I want to be able to open the app and clearly see up front whether I am on, above or below target on my calories eaten vs burned scale during the day. Your website already has this metric but it's buried under the food logging section. I want it available as a tile or header in the Fitbit app.  I'm assuming that if I had this prominent it would help me make better eating decisions.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @crazywld, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

BelleFace
Keeping Pace

I am not using the new dashboard yet but came here to say - the tile that shows calories eaten & calories remaining is the one that I use the most and is by far the most important feature to me. I would be very upset if this was no longer prominent on the dashboard in the app.

I'll be putting off updating to the new dashboard as long as I possibly can for that reason alone!

Galivenas
First Steps

Hi! My Fitbit changed its looks this morning/new update. In general pleased with the new look but really miss the estimated calorie burn function. Before one could see how many calories one had left to eat each day, wich made it quite easy to plan meals to hit -500 calories a day or wathever the personal goal was. Now one has to guess how much one will burn each day wich makes it really hard to know if one ate way to much/really not enough, untill the next day when one can see the stats. 

Please reinstall that fuction, the new update made my life really complicated 😓

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Galivenas, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Wickywoo
Jogger

My app updated two days ago and I have spent the last two days trying to get back the calories remaining feature.  If this is important to you do not update the app as you will lose it.  I phoned support and was told to go to settings and if I didn’t see it then it wasn’t there. Well no sh*t Sherlock.  Top marks from the school of the obvious.  I can read and can manage to make it through the day remembering to breathe in and out at regular intervals so I think I can navigate an app however my struggle wasn’t with my ability it was failing to comprehend that Fitbit had chosen to remove app functionality in an ‘update’ instead of improving it.  How stupid of me.

I used the calories remaining function all day to make good eating choices and to give myself little treats when I’d worked hard etc.  This feature let me see at a glance the reward of my efforts without having to wait until the next day to see what my total burn was by midnight or performing some mental maths when making choices which is the whole point of tracking activity and logging food!!!!! 

Sadly I have put my Fitbit in the drawer following this very disappointing unnecessary update that has changed me from an avid fan of Fitbit to a disgruntled customer looking for a different tracker and software.  Surely all of the negativity around the update could be resolved by offering people the choice of returning to the old dashboard?  Fitbit should have advised functionality would be lost by updating.  I wonder if Fitbit are counting their own backwards steps.

ZaZen___
First Steps

I love the fitbit dashboard and the improvements the devs have implemented over time. What would really help me and I suspect lots of other people, is to show the calories remaining budget within the Android widget. I have a busy day, and clicking on the app to view my dashboard means I have to remember to do so. I'm using the fitbit app for foodplan and to gain some muscle which I know isn't as common as those trying to lose weight. But in either use case, I think being able to display dashboard tiles under the Android widget feature would be great, because then we can either (recreate the whole dashboard on one of our phone screens) or at least show some important tiles like sleep or whatever a user thinks is important to see. For me its very helpful to just glance at my phone and see how I'm doing throughout the day on my calorie goals. Putting this as macros would be even better, but I'll take what I can get. 

Currently, all I can do with the widget is to display my Charge 3 main goals (calories burned, not calories left in my budget, for weight gaining this is crucial), or create a quick dashboard entry in the widget feature. Hoping we can just copy the dashboard information into the widget for more functionality, hopefully this is an easy feature to add!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ZaZen___, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

ZaZen___
First Steps

@LuciaFitbit I think my suggestion is a bit different from this. I already see my calories remaining on the current dashboard. I'm just asking for the ability to display this in the widget feature of android phones. Which means I can see it on my phone homescreen without opening the app. This is really helpful because it lets me check my calorie progress throughout the day at the same time I'm checking the time on my phone. It should just be a matter of copying dashboard data into the widget feature (which currently doesn't report much aside from the main goal on my actual fitbit device). 

Amalie96
First Steps

On the old app it told you your estimated calories burned for the whole day, depending on what you have been doing so far and you resting calorie burned, bring that back

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amalie96. Nice idea, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support. See you around!

Bagg3rs
Recovery Runner

The “calories left” was so useful to plan your meals and treats for the day. Really hope they bring this back for the new dashboard otherwise there is no real point in tracking your calories in detail because you don’t know if you’re under or over till it’s too late!!

CaliGals
First Steps

I agree! Please bring back the ‘calories remaining’ feature. That was the main feature that I referred to plan my intake for the day. 

Shonz
First Steps

Yes please bring the information from the old tile back - I set a calorie limit manually and tracking my food let me know how many were left throughout the day - I didn't need to go in to the information and subtract which I now need to do. This was my most used piece of info on the old app which should not have been removed - in my opinion. 

Paulus_NL
Jogger

Totally agree, this was one of the reasons to go for Fitbit. I don't understand why you would remove a feature, I don't think it was bothering anyone right? Would love to get it back.

Katieleavitt
First Steps

I rely on my Fitbit to inform me how many calories I burn vs how much I need to consume to compensate. It might sound crazy, but I don’t trust myself. I’m already close to being underweight. I can’t afford to loose any pounds, and with the new dashboard, I can no longer see this feature. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Katieleavitt! Thanks for sharing your suggestion about showing your calories left in your dashboard with us! I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Light1977
First Steps

Please bring back projected calories burned at end of day. It makes no sense to remove a great feature. 

Mindy904
First Steps

Please put back the calories remaining for the day in the app. I used it all the time. I’m lost without it!

Heather-O
First Steps

Hi all, your Twitter team directed me here. I just wanted to suggest that on the app, when I look at my calories in vs out, I’m more interested in seeing how many I have left than how many I have had. So wondered if it may be a better idea to have the calories remaining as the larger text and the calories in as the smaller text on the app main screen. Thanks for reading 🙂

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Heather-O! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

bikstix
Stepping Up

Hi to all, As a newbie to FitBit, I would also like to see on the phone app (android) how many daily calories are left that I can consume in order to stay under my weight goal limit. I can see this in the desktop dashboard during food logging, but I can't find it in the phone app. Since I'm rarely near a computer when I eat (but always have my phone with me), this would be a great feature to help me reach my goal. Thanks!

Lynseyfit
First Steps

Are Fitbit going to implement this suggestion? I am a recently returned user and am very disappointed to see it removed. If not, I will invest in an alternative device. 

Danii93
First Steps
On the latest fitbit app update, the bar chart that shows pink, green and blue to log your calories in and calories out, needs to show calories remaining for the day based off of your food plan. It used to show this before the app update and now doesn't which isn't helpful at all
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.