Reinstate yoga videos that were removed

Fitbit Premium has a bunch of yoga videos under "discover". These have mostly disappeared. There were flexibility ones and pre natal ones for example. Also different lengths so there was 15 and 30 flex ones. Now there's only a few left. I paid Premium subscription because it gave me variety and I can't see why they've gone
63 Comments
KaceyML
First Steps

I have seen so many comments about trying to get yoga videos back on the app but they all get the same response from moderators, every issue I have brought up to an employee or mod has gotten a non answer. The yoga videos have been getting consistent requests since October, I would cancel my subscription but then I’m stuck with a watch that’s $200+ and kind of useless without premium

AshleyMilla
First Steps

I’m extremely disappointed with the removal of the yoga videos without warning. I managed to use FitStar Yoga for a few weeks but now that’s crashing. I understand if there were licensing issues between Fitbit and Down Dog but unless there is a move on @Fitbit ‘s part to repopulate the yoga section with more variety, I will not renew my premium subscription this spring. 

3kfasnacht
Jogger

Yes; please bring them back. As an older person, I use yoga a lot rather than the more rigorous exercises. In fact,  one of the reasons I selected my insurance company was because it offered Fitbit premium and promised a lot of appropriate exercises for the over-65 age group.

Kadeg
Stepping Up

Please reinstate the yoga videos. Particularly the ones for sleep which were really beneficial for relaxing before bed.

The current ones are nowhere near as good or varied and the different time lengths of previous ones meant you could always fit one of them in at some point during the day.

My subscription is due next month and I won't be continuing without the yoga as I will look elsewhere 

Jennayoga
First Steps

Please please please bring these videos back!  I just started running again after injuring my ankle and my flexibility has gone south. The yoga for runners and all the stretching video helped me so much last year. Please bring them back. It’s half the reason I pay for fitbit premium. The videos you have now... are barely yoga. Not good enough. 

dogsolitude_uk
Recovery Runner

Definitely need these back. I paid premium specifically for the yoga vids! 

Unfortunately due to depression/lockdown and a general "slump" this year I never used them. Now I've started sorting myself out, I'm stuck with having to get yet another subscription to Down Dog, which doesn't even connect to Fitbit, just Google Fit.

Oh, and the Xbox app still isn't working either 🥺

Phil_Tee
First Steps

Guys and girls DownDog subscription is the way forward. 

I cancelled my FB premium in January as a result of yoga disappearing from FB.

Much better value - discounted rate if you subscribe through DD website rather than Google Pay etc.

Although sessions are not automatically linked to FB you can change what shortcuts you have on your personal FB (as I have) so yoga is just a left swipe away (it's actually quicker than going into FB app and sorting through the videos. 

DD also has Hiit sessions,  pre-natal and meditation included. 

cheers

Phil x

dogsolitude_uk
Recovery Runner

@Phil_Tee that's a good call: meditation, yoga and HIIT under one subscription, love it 😊

I've connected Down Dog to Google Fit, and Google Fit to Fitbit using an app called Health Connect, so Down Dog stuff automatically ends up in the Fitbit App 👍

Their Meditation app currently has a known issue with Google Fit, a fix should be in the next release though, so should be good, and if all's well over the next few weeks I should be able to cancel Premium/Coach etc!

Sorry Fitbit, but I need something that covers all bases, not just physical fitness. You've missed a trick there guys... 

nevynevster
Base Runner

What I am most disappointed with is the lack of transparency from Fitbit ie why they did this and what they are going to do about it. The responses have just been along the lines of "thanks for feedback we will pass it along". If they are discontinuing the yoga offer why not just say this!  

I'd second the Downdog recommendation. It's excellent. You can just select the desired minutes and type and off you go. Very flexible (no pun intended!)

dogsolitude_uk
Recovery Runner

I also discovered another service, "Neou" which ticks all my boxes bar one:

• Meditation
  • Yoga
  • HIIT
  • Native Xbox/Android app

The only thing it doesn't do is connect with any fitness tracking, like Fitbit or Google Fit. I queried them about it, and they said that was coming soon.

So look out for Neou guys. 

My absolute dream app would include Tai Chi, Qigong  and perhaps even Shotokan Karate kata drills, but the latter would be highly inadvisable without proper instruction! In a class! 

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Premium Yoga. You can find more details o the Discover tab under "workouts".

@nevynevster, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Kadeg
Stepping Up
Hi

I can't see the original bedtime yoga, please can you let me know exactly
where it is?

Thank you
Hilstehei
First Steps
Hi!

I'm afraid that for my part reinstating the yoga videos now is too late. I
already cancelled my subscription. And also, I can't see any of the
original videos from Down Dog, so I'm guessing Fitbit in fact didn't
reinstate them, but replaced them with other videos. Too bad.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.