Reminders with labels for Ace

Hi, I see that there are some suggestions for alarm with label. I guess this would be covering reminders with text. I have 2 kids with the need of being reminded on almost everything during the day. Because they have problems with focus and concentration this will be a need they have even as adults.

I love the small watches you have like Alta and Ace. Not many buttons or functions that will take the focus from the kids. And I realized, please confirm that it is possible through a family account to set an alarm on a kid watch. Take the scenario when eating breakfast; Hi kid, today you must remember to take the bus to you Grandmother after school, because we are not home. We will pick you up later. Then I can enter my Fitbit app, select the kids watch and set a reminder at 13:50 pm with the note: Bus to Grandmother.

Please understand this is not just a useful function for me, but it is a feature that will appeal to many parents that always must call to check if the kid remembered to take the right bus. In my situation with my 2 kids, we must have the teacher to remind them about things during the school time, we call to remind, but they don’t always have their phone on, or it is on silent, or forgot it, or lost it, or forgot to charge it. I'm hoping that with the help of a device on the arm, that lasts for several days, we can relax a bit more, and the kids doesn't need to get a reminder from the worried parents.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @McQuinge, thanks for adding this suggestion! I hope a lot of people vote for it, I think can be really useful. See you around.

heidijp
Jogger

This would be so helpful!  I would like to set the reminders on my phone with the family app and let it sink to the ace (in proximity) and the have the reminders go off as scheduled.  The reminders should be able to be a one off or set to repeat each day or on certain days of the week.  Parents would love this.  A wake up alarm, a do you have your lunchbox alarm, a need to leave for the bus alarm, a it's Tuesday so stay for after school alarm, a take your medication alarm. The possibilities are endless.  There are watches for ADHD that do this, but using a fitbit is even more discreet and even kids without ADHD need lots of reminding. 

kitphyre
Stepping Up

I really hope this happens, would be a wonderful addition!

Shell212
First Steps

New feature for the children's Ace. 

To have daily reminders for chores.

More than the 8 that the garmin allow would be great.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shell212thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

kitphyre
Stepping Up

@YojanaFitbit where did you move it?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kitphyre, thanks for replying. You can vote for this feature: Reminders with labels for Ace. Thanks for posting your suggestion.

kitphyre
Stepping Up

I would love for this to happen, our son is so forgetful but loves wearing his fitbit so this would be a great addition!

kitphyre
Stepping Up

Is this being considered yet? It would be invaluable.

Ralhooly
First Steps

For kids with working-memory or specific learning disabilities such as dyslexia, it would be so great if you could allow reminders in the parental app and displayed on the Ace. e.g "Have you packed your bag?", "Have you brushed your teeth". Parents could set up repeating reminders on certain days too, for after-school activities e.g. "Take togs today, lesson after school". Etc. Give kids the ownership of their tasks/chores without needing to be reminded. 

Swchak
First Steps

I would really love to have the ability to set reminders for my son to pack his lunch box, put his homework folder into his bag etc because he.needs constant reminders. This would be such a useful feature.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

oshalla
Jogger
A way to track or reminder kids to drink water and a way to gain stars towards an end goal of body hydration!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @oshalla, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add reminders with water label for Ace. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.