Allow us to re-categorize exercises on new Fitbit app

I used to be able to rename my workouts, but the new update no longer allows this on the android app or on the website dashboard. Please fix this.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
169 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LabMouse, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing you to edit the workout type on the Fitbit app with us. This product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Tdews
Jogger
How about being able to edit the type of exercise? A pretty “novel” idea that used to be standard fare before a recent update. Like instead of getting “sport” being able to enter tennis when I play tennis. Or when I take my granddaughter for a walk in her stroller i don’t get credited for a bike ride. Yes, this actually happened
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tdews, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to edit your exercise type on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Nerdrick7149
Recovery Runner

Who’s brilliant idea was this? Let’s take a feature that literally EVERYONE uses regularly and get rid of it so we can watch everyone freak. I can’t run, can barely walk, so all I was trying to do was log my daily walk and it says “No, you ran, you can’t change it. Tough luck.” What a crock. In addition, the video tutorials on YouTube on how to do literally anything are all wrong and out of date. I tried to delete Running as an auto recognized exercise so I could log my walks and it doesn’t seem to allow that anymore either, and the YouTube tutorials talk about menus that don’t even seem to exist anymore. Thanks alot.

dadjokes67
First Steps

Just FYI, Fitbit. I bought the original Google Watch. This feature change started me looking elsewhere and I am moving away from Fitbit to Garmin at Christmas time. I only started looking because of this downgrade and I did not buy the Google Watch 2 for the same reason. I have seen other say the same kind of thing. Just wanted you to know you lost me as a customer over this one change.

CBCAD
Jogger
Once Google acquired Fitbit, looks like the direction to align with google
is driving the change.
And we the user is left out of the equation.
kay_nl
Jogger

I won’t be buying another fitbit. The service and options aren’t designed for people who have a variety of exercise in their lives.

LMerriman
First Steps
It’s such a basic functionality to remove… honestly it’s just bizarre.

Lisa
sliang62
First Steps
The old Exercise app would let you change the activity such as a walk to a run. Or change the autosensing "Sport" to what you were actually doing as "Walk" or "Run" or adjust the time that you exercised but the new app won't let you. Seem like the new app went backwards in terms of functionality.
krs78
First Steps
I used to be able to rename my workouts, but the new update no longer allows this on the iPhone app. Please fix this. It is an important feature that was removed and needs to be brought back in order to fully access FitBit use/features.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @krs78, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to rename your exercises on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @sliang62, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

BusyA
Jogger

Fitbit app thinks I am swimming when I’m folding laundry. Until last week I could recategorise exercise but now that function has gone.

Everything about the app has worsened since Google took over.

Let us recategorise exercise please and please listen to your customers.

The customer is always right you know.

GJWilliruns
Stepping Up

Unless Google are purposefully trying to annoy Fitbit users, I can’t understand why they are messing up what was working before. I mowed the lawn yesterday and it came up with sport! The app has NEVER had badminton as a sport, but did have tennis. So I’d record my badminton session as tennis and change it to badminton. Now it either HAS TO stay as tennis or, if I forget to record the game manually, it automatically records as just Sport. Also, the forcing of using a gmail account in the future, is not on. Bring the sport renaming back. The reply was pointless, about feature requests! It’s not a feature request, as it was ALREADY THERE ONCE. Every device I have is Apple and all these changes are making me want to ditch my Fitbit and just buy an Apple Watch.

CBCAD
Jogger
Agree
Googles alignment has moved away from the Fitbit we first loved.

Unless they get it together, I’m out at my next upgrade.
sleeprer
First Steps

When I play table tennis it constantly ounts it as swimming. Before I was able to just correct it but now I have to delete the old one and log the new one manually. It is a very useful feature I used daily, whay on earth would it be removed?!

jaywtravel
Jogger
Despite numerous complaints Fitbit just isn’t listening to its customers.
kaymc79
Recovery Runner

Has this been fixed yet? Does anyone at the company actually use a fitbit?

Tonenuff
Jogger

Utterly frustrating -I surf and use my watch to track the exercise, but there is no surf shortcut on the watch, so I update “workout” in the app, but no longer can. At first I thought it was a bug, saw a post about it “should be updated in a future release” but nothing has been done. I hate the layout of the updated app and the removal of this feature makes it exponentially worse. When it’s time for a new tracker, I will look to other brands before returning to Fitbit.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.