Restore real time heart rate indicator on Fitbit app

This dashboard update is awful. Removing the current heart rate zone eliminated a feature I used constantly. Of all the bad things about this update, this is the worst. Others include the wasted screen space, unnecessary section and block headers. There is a new lack of flexibility & I’m forced to show stuff I don’t want to get at info I do want.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

72 Comments
Ash-fit
Jogger
You used to be able to see your heart rate zones throughout your workout. This was a huge motivator and one reason I like using my fitbit. Makes me want to look for other products.
LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

The OP is referring to the live heart rate on the updated Fitbit app.  I prop my phone on the treadmill or elliptical, so I can see my heart rate without looking at my Fitbit.  The older versions show your heart rate zone in the tile.  It's very easy to see.  Please bring back this important and useful feature.

Victamon
Tempo Runner

I used to use this on elliptical-style machines as well, that have place for phone.  Why would they backslide that away?!? Even if it were delayed a few seconds still better than having to look always at watch.

Pixelvt
Jogger

Please put the heart rate zone I am in currently into Beat per Minute display so I know exactly what zone I am in, as this changes with fitness level as well.  The circle graphic does not make much sense but I don't really care about that, I just want to know my current heart rate and zone at a glance

Also, fix the battery display

Woozle
Recovery Runner

I've only just noticed this while scrolling through the multitude of complaints.

I too prop my phone up on machines and while I'm actually walking use the live  HR display to make sure I'm in a particular zone. Now, nothing?!

DragonIady
Stepping Up

I use a workout method that centers around maintaining my heart rate in the fat burn zone, which used to be easy because I could prop my phone on my elliptical and track my heart rate zone in real time and then adjust my speed or resistance as soon as I was outside of the zone. As a matter of fact, I have an Apple Watch but wear my Fitbit during exercise *specifically* for this feature. Please bring back this feature or give the option to revert back to the old version of the app!

kkwrighty
First Steps
I specifically used the app while working out to track my heart rate in real time. Why, why, WHY did you remove this functionality? Now the app is useless to me. After using Fitbit for almost 10 years and being a Premium subscriber, for the first time I’m considering switching, as this app update shows how out of sync you are with your customers.
Tuckersue
Keeping Pace

I can’t believe this is gone too! I used this all the time. This update is a disaster 

Mieke28
Keeping Pace

Totally agree with your post, heart rate is the main reason I use FitBit, with this gone I will also have to look to go elsewhere. 

dscarney
First Steps

I used to see predicted calories left for the day. But it’s disappeared
I can only see calories burned so far for the day
So it’s hard to plan in advance my calories
what the hell have they done with this update!!

Pagen
Recovery Runner

Their new "app" completely killed my fully functioning Fitbit that is 20 months old. Never a single problem until the night they rolled the app out and the very next morning, I had NO screen and no way to fix it. Customer service is non-existent...they offered me a discount for a new one...NO thanks. $150.00 for 20 months plus almost $80.00 a year for premium is ridiculous. Looking at other options...and Garmin is looking good.

Ashdj
First Steps
The update removed dark mode so it is very hard to see. It removed real time bpm which was very important. Worst in my opinion, it replaced average mph with pace. The groupings are useless. Fix this, it has made the app borderline unusable. The updates were not necessary or desired, it was perfect the way it was.
alha
Recovery Runner

The Oct 2023 update is really annoying.  For one thing, the auto track has gotten really spotty... For another thing, I can't find the button to add a workout that auto-track didn't record.  I hate the new interface.  The old interface was just about perfect.  This update seems to have been about removing free features.  Very disappointed. 

alha
Recovery Runner

I'm disappointed to learn that this feature is gone.  I've also noticed that auto track for walking and cycling is not as accurate anymore.  

Eberry
Jogger

I used this to track my heart rate also, I'm so confused with the new app. Why would you do this to us? The colors are horrible, it is really difficult to tell between peak rate and regular heart rate.😩 Please give us the option to switch back to the old look.

Sjh1977
Jogger

Also a fitbit user for 10 years and premium for probably 5 years. "Why why why" is a very good question!!

And same for me, my Xmas wish list on Amazon shared with family now has competitor products appended....unless Fitbit rolls back In the next 1-2 weeks. 

Fitbit's ignorant sleepwalk into this UX abyss is about to make it the Nokia and Kodak of health/fitness monitoring devices apps....

crashtx1
Base Runner

While I'm not loving the app update(along with various issues with my Charge 5) I still see my real time heartrate BPM in the app. Am I seeing something different on my iPhone?

Wingermann
First Steps

This is the worse Fitbit upgrade. The UI looks it was designed by a 5th grader. It's outdated, primitive and very poorly designed. It's the opposite of eye catching and inviting. Fitbit, why did you go from a sophisticated look and intuitive verson to this awelful user interface? 

Pagen
Recovery Runner
You are so right on! What were they thinking? FYI...After my Fitbit went blank on the face...and after contacting them repeatedly and having them tell me that I needed a new one...I spent a day online and I was able to find the fix I needed. WHY didn't they tell me how to fix it? GRRRR..............
Brightmind
Jogger

I blew a gasket when I saw the new update and was really upset until I saw a user suggest rolling it back to spite the fact they say you can't. After a little digging on Google I found several sites with all the previous software versions. Simply uninstall the Fitbit app and search for Version 3.8, it's very stable. Obviously you have to use the file for your phone whether it's iOS or Android. You will also have to temporarily allow your phone to download unknown apps this one time since it's not coming from the Play store. Download the file and install and you will have your old interface back running perfectly. Just don't have your app update set on auto and be careful not to update the Fitbit app. 

SkinnyCoach
Jogger

I totally agree. My favorite feature. 

Victamon
Tempo Runner

My present (<5s ago) HR shows on the ver4.00.1 app for Android with Bluetooth activated.  However, absent live connectivity it shows instead a range within the day (calendar date, midnight to present?) ostensibly min to max.  The model of my Fitbit HR-monitoring device is Sense 2, running on FW ຯ..184.52.

Screenshot_20231001_181045.jpgScreenshot_20231001_181151.jpg

Jam2018
Base Runner

Yep, as an open heart surgery survivor this was one of my favorite features too.  There is absolutely nothing I like about the new look.  Why do they always have to 'fix' things that already work great!?

Jam2018
Base Runner

Yes it's hard to believe professionals designed this update, the whole look of it is awful and the removal of features people loved, I simply don't get it.

SkullyJoe
First Steps

Agree with all the comments. I  want to be able to see live heart rate zone overlay on my HR to maintain Cardio and Peak times as I want them by adjusting the treadmill. 
Please make live HR zones available again!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.