Restore real time heart rate indicator on Fitbit app

This dashboard update is awful. Removing the current heart rate zone eliminated a feature I used constantly. Of all the bad things about this update, this is the worst. Others include the wasted screen space, unnecessary section and block headers. There is a new lack of flexibility & I’m forced to show stuff I don’t want to get at info I do want.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

72 Comments
Warrendroms
Stepping Up

I'm about done as well, this latest app configuration absolutely SUX **ahem**

Don't  know what tracker I'm moving to , but it definitely will not be a Fit**ahem**

Pagen
Recovery Runner
I am sorry that so many people have been screwed over by Fitbit! I ordered a Garmin today...after spending the last few days trying to resuscitate my Fitbit. I can't believe that they don't care that SO many people have been affected...and I for one am going to make sure EVERYONE on social media knows what a crappy business they are running. Good luck and I hope you find something you like!
VT1
Jogger
When I logged exercise I used to see a HR graph for the exercise period with zones and average and max HR. I found this the most useful feature but it is no longer ger available on the new app!!
LornaApe
Recovery Runner

Totally agree!! 
Absolutey nothing good about this supposed upgrade!! 

ChakaCon
Recovery Runner

I agree,  wouls rather see the current heart rate. Who needs to see their resting heart rate all the time. 

crashtx1
Base Runner

I see real time heart rate as opposed to resting.

Sunmustshine
Recovery Runner

It was the first issue I noticed with the new app. I used this feature multiple times a day so I’m not thrilled with its disappearance. Second issue is that I no longer can check battery life from the app. Please go vote https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Battery-life-no-longer-visible-in-app/idi-p/5465189

detra12
Jogger

Yep this is one of the main reasons I bought and used this app years ago!  If they don't listen to their loyal customers in the next week or so I'll be switching out.  I can't go without this feature

The2023updateis
First Steps

I 100% agree. The HR zones at a glance were very helpful for me with dysautonomia and now it feels like I have to dig through mud to get to what I need. All of the other things noted as well. Wasted space, headings, and OHMYGOD THE COLOR SCHEME. this was designed to make usage worse obviously 

nancymcmom1
Jogger

Ditto.... time to upgrade my watch anyway. I've had a Fitbit for years and years, but I'm looking at different options.  This new app is awful.  

detra12
Jogger
Thanks google for ruining my wellness experience. As long as you make more
money though….😡
MarkIndia
Base Runner

I absolutely agree with you regarding all aspects of this new app. I would like to think that this was not a deliberate attempt by Fitbit to shoot itself in the foot nor a reflection of its arrogance towards its customers. C'mon Fitbit you can do a lot better than this. Up your game  -the competition is hot and nipping at your heals 🙂 Looking forward to a quick resolution

EJMdesign
Jogger

Agreed!  That was a particularly useful function!  I really hate that they eliminated that. 

Time to shop an Apple Watch, I guess. 

MarkIndia
Base Runner

Long Comment  - so please bear with me!  I am 65 years old ( today actually) and have been a Fitbit fan / addict since 2017 starting with a Blaze, Fitbit Versa Lite and now Versa 2. In the last 6 years, I have a met my goal of 10,000 step 90% of the time. 1) The Blaze lasted the  longest but till just after the warranty period was over so no replacement was possible 2) I was able to get replacements for the Versa Lite and Versa 2 and to it's credit Fitbit made the process of replacement smooth and seamless.

Positives: 1) Fitbit metrics: The metrics have been great and well explained . I am sure it contributed greatly to my health consciousness and well being 2) Honouring the Warranty: As mentioned earlier the process of honouring the warranty and replacement were smooth and seamless.

Negatives and Concerns: 1) Cost: Fitbits don't come inexpensive (at least for me in India) and I would expect the watch / tracker to last at least 5 years if not more and have it's software upgraded accordingly. 2) Battery Life: The  battery and heart sensor of the Blaze and Versa Lite gave up the ghost in just over a year 3) Statistics: I do not recall the statistics of previous years but for the last year and a half y ( with the Versa 2), I have felt flattered with being able to take my peak  BPM to over 180 with just gentle jogging. This obviously reflects on my Peak Cardio, Cardio, Fat Burn, Custom Zone ( which I set at between 120 and 150 ) and of course Cardio Fitness which for me is between 49 and 51 - in the excellent range. On discussion with others and on some reading I realised that it was not possible for me to consistently generate heart rates of 180to 190 BPM. I then read so many complaints on the same issue on this forum especially regarding the Versa 2.  4 ) My own verification of heart rates : I did this against the  oximeter which was widely used during covid - heart rates seem to be ok at the lower end from RHR to about 110BPM.  Above that it is difficult to assess as the BPM soon as I stop  to measure. I am now using a simple cheap tracker ( 1/5th the cost)  on the other hand. Again it does appear that there is some consistency up to around 130 BPM after which my Versa hits the roof! Except that I am no longer flattered. Many of you have attempted more and better ways but it should not be the customer's responsibility to get more equipment, test and research on what is the very basis of the wearable technology. We cannot be expected to crash test our cars just  see I the airbags function! 5) Data and Algorithms: All data ranging from Sleep, Readiness, Stress Management except Steps are based on heart data and if this is wrong my watch becomes nothing more than a super expensive pedometer. 6) The New Phone App: For God's sake do something or anything about this abomination. Seriously Google and Fitbit you are no new kids on the block. You are mega tech companies with resources and technology. Do something ASAP. 

Final Comment: This is especially given the size of Google, Fitbit and the influence they wield. Your data on health statistics can either contribute greatly or screw things up completely. You owe it to us customers and the world to respond with improved products and correction of older ones. It is not unknown in the world of commerce -automobile for example to recall faulty products and replace them. 

I think all your customers would like to stay associated with you for all the positives you bring to the table . Just don't take customer loyalty for granted.

katgogo
Base Runner

Me too! That was my display during workouts to make sure I didn't exceed my maximum rate, especially now that I'd older. This was actually a health safety check for me. I am also REALLY annoyed that Fitbit Pay has been dropped by ALL 3 of my banks, and they stated they more banks with drop it but will support Google Wallet. I worried these problems would happen when Google acquired this company as has been their history. I bought upgraded to the Charge  5 only last year for BOTH the above functions. I will NEVER again buy a Fitbit product unless Google restores these functions. Best to just remove the heart rate now from Fitbit tracker.

katgogo
Base Runner

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/buy-fitbit-honest-questions/

This story didn't mention elimination of real time heart rate and discontinuing Fitbit pay. I completely agree that I see NO new or useful functions with this latest Google update. I also agree that I will NEVER purchase another Fitbit or as much a look at a Pixel watch. Way to go, Google in KILLING customer trust and loyalty!

AnneA
Jogger

Omg yes!! Why did they remove this??? And I saw in one of the comments about the estimated calories remaining being gone too!! But don’t worry guys, they added a coaching tab so it’s totally better (sarcasm)

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KAD4, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about restoring the real time heart rate indicator on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

KAD4
Recovery Runner
But, why would you have removed this in the first place ? I really don’t understand why the app has been degraded as it has. It’s very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone
carringtondl
Runner

I just bought a {rhymes with toilet paper lowest end model} and it has an arc that shows heart rate and zones in pretty colors during an activity.  Afterward there’s a lovely detailed chart which shows the zones and percentage of time in each one similar to the one Fitbit has. The lack of heart rate zones, lack of a consistent heartbeat are for me the worst thing missing from the execrable disaster that is the current UI update.

SOS39
Jogger
I recently purchased an inspire 2 to monitor my heart rate while exercising. Heart rate is unreadable on the device when outside. I was able to work around this by using the app to determine real-time, live heart rate while outdoors exercising. Fit bit has disabled this “real-time heart rate function on the app after the last update. Why? Why?
xenaFB
Runner

I agree! The new app is garbage!

Pagen
Recovery Runner
Sent from my iPhone
Jackieg2263
First Steps

I'm disappointed with its dissappearence too. For me, the heart rate zone provides an indicator of cardiovascular health. I ride horses and like to view it to get an indication of my anxiety and stress levels and to see if mitigation strategies i.e. taking a rest or slow and deep breathing work. 

strawycape
First Steps

I agree - the real time heart rate was basically the only feature that I was using, that data is now useless to me because it is 24 hours behind. So I will certainly not be renewing my premium sub when it runs out unless this feature is returned.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.