Restore real time heart rate indicator on Fitbit app

This dashboard update is awful. Removing the current heart rate zone eliminated a feature I used constantly. Of all the bad things about this update, this is the worst. Others include the wasted screen space, unnecessary section and block headers. There is a new lack of flexibility & I’m forced to show stuff I don’t want to get at info I do want.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

72 Comments
quickpick
Jogger

I can see real time bpm, as long as the watch is Bluetooth connected with the app. What you guys are talking about? I am confused.

crashtx1
Base Runner
Thank you Jogger. I replied the same thing a few days ago. I see real time
on my Charge 5 and my phone.
MarkIndia
Base Runner
I too can see realtime heart rate. Are we viewing different apps?
KAD4
Recovery Runner
There is no indicator of the zone one is working in.

While exercising, I used the notice of fat burn, cardio or peak heart rate zones constantly to make sure that I was working in the core zone. It’s unwise for me to stay at peak too long, and can be unproductive to work without reaching the cardio zone. I simply don’t understand why they would have removed this feature.
KAD4
Recovery Runner
There is no indicator of fat burn, cardio or peak zones.

Sent from my iPhone
hughletheren
Jogger

The loss of real time heart rate is a major and disappointing aspect of the new app.  I have upgraded from Versa Lite and Pixel 6 to Pixel Watch 2 and Pixel 8 Pro - only to find that my most useful real time measure, my current heart rate while exercising, is now missing.  I know I can see it on my watch but that means lifting my arm off the handlebars on the bike or cross trainer to see it, which is mighty inconvenient!  I need complete visibility of my heartrate all the time.
I trust Google/Fitbit will get this sorted soon, please!

MarkIndia
Base Runner
This function is available on the new app. If heart rate is of your primary
interest move the tile such that it appears on the top of your app. You can
then place your phone on the treadmill holder and see your heart rate in
real time.
The problem as I see it is the ugliness of the app, the inconvenience and
lack of user friendliness.
The map tracking your outdoor activities is hideouls to say the least.
Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future.
hughletheren
Jogger

I am sorry but it does not on my Pixel 8 Pro with the Pixel Watch 2 - see attached screenshot:  Do not seem to able to attach a screenshot!

hughletheren
Jogger

Screenshot.png

rrinks
First Steps
The latest update removed many useful functions and kept many that are not.

I need a heart rate monitor to tell the effectiveness of my exercise and really liked the graph of my heart rate over the entire day ( but that isn't a requirement)

Also: When I purchased my Fitbit I could see my progress even if I didn't have Internet access.
Kate2024
Recovery Runner

Agree completely. I miss this feature as well. I cannot understand how this app was introduced without any trial option.

ebluntt
First Steps

This is really good product. Love to use. Very much accurate. Thanks to FITBIT.

Fire all the developers and programmers responsible for this latest abomination of a user interface.   Being part of the beta test group, I *KNOW*  for a fact sufficient feedback was given about the new look, that warranted NOT releasing without major consideration given to this feed back.   But in your infinite lack of wisdom, it was released anyway.  Y’all are following the Facebook Code of Programmer Ethics in releasing untested, unwanted and useless products.

FIRE the development team and management responsible for this horrible product before you drive all the loyal Fitbit community remaining to your competitors. 

Brightmind
Jogger

This is the best comment out of all of the thousands of posts! Please bring back the old app or you're going to see a mass exodus for the very reasons perfectly stated above. For those fortunate enough to be on Android, revert back to 3.9 and you can at least use your Fitbit with the original app for another year, hopefully. 

ALM2023
Jogger

We need the current heart rate tracking back - that's how many of us watch for unexplained heart rate spikes.  If it is buried in this mess of an app with 4.0.X somewhere, it's really hard to find.  The only data that seems to be available now is resting heart rate.  Even the chart now associated with the active zone minutes (buried in that bland chart that can't be expanded for visibility about halfway down the page) seems to display resting heart rate rather than current heart rate.  None of the data that I had manually recorded for heart rate spikes before the app updated to 4.0.X matches what is displayed at those same days/times now on that chart.  Either it was wrong before or wrong now (or maybe wrong before and after)

TinaD117
Jogger

My BPM has been missing. I can’t say it’s been missing since I updated to Google but I’m disappointed it’s missing. I also liked the new updated app showed BPM range daily so I can see how much I used my heart. 

GuineaG
First Steps

Agreed, I like to monitor peak heart rate after a run so I can check I’m staying in the appropriate zone for my age. Now it’s impossible to do that. Why would such a useful feature be removed? 

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this product feedback. We’re very happy to let you know that this issue has been released on the 4.04 version of the Fitbit app for iOS devices. Your live heart rate should now be displayed on the Heart Rate tile. You can find more details here.

@KAD4, in recognition of your excellent product feedback, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Victamon
Tempo Runner

oi👍. yeh

hughletheren
Jogger

@LizzyFitbit What about the Android version, please?
Hugh Letheren

DragonIady
Stepping Up

@LizzyFitbit I’ve updated to the latest version of the app but it still does not display live heart rate zones in real time DURING a workout. I keep the app open on my phone and watch my heart rate fluctuate based on my workout. My goal is to maintain a heart rate in the Fat Burn Zone. If my heart rate goes outside of this zone, I adjust my speed, intensity, etc. to get back into the Fat Burn Zone. The old interface very clearly showed the zone I was in throughout my workout, it was noted directly below the BPM on the heart rate tile (Below Zone, Fat Burn Zone, Cardio Zone, Peak Zone). In the attached pic, highlighted with the purple box and arrow…THIS IS THE INFO I’M LOOKING FOR! This feature was removed with the app overhaul in October. Yes, I can check my time in each zone AFTER my workout if I dig around in the app, but I need it DURING my workout so I can adjust my workout as needed.

IMG_0558.jpeg

hughletheren
Jogger

@LizzyFitbit  I have just updated to android version 4.04.2.11 fitbit-mobile and it still does not show Realtime heartrate.  I do not seem to be allowed to post a screenshot - pity!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.