Revert back to old exercise tracker

I hate the new update. 

I don't care about pace or distance - I care about calories and time. Allow users to edit what they see on the "Track Exercise" screen.

719x1280.jpeg.1c31e5d9c0bf44c781d693c9073e7f36.jpg

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

99 Comments
jengd
Base Runner
If I accidentally mislabel an exercise/activity, I can't correct it. It has to be deleted and re-entered by hand, losing all tracking info.
jengd
Base Runner
Also add editing of food. I logged in a meal, realized I entered it for the wrong day and had to delete it all and start over. I expected that I could just edit and pull down the day to correct it.
Joey911
Recovery Runner

I asked support about this and they sent me here. I forgot to put my CHR into exercise mode right away and wanted to go fix this like I can using Jawbone UP's app. No luck.

dmenken
First Steps

It would seem to me that this is an easily fixable issue.  I too mislabeled an exercise, as rowing when it was spinning.  I should be able to change it, and keep the statistics.  Fitbit: let's work on this!!

toomnyhats
Premium User
Jogger

I agree this is an essential feature since deleting and re-adding looses stats.

GIJaneDDS
Jogger

I very much dislike the new exercise dashboard on the mobile app, and note that many others feel the same (this is by looking at the community blog).  Where we used to see "Time, Calories Burned, Average bpm" we now see "Miles, Pace, Average bpm".  While this is great for runners, there are many users who do not run.  When I stretch, play tennis, or do aerobic activities, the miles and pace have absolutely no meaning.  

It would be a great idea and make everyone happy if we could adjust the excercise portion of the dashboard to show what we want to show.  Or, when "running" is listed as an activity, miles, pace, and bpm could be shown. 

This update is definitely one which would make me consider moving to an Apple Watch or other device.  My fitbit addiction just diminished by about 50%. Change it back!!!

Tracker71
First Steps

Totally agree , please give us the option.Not all runners

mamcgill05
First Steps

Im with you, i don't like it!

I think it should be an option. I work at a job i am on my feet, dashing here and there, but not long distances, and surly not for 10 minutes. even the peeps I work use there to make sure we can strive to the goals we set, not what Fitbit is setting for us.

was there a survey or you guys just made the decision?

I think some of your customers who brought their fitbit knew they needed to move and get active, but that thing on their are not going to incourage them to move if they cant see success!

listen to your customers!

Mitchymoo
First Steps
Agreed! I'm already getting wound up that it's trying to pace my combat and pump classes and I can't see the info I want. Don't run, never will. The reason I went for a fitbit is that it tracks all exercise...
KourtneyP83
First Steps

OMG yes! I thought I had done something to change this and emailed customer support.  At least give us an option to change it back. I'm not a running - I take group fitness classes.  I want it to look the old way! 

jjewt
Stepping Up

AGREED!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agree! Very odd of them to change a feature to what they believe is right without giving you the option to choose what you want!

hp44
Jogger
Same issue. All exercise is NOT running/walking
krousch
Recovery Runner
Agree with all - cross fit and weight training don't exactly lend themselves to pace and distance. Perhaps having an option to toggle between current tracking method and old (time, calories burned, avg BPM) would be far more beneficial. Please come up with an update to fix this ASAP!!
Funyun
Jogger
Please give us the option to change back!
Freed
Jogger
Change back to how it was, please. Or allow the option to set it either way.
gmiker
Jogger
All workouts have duration and calories. Only running and walking have distance and pace. What were you thinking? Please put it back, and make an option that we can choose and the default should be duration/calories.
Status changed to: Released
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the iOS workout log. 

image2[1].PNGIf you manually log an activity, you should now see calories instead of pace on the workout tile as it was previously displayed.

If you use MobileRun or manually log a walk or run, you should see pace displayed on the workout tile.

image1[1].PNGIf you use MobileRun to track your workout or manually log a run or walk, you can still find calories burned and a breakdown of your fitness stats for that workout by clicking on it.

Thanks for sharing your feature requests!

Bananars
Recovery Runner

Hi @DerrickS

Manually entering the workout doesn't reflect the correct calories burned. 

I just entered my Saturday workout manually for the same time frame and it gave me 805 calories burned vs the 608 originally stated. 

Thanks, 

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 2.52.38 PM.png

IMG_1548.PNG

krousch
Recovery Runner
I don't typically manually log anything - pressing the button on the tracker itself should track my activity (and it did so, well, up until the last app update). The usage of the app on a mobile device is much more prevalent than logging into the dashboard online. (In my experience). You're hearing the displeasure with the change, so as opposed to pointing out what we already know- maybe there could be an option to change it back or toggle between the display options. If it ain't broke, don't fix it....
Bananars
Recovery Runner

@krousch, you can manually enter from within the app - but the issue I'm having is that the data reflected when manually entered doesn't match pressing the button the tracker. 

Waiting to hear from @DerrickS on that. 

krousch
Recovery Runner
@Bananars totally hear you on that! I'd be irked too if what I was entering wasn't actually what was happening. My frustration is that what shows up on the app (pace/distance/BPM) is no longer what it used to be when pressing the button on the tracker (calories burned/length of time of workout/BPM) after syncing. I don't manually enter my workouts myself; I strictly use the button on the tracker for my workouts (which primarily consist of weight training and crossfit). So allowing an option to toggle between views of output, whether you're a runner or otherwise, would be most helpful.
CoffeeTime
Jogger

I don't want to log workouts manually! I want to be able to press the button on the device and have the app display time and calore burned once I'm done. It was working so well, why change it?? 

Freed
Jogger
Thank you but that doesn't help for when I turn on the track exercise...
Bananars
Recovery Runner

Hi All, 

I think we'll have to start a new thread for this issue - since moderation has marked it as 'implemented'.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.