Rowing/Stationary Rowing Machine Exercise Shortcut

Considering most of the important cardio equipment is represented in the Exercise list, I think it's more than justifiable to add a stationary rowing machine to the list. Almost every gym in America contains at least one or more Concept 2 rower as it is a total body and low impact method of Cardio. It's one of my favorites and I'm sure I am not the only user that is a bit disappointed that is not represented.

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity and added labels.

1,030 Comments
Lxngtn4
First Steps
It would be great to be be able to pick 'rowing' from the list of exercises instead of having to enter it in the app. I very rarely remember my stats and having it as an option would be so nice to have.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lxngtn4, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having Rowing as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

mata
Recovery Runner
It would be nice to track kayaking or other outdoor rowing as well as have the water lock come on automatically as it does when selecting swimming.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mata, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "Outdoor Rowing" as an exercise shortcut to use it with the water lock feature on Luxe. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

_FitBob_
Base Runner
Add Rowing or Erg as an Exercise
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @_FitBob_, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Rowing as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Haiiten
First Steps
Add the rowing option to the exercice workouts (on the drop down list to starta new workout directly from the charge 5).
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Haiiten, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Rowing as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

rflynn0820
First Steps
Rowing machines are becoming increasingly popular these days. How about including a Rowing entry under “Exercise”?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rflynn0820, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Rowing to the exercise shortcuts list with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

YetiFit
Recovery Runner
Rowing is such a core exercise and you can find support in Apple, Samsung, and pretty much EVERY OTHER fitness and smart watch out there. How is it possible that a company focused on fitness does not have support for rowing as an exercise? Please add it.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @YetiFit, thank you for sharing this idea about the option to add Rowing as an exercise to Fitbit devices. I noticed a similar idea was already posted in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. You can also vote for this other idea related to this topic. This will help the team of developers to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Don't forget to add your vote and comments to Support this idea. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Deb972
Recovery Runner
Please let us add rowing to the list of exercises on Inspire 2.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Deb972, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add rowing to the list of exercises. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

GMCpl
First Steps
I would like to add rowing to the exercise options as it's not included. I recently purchased a Hydrow and would like to be able to track my exercise
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GMCpl, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Rowing as an exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

shelley228
First Steps
Please add rowing to the exercise options.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @shelley228, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding rowing to the exercise option. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Ullrk
First Steps
Can rowing machine be added to the exercise shortcuts menu on the Charge 5? It is an exercise I do frequently, and it would be convenient to be able to monitor the activity and auto-record it on the device in real time rather than after the fact on the app. There are many other exercises on the list, but this is excluded for some reason. Thank you.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ullrk, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of including Rowing Machine to the exercise shortcuts menu on the Charge 5. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion to add this to Fitbti devices already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

OddMystic
First Steps
Hello! Please add a specific indoor rowing exercise function.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @OddMystic, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding indoor rowing exercise to exercise shortcuts. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Praznet
First Steps
Was wondering why there is no Rowing exercise in the list of exercises, it's a pretty common equipment across gyms
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Praznet, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding Rowing exercise to the list of shortcuts. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Oceandust
Jogger
There aren't enough options under the Exercise Shortcut List. Rowing is not an available option. While there are some other options on the Exercise Shortcut List, it just doesn't encompass all types of workout activities (especially stationary ones).
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.