Rowing/Stationary Rowing Machine Exercise Shortcut

Considering most of the important cardio equipment is represented in the Exercise list, I think it's more than justifiable to add a stationary rowing machine to the list. Almost every gym in America contains at least one or more Concept 2 rower as it is a total body and low impact method of Cardio. It's one of my favorites and I'm sure I am not the only user that is a bit disappointed that is not represented.

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity and added labels.

1,030 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BigDaddySun, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Rowing/Stationary Rowing Machine exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

topspin
Base Runner
I'm sure if you contact Concept2, the world leader in rowing machines, they could help with the needed metrics.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @topspin, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Rowing/Stationary Rowing Machine as an exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Add to workout options please!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Rowing/Stationary Rowing Machine Exercise Shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ChristaLop
Jogger
Please add a Rowing Machine workout to the exercise shortcuts.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ChristaLop. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Rowing Machine to the Exercise Shortcuts with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Edmundhonda
First Steps
Create a track rowing exercise preset
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Edmundhonda, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Rowing/Stationary Rowing Machine Exercise Shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

rideamericanqh
First Steps
Is there a way to track steps while I use my NordicTrack rowing machine?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rideamericanqh, thanks for sharing this suggestion about including stationary rowing machine as a exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SisselT
First Steps
Hi! Please add rowing as a feature exercise. Thanks
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SisselT, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add rowing as an exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Danny16Danny
First Steps
It would be very nice to track my (almost daily) rowing activities. I don't get why there are almost no watersports available since the Charge 4 is water resistant.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Danny16Danny, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Rowing to Exercise Shortcuts. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

AnneFromBoston
First Steps
I have a Charge 2—yup, it’s old, but so am I. I have rowed my way through Covid on a simple home rower, but I have no way to track it. Please add a rowing tracker.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AnneFromBoston, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding the Rowing activity for Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

skylergirl
Jogger
You have golf and karate as an exercise, but not rowing, when rowing is just as difficult as any other machine at the gym.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @skylergirl, thanks for sharing this suggestion about including rowing as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

m-umar
Hill Runner
This is very popular exercise in general and growing in popularity due to no-impact nature of this exercise.
Stix1240
Jogger

How long is it going to take to get rowing added to exercise shortcuts?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @m-umar, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Rowing Machine exercise as a shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

rdl0015
First Steps
I'd just like to see the option for rowing added as an exercise shortcut. I use an Inspire 2 and row frequently outside and inside.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rdl0015, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see rowing exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Stix1240, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "Rowing" as an exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.