Save countdown time on Sense/Sense 2

The countdown timer on the Sense does not save once you exit the Timer app. For example, if I were to set a 30 second countdown timer, I want to come back to the Timer app later today or tomorrow and it would still be saved to 30 seconds. It does this on the Versa / Versa 2. It does not do this on the Sense.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
107 Comments
AlecGo
Jogger

Yup , the same issue with me, I found a work around , after days of frustration: so ... set the timer with three extra seconds, pause the timer and exit ( by going back to the main menu) then go back to the timer... it will be there. The tiny problem is that you will have to the same thing every time or save a couple of them. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BlazeFS, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about saving "Countdown Timer" on Fitbit Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Beppe_mi
First Steps
Hi Guys,
could be useful on sense having pre-set different timers maybe with customizable label. For example, I pre-set a timer of one minute and thirty seconds for when I work out with weights in the gym. To be able to start this timer immediately without setting minutes and seconds every time. set a second timer for example call it "pasta"
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Beppe_mi, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see pre-set timers on Fitbit Sense. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

lorigray
Walker

I use the countdown timer daily for doing stretches. It was disappointing to find when I upgraded from the Versa 2 that I have to continually reset it.

Jarbre
First Steps

Hi, just got my Sense and learning to use it.  I agree with this opinion and miss that the previous time is not remembered.  In addition it would be great if we could save timers, storing 2 or 3 in the watch for easy access.  I use the 30 second timer several times a day but also need a 45 second timer regularly.  It would be great to be able to store them so we can just click on the time we want.

CBV2
Tempo Runner

This is a relatively small matter in terms of programming etc, but a big issue for usability.  I cannot understand why this facility was removed.  Consider: if I set a time, say 10 minutes, use that time, go and do something else, then come back some time later, I now find (on the Sense) that the default time is set to 0:00. The alternative is for the default time to remain at 10:00. I will never use the default time of 0:00, but may, probably will, use the default time of 10:00.  So there are zero situations where I will use the zero'ed default time, but at least one, probably many situations where I will use the 10:00 default time. It makes Sense to keep the previous time as the default time.  It doesn't make sense to default the default to 0:00

daboo
First Steps

On my Charge 3, I use the Countdown timer 2 to 3 times daily, mostly for steeping tea (leave it at 3 mins). One of the Charge 3 updates (earlier this year/late last?) was a nice feature bump for me (setting minutes, then seconds). Today my Charge 3 battery is suddenly draining within the hour (which I will try to troubleshoot separately - last week it was still lasting for 6 days) - so I am on the hunt for my next FitBit device (been wearing one variety or another for the last 9 years - so I am a little freaked out with out it on my wrist at the moment :-)). I am leaning towards the Sense, but this seemingly small feature (countdown clock) is actually the only thing stopping me from purchasing the Sense right now. I am going to try to revive my Charge 3 - but I would love to upgrade to the Sense! 

AlecGo
Jogger
Yup, I don’t know why the original timer feature was removed. Any who... I was informed that another timer feature will come up in the upcoming sense software release ( no release date as of today 10/19/2020 )

Get Outlook for iOS
MindLikeWater__
First Steps

Got my Versa 3 today and was very disappointed to find the Timer app being even worse than on my previous Versa 1. There I could at least "save" one timer for frequent use. Interestingly, the description for the Timer app shows a picture with a timer labeled as "Bread". This gives the impression that custom saved timers would be possible. Hopefully this gets patched soon.

Bytecrawler
Jogger

Strongly agree with all the others commenters. I've just moved to the Fitbit Sense from another brand where you can easily save timers and this is a real shortcoming. The odd thing is that it looks like it was intended for the watch to have multiple saved timers. When you start a timer, the message is "Add Timer" and when running the timer you can see a label at the top that says  "Timer 1" followed by the time setting. Why call it Timer 1 when you can only have one timer and why "Add" instead of "Start" or "Run"? Sounds to me like you're already at least halfway to having multiple saved timers...

CBV2
Tempo Runner

Good points Bytecrawler👍

MurphyYas
First Steps

Got my sense tonight and am so pumped but.... the timer. Big miss guys. Looks like it was a feature that got bumped for whatever else higher in priority and it’s a huge miss for a fitness tracker. Please bump this up your list as soon as humanly possible. 

I agree with another commenter - the feature does look like it’s suppose to work as we expect it to (be a saved timer) because it’s labeled that way but ... ouch! Please help a user out!

thank you so much!

EmperorJJ1
Jogger

CBV2 Strider hit the nail on the head. Would never use a timer of 0:00

KP6317
First Steps

Yes! I was disappointed to find this shortcoming on the Versa 3 as well. This was something the original Versa was capable of, and the settings/wording make it seem like it's set up this way, but there's currently no way to save a timer for repeat use.

SharyS
Recovery Runner

I just "upgraded" from Versa to Versa 3 and find the timer a real downgrade. The Versa not only saved my timer, I could position it so the lower right hard button gave me instant access. I use this function every day.

kmgl
First Steps

When I purchased the Sense I thought I was upgrading from the Versa. I use the timer daily and if I had known the Sense did not support the ability to keep the previous timer set, I would have passed on the purchase.

CBV2
Tempo Runner

Just a reminder to all contributors to this thread: you need to have voted for it - see the icon at the beginning of the thread if you have not noticed😀

kmgl
First Steps

I have clicked on the vote icon and my vote doesn't appear.

Bytecrawler
Jogger

The more I look at this, the more trivial this fix seems. The problem is that the Sense doesn't remember a timer if it isn't running or paused. If the developers just made sure the timer isn't deleted when it isn't running, then it would be remembered along with its initial start time. The app already includes a delete button for the timer so you can easily get rid of a timer you no longer need. This is looking more and more like a bug rather than part of the intended design. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it looks like the watch was intended to remember the timers (why would you need a delete button if the timer is forgotten when it finishes and you exit the app?).

Lady_deVetten
First Steps

This was a function that I used A LOT with my previous Fitbit. Not only is it super handy for crossfit, but I use it for my kids’ “cry clock” when I put them down for naps/bed. I used this function 5 times per day minimum and it should be a relatively easy fix. It seems silly that your most expensive product would have less features than others - especially with something so basic....

Karidee
Recovery Runner

People have been requesting this fix for almost half a year. I'm adding my voice to the chorus. We really need to be able to save our timers so we can quickly reuse them. This seems like an easy programming update.

I use multiple timers all time. I am very surprised that the timer app has not been fixed yet. It's not like a firmware update, just an app update that can be completed with a sync. 

CheriePie
Recovery Runner

Add my vote for this much needed feature. I use a 20 minute countdown timer daily and having to start from scratch every day is pretty inefficient. (Fitbit Sense)

Eskyus
First Steps

Same issue with Versa 3. I preferred how the app was set for Versa 2, saving the last countdown for the next time. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.