Search for Activity Groups

Since the Activity Group page was reworked the search feature is gone. You only can narrow down the groups by selecting the first and second letter of the group name. Then you have to display 20 more groups again and again. 

This makes it almost impossible to find interesting groups with a name containing e.g. London. I can narrrow down the list to groups starting with Lo but how about a group named "Running London"?   

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity and labels

60 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @APrati, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to search for activity or city to find Community groups . This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I used to belong to a couple niche groups involving kidney transplant recipients. Now I can't find these groups. I can't search for them any longer. I can't search for similar groups. All I can do is join generic groups (walk at work, meditation etc etc). Please add the ability to search public groups based off interest etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to search for groups on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Mom3x2000
Jogger
Please add a search bar in Groups so users can easily find a specific group.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mom3x2000 , thanks for explaining why you would like to have a search too for Activity Groups. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

willbutler34
First Steps
Just adding a simple search tool to be able to locate groups on the mobile app would be awesome. It would allow people to easily find groups they want to be in rather than the default ones listed on the page in app.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @willbutler34thanks for sharing your suggestion about the possibility of adding a search tool  to be able to locate groups on the mobile app. I noticed this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post hereThis helps to keep the forums more organized and prevent the vote from splitting into multiple ideas. 

Thank you for your participation in the Community! 

Spartacus45
First Steps

This request for searchable groups is now over 5 years old and has 105 likes. I'm guessing this is a much more popular request than these numbers show because few people will go so far as to track down the suggestion and up vote it. 

DogFit
First Steps
On the app, when you go to Community, you should be able to click on Groups on the top then instead of Create Group it should be "Search for group". There are tons of other groups, especially more local groups that you should be able to join.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DogFit, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the to use a 'Search' option for Activity Groups. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.