Search for Activity Groups

Since the Activity Group page was reworked the search feature is gone. You only can narrow down the groups by selecting the first and second letter of the group name. Then you have to display 20 more groups again and again. 

This makes it almost impossible to find interesting groups with a name containing e.g. London. I can narrrow down the list to groups starting with Lo but how about a group named "Running London"?   

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity and labels

60 Comments
Workout555
First Steps

Being able to quickly search the groups out there. Additionally, the groups need cleaned out some are outdated and never used. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 🙂

Evilferret
Jogger

Definitely needed.  Groups are great for fostering a sense of community, but the UI for actually locating public groups is super-unfriendly to users which leads to a lot of people not wanting to use the groups at all.  

There's hundreds of groups with 1-2 members in them and no way to find keywords.  Finding my city would probably take 20-30 minutes of scrolling.  If I could just type a keyword from the group title, and have the results sorted by group size, this would be way easier.

Evilferret
Jogger

Agreed.  I didn't see the old UI, but it feels next to impossible to find a group.  My city is "Thunder Bay" - I need to scroll through several hundred (Thousand?) records that start with "The" in order to find my city.  I still haven't done it because it would take too long.

I would love to join some groups, but the UI is extremely unfriendly to users looking to find a group containing a specific keyword.

Mrs_Allen
Jogger

Agreed. I'm in Las Vegas and it makes it complicated and aggrevating. Please fix.

Kimboroni
Walker

Yes, I really miss the old UI. While this new one is fine (albeit a bit awkward and time consuming), it is only useful if you know the exact name of the group.

What if I want to join a boot group? Or a breast cancer group? The old search by key word was very helpful for that.

Please bring back the key word search feature as an additional method.

Wish I could search for groups NEAR me... Type in a zip code? 
Or even type in a name or word... looking under "Th" doesn't help.  Everyone likes to begin their group "The......"  My city begins with those letters so not at all useful. 

Please fix the search field to be a blank box and let users type in what they are seeking.

thank you!

mickey70lee
Keeping Pace

Agree with above comments. I just spent 45 minutes searching the activity groups with NO success finding anything I wanted. Please add the key word search back. 

khane
Jogger

The current searching system is time consuming.  it takes too long to get to the group I'm looking for.  I like the old one where you can type in partial name. Please bring back the search bar. Thanks.

khane
Jogger

I share my frustration.

justderb
Jogger

Feel free to use relliker.com while they work on this feature!

Theresaoq
First Steps

Agree!!! Need a search bar for groups and delete any groups that have had no activity for over a year (or something like that).

CecilieK
First Steps

Agree! It's impossible to find relevant groups the way it's set up now.

Surferlz
First Steps

this is needed. Otherwise the activity group feature is mostly useless.

Susje
Recovery Runner

I am new to this and I am already dissapointed by the fact I cannot find a way to find others in my country who uses Fitbit.

Nor that I am able to find friends who using it. Maybe there is something, but as said, I am new and cant find anything. This is not an userfriendly UI at all. 

Seems also to me that this community group feature is a bit... off. A-Z .... Whats up with that?

Again, not userfriendly, not easy to see if there is an feature or not ... But I cant see in what groups I am in even. I have to remember myself. Which is bad, my memory is worse then the one of an goldfish ...

Right now I feel I am in groups I do not belong to, but where there only ones that seem to .. be ok. 

All in all, the UI really needs an overhaul.

CecilieK
First Steps

It must be said that this thread has been open for almost a year, and there are also other threads complaining about the same issue. All in all, it's fair to conclude that the Fitbit-developers don't really care about it's users connecting with each other. 

ebony_leigh
Jogger

I agree with CecilieK - this is so disappointing I'm relatively new and yet syncing problems with blaze and this seems like they're half arsing what could potentially be a great product. They must be able to do something - seriously - its not hard surely!!! 

relliker.com this website is a great and easy way to find relevant groups - Thank goodness for the guy that created it! 

MAK2016
First Steps

I echo the comments above. Fitbit if you really care about your customers experience, please make it easier for them to use your product and stay with it and create a more user friendly search feature. thank you..

ToS69
Recovery Runner

It´s the worst thing of usebility I´ve seen for a verly long time

dmrauch
Recovery Runner

I would like to find a group, out of the bazillion groups, that is actually active.   I find an interesting sounding group, but when I look at it, the last post was 68 weeks ago, 109 weeks ago.  Not active.

Please get rid of the groups without a post in 6 months and then create a search engine to go through the rest.

DannyT_79
First Steps

+1 Smiley Wink

Would be much better to be able to search for keywords instead of searching alphabetically   - as Justin posted above:

https://relliker.com

makes is possible to search meanwhile - CUDOS to Justin for this masterpiece!

Saludos from Austria!

gemma.kray
First Steps

Would much prefer to search groups with key words! 

smallgreyfox
Jogger

Please add a search feature to the group. I don't know any group names and am unlikely to be able to find one using the alphabetical system offered currently. A search using keywords would be so much better. 

kyrstin326
Jogger

It's been so irritating that there's no search function.  It's really been putting a damper on using the website at all.  Love my Fitbit, hate the groups part of the community because of this. 

HeidiBoll
First Steps

I want to be able to search for groups in multiple ways by using various search words such as chronic pain and it will search the description as well as the group name. It is extremely frustrating that the app doesn’t even have the option to search by first letters! My community suggestions are so outlandishly irrelevant to me with Hiking & Running etc. I wish I could just shut off the stupid community section if FitBit isn’t going to do anything to actually support the program with anything but  archaic programming!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.