Section to manually log an track glucose levels

Please bring a section on the Dashboard where the user can log and monitor blood pressure readings.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

547 Comments
tt2much
First Steps

I would like to add my mame to list of requests to add blood sugar monitoring field.  I am using ounces of water field to record one reading a day.  This is a work around and eliminates the ability to monitor water intake  but Im sure diabetics can appreciate the prioroty of blood surgar records over water intake

anneco
First Steps

Please bring back the ability to log BP

KCurie
Jogger
That would be great!
rmcolerm
Jogger

This is exactly what I was looking for too. I just paid for the premium version and thought it would have more dashboard options but nope... just compiles reports (not what I needed). I would love to be able to track my BP on my dashboard as well.

rmcolerm
Jogger

I just paid for the premium service and I had thought I might get more dashboard options but not really. I log into the dashboard everyday and it's a great motivational site to keep me on track. I would love to see a place where I can input my morning blood pressure (and sugar reading for those that do that daily) and maybe a spot for a to do list where I could put in 1 or 2 daily things I want to check off that I have done (like morning 30 minute walk and evening 30 minute walk). Things that help to make me accountable for using my fitbit to help me get healthier. 

stfm
Jogger

That would be great!

K4rgs
Jogger
I think it would be an easy fix and a nice addition to the dashboard.
Having the opportunity to monitor your daily BP and a graph similar to the
weight graph would be great.
The next step would be a Fitbit Wifi BP cuff. Perfect!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree. I just got the Fitbit Charge 2 and I can't believe there is no option to manually record Blood Pressure. Almost all other fitness tracking apps have tiles to record it and was suprised the Fitbit app did not. And I'm even more suprised to see that people have been asking for this feature since 2015 and there has been no forward movement on it.

K4rgs
Jogger
Yes, lots of people have been asking for a blood pressure tile and a graph
similar to the weight graph to enable us 'older' folks to keep a record of
our daily BP.
How do we get the app developers to include this function?
Noneof
First Steps

Far better would be for it to interface with monitors or other apps dedicated to a person's monitor.  I know it may be complicated due to the number of devices available, but being able to use the FitBit app alone would certainly help drive uptake on these devices!

I really can't get my head around why the food tracker doesn't include sugar / carbs since that information is already available via the ingredients of most items in the database.  I understand there is a limit on how many items can be listed, but this is every bit as important as any other items already listed for a very large portion of the population, whether they are currently diabetic or not.

Dimaska
First Steps

Hey Fitbit you should add a text area to the app so people like me can log their blood sugar in it.

AtozNYC
Jogger

Yes please! Ability to set up new categories, with daily goals for each calendar day, and track against that - please!

Hopebox1982
First Steps

Please bring back the blood pressure and Glucose tabs. One of the reason why I have bought FIVE of your products is because of how well you can track your health. I came back and saw that the blood pressure option was not available. Smiley Sad I use to use it to give to my doctor to show him what is going on during a month. Of course we could still keep it externally but I loved the convenience of having in on fitbit. Having one resource instead of the complexity of several resources. 

swvienna
First Steps

ability to import from blood pressure monitor apps would be nice

swvienna
First Steps

Since some BP monitors do not have cloud based systems it would be useful if import of csv files could also be supported

mscatz_9
Strider

Yes, I would love to see blood pressure come back.

TomFromTexas
Recovery Runner

Back on 4/23/2915 and actually before that, I was hoping this forum would be able to influence Fitbit of the need to add blood pressure and pulse back to the fitbit program. It has not happened to date. I have adapted and accepted that it won't be something that happens soon, if at all. Just out of curiosity, I checked to see if that bp data that I'd entered way back when, was still available, but just got a oops not available error.

I truly wish this information, along with pulse and diabetic readings could be part of Fitbit. I allow my information to go to a cardiovascular research foundation and it just seems terrible that they won't have this information to help with their research.

Vswindell
Base Runner

About 1 of 3 U.S. adults—or about 75 million people—have high blood pressure.
The early version of the Fitbit App and and Dashboard used to allow users to track their blood pressure..and then this option was taken away.  People have asked for this feature to be added back. But fitbit as declined. Which begs to ask..what is the purpose of this board.  If lots of users want a feature that is just as useful to their health, and just as meaningful..they why not add it instead of blowing them off and just telling them no.
You asked us what we wanted..it's not one or two people...and you are telling us know.  Which tells us... you really don't want to know what we want or just care.  This feature would be no more difficult to add than all the other options that are in the dashboard to track weight, food, etc.

If you don't want to act on the things that matter to your customers...then remove this part of the community..because obviously it's not about what the customer wants, it's about what fit bit wants.

Keiscokr
First Steps

Please bring blood pressure monitoring back. 

SDB2017
Jogger

Logging blood pressure information is important to many of us,  This is a simple panel to adapt and add.  I don't understand the delay in making this available.

K4rgs
Jogger
I don't either!
pdqsport
Recovery Runner

It is not a delay.  FitBit had this functionality and chose to delete it.  The link below was originally given by one of the moderators to "explain" why this functionality was removed.  I happen to believe that dropping the BP tracking was a critical fail by the company considering that nearly every single post about it involves users crying out for this functionality.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Old-manual-logging-pages-will-be-retired-on-8-3...

TarynG
Jogger

I love the fact that Samsung health has the option to log and track your blood pressure, blood sugar, body measurements, and other things. and that you can find devices (BP cuff, Glucometer, body tape measure) that will automatically sync with the app and save your readings. I wish Fitbit would implement this.

Costeño
Base Runner

My MSG dated 04-23-2017 about Precision charge HR. Sorry for the referenced MSG, last week I realized that on the sleeping pattern it was possible to read the hours scanning whith the mouse the same pattern. I apologize and thank you very much.

Now I have another request about the blood pressure. When I bought my first Fitbit Equipment in 2014, it was the Fitbit Flex and it was possible to record the blood pressure and so have a blood pressure pattern. Over a period of time you cancelled this possibilty, do you think one day you will reactivate those data processing? I think that blood pressure is  a very important aspect

Thank you again.

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity

homelyn
Jogger

ey guys

I am a newbie to Fitbit, I log my BP and pulse using the Health wrist device and the data is then sent to health app in Apple, why can we not see this in the Fitbit dashboard, it would be ever so helpful to have it all in one place.

So i vote for the return of the BP and pulse tab for inclusion on the dashboard please.

ps it looks like this is a longstanding request (over 2 years) so hopefully someone is still listening out there in Fitbit land.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.