Send gentle vibrations to my partner o group of people by tapping my Fitbit (to show appreciation)

I would like to have a feature that would allow me to tap my Fitbit device and that would make someone else’s device vibrate. It can be one specific person or a group of people who also opt in this service.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

3 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pisu, thanks for sharing this suggestion. I'd like to have more details about this request since your Fitbit device can send notifications from your nearby phone to keep you informed, including calls, texts, meeting alerts, and app updates. You can read more about it here. If you want something different please add more details about it.

See you around.

Pisu
First Steps

Hi Yojana,

Thank you for replying, yes you are right about the notifications pushed from other apps like text messages or the alarms/ reminders I can set up but this is different.

What I imagine is that I can customize a vibration pattern to send to my wife whenever I want.
Something different than sending a message that the other person will have to read to understand who it is from. It’s a very personal and intimate way of communicating. For example I would squeeze my device three times (or something similar, so I don’t have to open another app to send message or navigate any menus on the device) and her device would vibrate three times or vibrate for 5 second and she would know exactly in that moment that it is me thinking about her. Obviously this can be extended to friends, partners. Etc. it’s different than the currently available features.

You know this product? https://uk.bond-touch.com/products/bond-touch-pair-of-bracelets?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3qG8163j9wIVc4BQBh...
Something like that.
Thank you.
Ovidiu.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pisu, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to send gentle vibrations to my partner o group of people by tapping your Fitbit to show appreciation. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.