Show laps and other data during swim on Charge 4

Please show laps (or options for other data) WHILE swimming on Charge 4. You capture the data anyway, why not show it to me when I need it?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

102 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Maelstrom3266. Thanks for sharing your suggestion about being able to see your laps on your Charge 4 when swimming. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

BB1331
Recovery Runner

O have exactly the same frustration.  It shows calories in the top if calories are your main goal why not show laps or distance  if you set that as your main goal. I have also posted the same question on this forum. Wish I found yours first

Also trying to communicate this to fitbit help on chat was painful.

BB1331
Recovery Runner
To show a lapcount on my wrist whilst I am swimming as sometimes I loose count.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @BB1331. Thanks for taking the time to explain this suggestion about being able to see your laps and other stats on your Charge 4 when swimming. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Courtenay83
First Steps

Seeing laps as we go swimming in the pool is the main reason I bought the fitness tracker, only to realise this isn't included. Extremely frustrating. 

BB1331
Recovery Runner
I know . Such a basic function missing from the New Swimming Watch!
CarolineEm
Jogger

Yes please!  Swim laps whilst swimming is the most obvious, No 1 priority for pool swimmers and a main reason why I bought the Charge 4 as just assumed it would do this.  Always really disappointed that other swimmers around me can see real-time how many laps done on their devices whilst I'm still having to (lose) count!  Come on guys - give us an update soon 🙂

Elissa7
Jogger

This would be a great feature. To be able to see laps while swimming. Since Fitbit is capturing the info, why can’t we see it as we swim?

walidbr2008
First Steps

This missing feature makes the charge 4 kinda pointless for swimming .. 
One of the reasons I got a Garmin to track my swimming ..

AdisP
Base Runner
Is it possible to have more data available on the Charge 4 during swimming? The only thing I see is the swim duration which is totally unacceptable. Even on my previous Xiaomi Mi Band 4 (which costed 3 times less) I had a lot of data. Here - NONE!
Status changed to: Needs More Info
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AdisP , thank you for taking the time for your suggestion. In order to verify it could you be a bit more specific on the data you want to see of your swimming activities?

I'll be expecting your reply

AdisP
Base Runner

Hi @JuanFitbit. Thank you for your reply. I swim 3-4 times a week and I have purchased FitBit Charge 4 mainly with the purpose for tracking my swimming. During swimming, when I activate swim mode, the only thing I see on my band is the duration of my swimming. It is essential for me to at least see the total length that I have swim. Otherwise I have to count the number of laps and calculate total length which I have swim, which is very annoying. Ok, I have that data on my mobile app but it is really really essential for me to see it during swimming. I usually swim 1 kilometer per session and I need to know my pace i.e. compare the time and cureent length. Even my 30$ Mi Band 4 has shown that data (and a lot more). Unfortunately it was inaccurate so replaced it with Charge 4. Now I only see the current time and duration of my swim. If I wanted to only see that I would have simply bought a waterproof digital watch with a stopwatch. Please include this option into next update since it is essential for any swim enthusiast.

Thank you.

Adis 

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AdisP , thank you for your reply and feedback. As the idea already exists, I moved your here. Please don't forget to leave your Kudos for it 

AdisP
Base Runner

Hi, @JuanFitbit. Thank you for moving my posts into this thread. I can see that a lot of other swimmers have already complained about this issue, even almost six months ago. Can you please tell me if this problem will ever be solved? Are there any plans for future firmware update which will solve it? As I said it has been close to six months since this issue has been raised and unfortunately there is still no fix. I don't know if you tried swimming with the Charge 4 but now knowing the lap/total distance count during swimming is very frustrating. You basically do not know your pace which is crucial even for amateur swimmers. The Charge 4 is advertised as "advanced fitness tracker" (that is even written on the box) and knowing that it does't even show basic data during swimming is very disappointing.

This is my first FitBit device (switching from Xiaomi Mi Band 4) and I really hope that this issue will be fixed soon. Otherwise it will definitely be my last. 

Courtenay83
First Steps
I completely agree. I will upgrade to another brand soon unless there is an
upgrade and sell mine on - not worth the money I paid.
AdisP
Base Runner

Dear @JuanFitbit, we are all expecting your reply regarding the aforementioned problem.

BobandShelly
First Steps

I bought the Charge 4 as a Christmas present for my wife, who immediately asked if she could track laps while in the pool - OOPS!  I wish I had seen this site before ordering - if there is no fix I guess it will be coming back.  Please let us know as soon as possible.

AdisP
Base Runner

@BobandShellywho would have thought that fourth generation of the Charge 4 wouldn't show most basic data such as lap tracking. I also hope that there will be a fix as soon as possible.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everybody. Thank you for your comments and feedback. 

As you all may notice, the situation is not a problem from the development. This thread is to leave ideas and provide feedback to/for features you all have posted and suggested. 

Fitbit really appreciates your ideas .  To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

BB1331
Recovery Runner
Sorry this is a problem, lots of people have said its a problem and some
will be returning product.

When will you get it , we want this and you need to fix it!
AdisP
Base Runner

Hi @JuanFitbit. Thank you for reply. As you can see this is a really urgent matter for every swimmer. We are all expecting this feature as soon as possible and I am glad to her that this will not be a problem for development. The data is already collected, it only needs to be shown on our band.

Jellegel
Jogger

I bought a Charge 4 especially for swimming... Like everyone said: we don't want the time while swimming (we can see that on the clock in the pool). Please make it happen so we can see the laps we did! 

The Ionic has this feature and it's very good. 

AdisP
Base Runner

Hi @Jellegel, you are completely right. App aside, current level of swim data shown on the Charge 4 is equal to any waterproof watch. I just hope that they understand how bad FitBit looks to every swimmer owning the band and that the will fix the problem soon.

Edin88
Jogger

I bought Charge 4 just to find out that it doesn't show number of laps during swimming! A 119$ costed band, which doesn't even show laps. is a big big disgrace for FitBit. Fix it please.

AdisP
Base Runner

Hi @JuanFitbit, do you have more information regarding solving this problem? Please compare Charge 4 with the bands from other manufacturers and you will see how much more data is shown on them. I do not want to advertise any of them but with regard to swimming you are far behind the competition. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.