Start week on Monday on Android App

So sorry, USA, but you are the only ones who start the week on Sunday. For the rest of the world, we would really appreciate if we can change the settings on our Android app for the week to start on the first day of the week, namely Monday. I know you can do it on the dashboard, but I'd like to start the week on Mondays, also on the app, as this is my primary go-to place to check stats. 

Thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

300 Comments
rem810926
Runner
The one emailed to me.

Rachel Malseed
BigJoe309
Stepping Up

Yes the progress report that they email is from Mon-Sun and it usually arrives around Tuesday. App still Sun-Sat 

Reedaw
First Steps
How random that mine is thursday to wednesday. I've double checked the dates. I dont know how to post a screen shot to here but it's definitely thurs to weds
JustDucky62
Recovery Runner

Found a workaround. 

Go to Settings > Language and change your device's default language to English (United Kingdom) instead of United States. I rebooted my phone after (I don't know if it's necessary to do that) and check it, my weeks now run Monday through Sunday: 

DroidStartMonday.png

This does makes the date display by "Day-Month" instead of "Month-Day" inside this app and all over the phone, but I can live with that if it makes the fitbit apps match up across devices. Also, spell-check in messaging and other apps you type in will want you to add the letter U to certain words...but again, it's ignoreable. 

My phone is a Droid Turbo, but I'd think this would work on any android device. 

(So many zeros... My Blaze died on May 29 and I am awaiting the arrival of the replacement. 🙂 )

Hope this is helpful to others. 

BigJoe309
Stepping Up
JustDucky62 says: "Found a workaround. "

Marvelous! Works on an ASUS Zenfone 2 as well. 

Oi Fitbit!  Give Ducky a job 🙂 
LionLady
Runner

Darn it! My phone only has 5 language options: English, Espaniol,Tieng Viet, Korean(?) and Chinese(?).

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5 that's a year and a half old. It just went through a big operating system update, but addtional languages weren't part of  that. Oh, well. Maybe when I upgrade my phone...

cebw
First Steps
Thanks for the tip, which worked on my Droid Turbo for about 2 seconds (yay!) before Then pushing Sunday up with Monday (boo). Restarting the device didn't cement the change. Whenever I look at a week view it initially appears starting the week on Monday and then throws Sunday up there. The OS is Android 5.1. I was so excited but my phone isn't complying with this hot tip.
JustDucky62
Recovery Runner

Dang... 

My Droid Turbo is also v5.1 OS, and my app detail pages are holding steady with Monday as the first day of the week. However, my replacement Blaze does not arrive until Thursday so I have not had anything to sync since changing the language. I hope it doesn't start changing the days when I do sync a device.  I will see what happens and report back. 

JustDucky62
Recovery Runner

Just to report back, I got my replacement tracker on Wednesday (6/8), and syncing does not change the weeks back to a Sunday start day. I was even able to leave the device default language set to English (UK) and change the default keyboard back to English (US). So when typing the spell-check doesn't want to do things like "favour" and "colour", but in the Fitbit app my weeks run Monday-Sunday. 

Tao75
Tempo Runner

Another app update v.2.27, still got problem to use Monday as the first day of the week. And they still have something mixed up with the dates. How hard could it be to sort this out? sketch-1465936744221.jpg

rem810926
Runner

I actually switched to an iPhone and love it. I am quite happy that my week starts on Monday now so everything switches up. However, I still think it should be done for Android users too.

mina
First Steps

I second all the above. Let us choose the start of the week in the Android app (even though it is obviously Monday!). And it does seem odd that it doesn't match up to the weekly progress email.

U5tabil
First Steps
So Americans start working on Sundays.... We start on Monday. Please fix
Btvetene
First Steps
Vote, vote, vote!
svogt302
Recovery Runner
Does Fitbit ever respond?
cebw
First Steps
No, Fitbit has not responded for the entire time I have been a member of this forum, which has been for so long I can't remember my join date. They directed me here and that has been it.
svogt302
Recovery Runner
Sad.....
I guess this is just a 'user forum' & not for support.
I know it's monitored because some posts have been deleted
cimmino
First Steps

On my android phone, for the FitBit app, the week does indeed start on Monday. It's been so since a few months now. I can not change the day, but in synchs with the changes I make on the dashboard. So, for me, the problem is fixed.

svogt302
Recovery Runner
Amazing ...... mine is set to Monday but android logs a Sunday start.
Donna84
Jogger
Vote! Please change settings in Android app to start on Monday
svogt302
Recovery Runner
+1
Fitbit, are you listening?
cjaya
First Steps

Change the start day of the week to Monday .. 

@ Fitbit, Please respond and solve this problem.

Jack1978
First Steps
Let's make it happen!

Sent from my iPad
jack-d
Jogger
It has been over a year and still no reply. Surely it is not that difficult Fitbit!
svogt302
Recovery Runner
I guess Fitbit obviously doesn't care.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.