Stop Wallet setup notifications

I do not wish to use Fitbit Wallet and I do not plan to. I keep receiving notifications to set it up. I need an option to stop or opt out of these notifications.
119 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @wittyW, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion to stop receiving Wallet setup notifications. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Sperit
First Steps
I have never used any phone or portable device to purchase anything within a store. I would like to see a feature of removing or disabling the wallet on any of the watches that support the wallet. The notifications should be able to be disabled also. Every ten minutes my watch notifies that I need to setup my wallet.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sperit, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to stop Wallet setup notifications. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

wittyW
First Steps
Thank you for reviewing this! I received 5-6 notifications today it is driving me mad.
Voil76
First Steps

Now I hate Fitbit pay even more than I did 30 seconds ago. Help told me to vote for a suggestion I like and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to vote. So, here is my vote to get rid of the incessant wallet setup notifications that make me also question if I like the Fitbit at all!

Dukeboy
Jogger

This is driving me crazy as well. Only had this Fitbit for a couple days and thinking about returning. Fitbit only supports a handful of banks none of which I use (RBC MasterCard was the only one I recognized). I was just going to add one to stop these incessant notifications. Between this and the ECG app not approved yet not sure why FitBit rolled the Sense out in Canada...

wittyW
First Steps

I’ve since stopped using the Versa. I’m hoping that this will be rolled out soon so I can get back to using it.

cathyrixie
Jogger

This feature is going to cause me to return this watch if they don't fix it soon.  I get at least a dozen reminders a day to set up wallet.  I will never use this feature.  

warrennj
First Steps

This is an unbelievable badly implemented feature - I'm now in developer hell...my bank isn't on the (incredibly short) list of UK supported banks and I can't stop the wallet setup notifications incessantly asking me to setup wallet...AND there seems to be no way to clear the alert on screen except by pressing the button to shut off the screen...I can't swipe it or tap it...?

So to see the time on my watch...I have to press the power button once to clear the wallet reminder/alert and get to the home screen if I'm lucky or twice if I manage to turn it off on the first press...really unhelpful... ;(

I'm sure there's some benefit to FitBit in setting up FitBit Pay, but for those of us who can't or don't want to, please think about the user experience...SURELY fixing this wouldn't take more than a few minutes of developer edit...?

Gorsey
First Steps

Please, please, please, allow this feature to be disabled. 
The constant reminders for a feature that’s not yet particularly suitable for the UK are BEYOND IRRITATING! 

mannec
Recovery Runner

Not only does the setup wallet page keep popping up on my screen, there is no way to get rid of it so I can’t even use my Fitbit. This is on my sense. I do not use the wallet and never will. My financial institution isn’t even available For Fitbit. Please delete this app from my Fitbit. Thank you. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

For the love of everything holy, stop with these update wallet requests.  Even Apple isn’t as incessant with requests to use a service!

bxjpack
First Steps

I exercise a lot.  When I look at my fitbit I want to see my heartrate and my step count, not a set up my wallet notification!!!!!!!!!  My next fitness watch will definitely NOT be a Fitbit.

LucyGracious
First Steps

Totally agree with this post. It's infuriating seeing this notification so often and when I'm trying to see something else. Please give us the option to get rid of it. 

BabyBunny
Jogger

Do you know that not everyone uses WALLET? I and many other customers do not. And, it is a poor business practice to not deal with customers but simply suggest they post their comments here. Apparently, Fitbit is pushing this Apple-owned app for a reason. Just received my VERSA 3 this afternoon and this watch may be returned if I cannot get WALLET removed.

FBBarn
Jogger

I too, have had enough of this useless message. I DO NOT wish to use wallet, and NEVER will, so unless this message is removed in next couple of weeks, Fitbit is gone!

Previously had an Ionic, which was much better, except for it's longevity. Failed after 2 years, but would have replaced it with another, had they not been discontinued.

My Versa 3 is less than 3 months old.... at this stage I am looking for a replacement. Garmin perhaps?

Have 2 family members with these, and they have no such useless messages continually appearing on the screen!

Fitbit - you need to look at posts on this subject - I suspect this is only a very small percentage of Fitbit users like myself looking for an alternitive!

cathyrixie
Jogger

Agreed!! My best friend has Versa 2 and she does not get them!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

mdb3491
Jogger

I do not ues the wallet on my Versa 3, but continue to get reminders to set it up. I would like to remove it. How?

rolfgehrung
First Steps

Yeah, the wallet prompts suck. Ditch them

JoFo40
First Steps

I'm experiencing this issue also, wrist rotation function is unusable. 

Abigor
First Steps

Stop these wallet set up requests please

Megaroon
Jogger

I really hope they get rid of these notifications soon. They are super annoying and my only complaint about this watch. 

MB2021
First Steps

I also do not wish to use Fitbit Wallet and I do not plan to. I keep receiving notifications to set it up, which is really annoying. I really need an option to stop or opt out of these notifications, please. I hope developers can be sensible as this feature is upsetting many user as we can see through this forum. 

gateswood
Hill Runner

I want to remove the wallet. I need this feature on my fitbit like a fish needs a bicycle.

JTrav24
First Steps

I'm just trying to workout and view my heartrate.  Over the course of a 30 minute cycle session, I was asked twelve times to set up my wallet.  I will NEVER use this feature, and it is abhorrent that I cannot remove or disable it.  God forbid I want to know what time it is!  I have to look at my Sense, press the home button, wait for the wallet notification *which WILL be there* to disappear, then wait for my information to display.  Most of your customers will not be vocal about this issue, because posting on forums is also a pain. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.