Sync Weight Watchers Data and Calories to Fitbit

Weight watchers app pulls info re activity from fitbit app but not vice versa.  I would love for the fitbit app to pull info from my nutrional info from my weight watchers app to incorporate a more well rounded view of my health/nutrition/activity on the fitbit dashboard.

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

88 Comments
Flippy1950
Stepping Up
Agree. Syncing food plus activities with FitBit would be incredible!
kate07
Jogger

Agree, this is clearly needed and I hop that fitbit will listen to the voice of the customers the soonest !!!

Hlth2u
Jogger

I agree!  I just received the Fitbit Surge for Christmas and would Love, Love, Love it if my food entered in WW could be exported to my Fitbit app!

81mg
First Steps

This is such a necessary feature as nobody has the time to enter in information twice!

JJF3174
First Steps

Many people on Weight Watchers track their food intake in points rather than calories. Two setup options would be helpful here:

1: Change calories to points

2: Set a daily goal using the points schedule

A third but longer term feature could be to add Weight Watcher Smart Points with the barcode reader.

Moderator edit: Labels

sparker_50
First Steps

I would like to see the option to use Weight Watcher smart points for tracking food intake instead of calories.  Is there some way of doing this?

texkev
First Steps

Please consider adding this feature in the near future.  The ability to see a holistic view on the fitbit dashboard of their calories in vs calories out using the information they logged in their weight watchers etool would be an invaluable benefit to your MANY fitbit customers who are also Weight Watchers customers.  When I look at the app links in fitbit settings for weight watchers it says that it is a read/write link but I only see info that goes one way... activity converted to Fit points posted in Weight Watchers etools.  Let's get the information sharing bi-directional and have fitbit read in the calorie information from our smartpoints logged in Weight Watchers etools.  I would think your marketing department would see this as a great feature to add for them to promote your product to the hundreds of thousands of Weight Watchers users!

Jtobison
First Steps

Improve the integration with Weight Watchers so that calories eaten is transferred from WW to Fitbit.

Moderator edit: Labels

Timberdoodle
Jogger
I love how it merges my steps with weight watchers. But why can't you have the fitbit take info from weight watchers? We already track our food and weight, why can't it take that info from weight watchers so we don't have to enter it twice?
smpittman
Jogger
This would be super helpful! Right now, I am logging food in both apps (WW and Fitbit) so if food logging in Fitbit could automatically convert to WW points and update the WW app, that would be fabulous!
Jtobison
First Steps
From what I understand, there is not a straight conversion from calories to WW Points. WW considers a more complex formula that includes adjustments for the type of food, fiber content, etc. So, if that's true, then I'd like to see the integration recognize that WW is expert at nutrition/weight management and Fitbit is expert at activity tracking. If the integration is on, Fitbit gets and displays WW Points used and Points balance from the WW app, rather than it's own food and calorie tracker. WW app gets activity data from Fitbit and uses that to calculate and display Activity Points. As a user, I use the WW app for food and Fitbit for fitness, but I can see the full picture in either app because of the data transfer.

What do you think of that idea?
subarugirl
Jogger

I agree with everyone's comments above. I love my fitbit one , I have used it for a very long time with Myfittnesspal and now I've gone back to weight watchers , please make the effort to let weight watchers sync it's points/food . I don't have time to enter my food twice. I love seeing my dashboard light up all green saying " you met your goal". I will also leave a comment on weight watchers also. I would like to now the reason why this has not already been done by now. Thank you for your time.  

@marsolillo wrote:

Weight watchers app pulls info re activity from fitbit app but not vice versa.  I would love for the fitbit app to pull info from my nutrional info from my weight watchers app to incorporate a more well rounded view of my health/nutrition/activity on the fitbit dashboard.

Isuzyq1
First Steps
I know that we can track meals currently, but I'm on weight watchers too and find tracking easier with their program. If the two could talk that would be great.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's possible to link the fitbit account with your weight watchers account. @Isuzyq1

Feel free to check out the Fitbit Article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1570

JaaSo
Jogger
I believe all WW tracked foods has an associated calorie count so it should not be that difficult to pick it up in the Fitbit dashboard with the right program.
AuntBubbie
First Steps

It would be so very, very helpful if you would allow the transfer of weight watchers nutritional information into the Fitbit app so we don't have to enter it twice. If you wait too long, WW will beat you to the punch and all those millions of weight watchers will no longer have the need for a Fitbit. Just saying...

@marsolillo wrote:

SSendelbach
First Steps
Yes. I'd like for all the Weight Watchers info to sync. If also like for
Fitbit to tie into Pokémon Go. It wears down my phone battery to have it
on when I walk to count for Pokémon and is duplication since Fitbit already
counts my steps.

Dr. Susan Sendelbach
www.anchorpointga.com
Jodie1169
First Steps
Please please make it possible so I can use both services to their fullest. Weight Watchers sells the devices so should work more closely together.
Dougaldoo
First Steps
I would find seeing my points total on the fitbit really helpful.
Tastousy
First Steps

Want to enter food once and have nutritional info shared between WW and Fitbit.  If fitness Pal can do it then so should WW. Do not have to transfer points,  just food and water and weigh r.  It would be nice to have all info tracked in fitbit for a complete picture. 

tagordon
First Steps

When logging a food in the WW app, all the nutritional info is there, seems like it could be synced with the Fitbit app. Just to keep it all uniform. I'd also like a way to track specific nutritional elements, if possible, as I could never figure out how to sync the WW food log with iHealth either.

Kathy57
First Steps

Just got the Alta fitbit for Christmas.  Would LOVE for my WW points or calories to transfer to fitbit.  Hopefully the engineers are working on this for 2017.

CTH1982
First Steps

I was surprised to discover that the food doesn't track from WW. I'm definitely only tracking once. I'm very glad that the Fit Bit activity shares to WW. Sure hope to see the improvement for WW food tracking to share with Fit Bit.

Zooboo
First Steps

Please pair Weight Watchers with the Fitbit Food portion of the app. I, too, am disappointed the do not sync. I want to be able to see calorie intake vs. spent without logging my food twice.

Sincerely, 

KB

mrsohmart
First Steps

i use weight watches to track my food so i can follow their points plan, but it would be so great to not have to double enter for fitbit calories. i'm not saying fitbit should populate weight watchers, just the other way around! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.