Take/Make phone calls on Versa series

I was wondering if you could add a feature where you can call somebody on the ionic. For instance, if someone is calling me on my phone, I can answer the call on my fit bit, and talk to them from my fit bit. That would be amazing if I could do that, or if you guys want to take it to the next level, you can make a contact list and I could choose somebody that I want to call from the ionic.  (Obviously, since the ionic does not have a Sim card, you would have to be connected to your phone.).  This feature is similar to the Apple Watch. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

96 Comments
hinkjus32
Recovery Runner

I do not believe being able to talk through the Fitbit is going to be possible without Hardware revisions so this request would be directed to the next smartwatch model they come out with.

Daleyd
Recovery Runner

I recently bought a fitbit ionic believing you could answer incoming calls on the tracker I understand that you can't talk via the tracker but if you have an iPhone you are able to answer from the tracker but since I own an android phone this isn't possible only showing who is calling you.  when is fitbit going to have this feature for Android users I'm not the only one complaining on the fitbit forums and it should be mentioned in videos on ionic that this feature doesn't apply to the android platform to some people this is a deal breaker and its not right that buyers assume it works on both android and ios platforms 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Raimonds
First Steps

Please make next watch with sim card, so I can access internet. I don't need to call, just need internet. 

Mordi
Jogger

I had a Pebble Steel before Fitbit Ionic. I loved the feature "Pebble Dialer" which while in move and having my bluetooth speakers connected to my phone, I could initiate a call from my watch, using it as a Bluetooth remote control, without removing my phone from my pocket. I wish I had this feature in Fitbit Ionic.

pmsolomon
Recovery Runner

I have an android. I suggest for the next fitbit smartwatch to have all the features of the Versa plus the ability to answer and make calls from the fitbit smartwatch. Can you please create a fitbit smartwatch that allows android smartphones to answer and make calls via bluetooth? I have a fitbit on one arm and a smartwatch on the other arm. I want one fitbit device that does it ALL.  Thank you!

swim4lifekac
Sprinter

I am also an Android user.  Would love to be able to control phone calls (reject/answer/call) from my Fitbit Versa.

swim4lifekac
Sprinter

As an Android user and a longtime (6 years) Fitbit user, I too would love to see call answer and reject for Android on Fitbit.  My husband uses Apple products and he can answer his phone when it is in the other room from his watch.  The Versa (which I have pre-ordered), is my Android compatabile dream!  If it had the answer (with bluetooth) and the reject functionality, it would be absolutely perfect!

Why don't use bluetooth headphones with mic to make calls via phone or wifi. Maybe dedicated app and even we could replay through Versa or Ionic. That would be a game changer. 

Catgirl9
First Steps

I'm a former Pebble user and current Blaze user.   I've been happy with Blaze except for the lack of answer/reject functionality that I had with Pebble.

I am interested in upgrading to Versa, but only if it comes with an answer/reject call option. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would like to accept reject calls android and answer texts quick reply and download google play music 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Being able to reject calls from the Versa on Android seems like a no-brainer. I was surprised that feature doesn't work when I got the device. I still have a week to return it, so I have to decide if it's a deal breaker and go back to my Pebble.

Allisoncj
First Steps

Versa app to accept calls and return texts.

Bb-Mitch
Recovery Runner

The marketing doesn't make it clear that the features are not universal. For years I've been able to answer and reject calls on my pebble and my $35 Garmin. Kind of disappointing. I thought the versa would be able to control music if not sync it. My garmin also controlled my google play etc without any extra setup. Fitbit should clearly state these features are not available (yet?) And if /when they will be. Otherwise I have to have the Garmin too?!? Swimming performance better be awesome or the Versa may be going back. 😞

Jamer78
First Steps

I would love to be able to answer/make calls from my Fitbit!  I have thought about buying a smart watch, but have been holding off, hoping Fitbit would put one out .

ChloeTing
First Steps

Very disappointed that is unable to answer/reject call from Versa in Android. In ads, it is one of the core features.

And the quick reply and women's health function has not yet been launched. Totally misleading in the ads.

Ab26
Jogger

Well this feature is absolutely necessary. My vote to implement the answer call feature on Android.

Ruthytm
First Steps

I will love to have the option to answer my calls via Bluetooth on my Versa, also answer back with quick message when you receive a message. I just change from gear fit2 and Im lil bit disappointed with the Versa... And is sad because the Versa is beautiful

GonzalodeDiego
Recovery Runner

I would add to this great idea of making calls from the versa/Ionic (obviously with the phone connected). That there is no need to put a microphone or a speaker in the watch, since now, almost every earphone/headphone has a built in microphone and, of course, the audio, you just need to have it connected.

Momma_of_6
First Steps

I bought this Versa thinking I could accept calls? When will this function be available?

GonzalodeDiego
Recovery Runner
You already can answer or rejects calls from the Versa, but you cannot make
them nor speak or hear from the Versa (since obviously doesn't have a built
in speaker, and I think it doesn't have a microphone neither).
Momma_of_6
First Steps
I am not getting my calls on my Fitbit. I'm not sure if I am missing a
step, or is it because I have android?
GonzalodeDiego
Recovery Runner
All right, I'm sorry, I have seen on forums that only with iOS you can
answer or rejects phone calls, I thought you could do it in Android too
since it's less restrictive than iOS... so weird. I hope you get this
essential feature. Also, because I will surely get an android as my next
phone :P. You have my vote.
Sajal.rainaa
First Steps

Fitbit should include calls receive and decline mod in versa ... It would then be a real smart watch and much competitive in the market.😊

Lizett
Jogger

I would like to take/answer calls too.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.