Track Cycling on Mobile App with GPS

What would be a great addition to the mobile app would be the ability to track cycling as well as the run, walk, hike options.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity.

791 Comments
Phil1927
Runner

And also let us Android users get it, please.

cmascotti
Stepping Up

I think it would be great if cycling was added. It would be nice if it just tracked distance and speed and gave an estimate of calories burned (just like run but without steps).

ANGChief09
First Steps
I'm on board too. Please add cyclone to the app ASAP. Many if us bike to avoid the added stress that running does to our bodies.
Kpers
First Steps

I agree! Biking routes are great to track too!

KenwoodFan
Base Runner

I totally agree.  I was so excited when I saw my fitbit app incorporated GPS.  I went to meet my friends and announced my fitbit app now tracks cycling.  Silly me, I should have checked to see that it actually did beforehand.  

Would you PLEASE incorporate cycling into your app!!!!!

MattGumbley
Recovery Runner

Yes, it's excellent. It would be even better if you could log runs on treadmill. It doesn't start tracking since I'm not moving about.

Yudzz88
First Steps
Agree. Also, it would be great to automatically delete counted steps during cycling period. My flex counted 12000steps for 3 hours cycling. My road was kinda bumpy that day! 😛
cmhawkins
First Steps

I would really like to have MAP my Ride synch with my Fit bit... then there could be an estimation of my calories and an a "step equivalence" recorded

Cristi
Recovery Runner

Great feature to have implemented. 

daTamsta
Jogger

I like the walk/run/hike GPS function.  Next - With the GPS function can biking be one of the options to track distance, time, pace and therefore calculate a calorie burn?  This would be in lieu of "steps" during this recorded activity. 

Cristi
Recovery Runner

Would be a great adition!

DormCat
Stepping Up

I agree

RascoMon
First Steps
Must have feature since most competitors in this industry has it.
kelliann1
Runner

Agree. I attach the Zip to my shorts leg so I end up counting the up and down motion while cycling. I can't enter manually - I have absolutely no idea what the pedaling would convert to in terms of steps. It measures the distance wrong - tells me I went 1.5 miles when I cycle 26 miles. So that's useless. I have to use Bike Brain for distance and that runs my phone battery down if it is a long ride so I am at 10 percent battery at the end. I carry a charger but often can't keep the phone connected to it while the bike is moving. I need the phone because I am often on the trail alone for miles and if I need help, I need the phone!

Bill_Peterhouse
Recovery Runner

Thus needs to happen.

2bike
First Steps

Or Garmin Connect\device interface!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yep, use the GPS in every smartphone, as part of the app to track virtually any zero impact activity - cycling, kayaking, skiing.

gvinnola
Recovery Runner
In the app, in the Exercise option with GPS tracking I would like to have an option to track my Bike ride, currently the options are Walk Run and Hike. The GPS actually is great to hear my split times etc, I just would like to track it as a Bike ride rather than a Run, since I do like to Run as well.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I ride a bike every day and it would be very useful feature for me. Add this please 🙂

Shansen
First Steps
I'd also like to see a bike option.
tm406
First Steps

Ditto for me. The tracking capability is awesome. Adding a bike activity to the choices would make it complete for me.

gvinnola
Recovery Runner

Since three of us want the option, maybe a few more could add their support for this!

craySC
First Steps

The new exercise tracking feature is great for running, hiking, and walking, but not for cycling. Adding a cycling option to it would be ideal. Right now, I track a long bike ride as a run to get speed and distance, which I then Log manually as cycling and then delete the run.

Jeroen
Strider

Me too please, but for now I will use the Strava / Garmin to Fitbit sync option 🙂

MrBear
Recovery Runner

Great idea - I want to ride my bicycle i want to ride my bike 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.