Track Cycling on Mobile App with GPS

What would be a great addition to the mobile app would be the ability to track cycling as well as the run, walk, hike options.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity.

791 Comments
kriscythe
Recovery Runner
The 2020 pandemic had me started outdoor cycling and surprised to find that Fitbit Mobile App is not able to track it. Someone suggested this back in 2015 and the status is Not Currently Planned as of 2018. I hope you review this and change your mind as most people are turning to cycling amid this pandemic.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kriscythe, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track Cycling on Mobile App.This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You can also vote for this similar suggestion: Track Exercise - Options other than Walk, Run or Hike.

I hope to see you around.

Tom232323
First Steps
I can start a walk, run or hike from the app but not a bike ride with mph,distance etc on it displayed
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tom232323, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track bike on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

DeviceGuru
Recovery Runner
You can manually start exercise logging (with mapping) for an outdoor run, walk, or hike in the Android app. Please add "outdoor bike" to the list. It's odd that biking is missing, and it should be trivial to add it to the list. Thanks!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DeviceGuru, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track outdoor bike with GPS data using the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

baronanne
Jogger
I understand I can manually change to "Bike" on my device, but don't understand why it is not an available option on the app, being that "Walk" "Run", & "Hike" are all so similar. There has to be a way to add a bike option.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @baronanne, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of having Bike tracking as an option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Geotigress
First Steps
Please add bike to exercise tracking options. There is walk, run, and hike for GPS-enabled fitbits, but not bike which I would assume that a lot of people would use.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Geotigress, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track outdoor bike with GPS data using the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Marti93
Recovery Runner
When starting a new exercise from the app, only "Run", "Walk" and "Hike" are available. Please add "Bike" as well.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Marti93, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding Bike to the exercises that you can track with the Fitbit app. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

gilbertam
First Steps
It ids necessary to add BIKE as an exercise type under TRACK LIVE on the Fitbit app.
There are only 3 options; walk, run & hike.
This is a very limited list of activities that should be able to be tracked & mapped live.
Please 🙏 add BIKE 🚴 as an option on the app especially since my last ride did not track the full gps on my Fitbit Versa 4. Thank
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gilbertam, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding bike to the list of activities tracked via MobileRun with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Madlax
First Steps
When we want to start a new activity from the app, we only have the choice of "Run / Walk / Hike".
Why we can't have all other activities, like Bike, etc.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Madlax, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing you to track other activities such as biking using MobileRun on the Fitbit app with us. We found two similar ideas posted on this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.