Trade in/Upgrade Program

I've been a fitbit user for a little over a year now, receiving one as a gift last Christmas. Now seeing how my flex is so behind the times, I would like to upgrade to one of the HR ones. However, spending another 130-150 is very difficult. Wanting Fitbit to offer an upgrade or trade in program to allow for this to be more affordable.

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

476 Comments

I'm REALLY beginning to think that, other than the moderators, no one in Fitbit's "powers that be" pays ANY attention to these posts. I am on my 3rd Fitbit watch/ tracker (Versa 2). I would kill for a trade in/ upgrade program like they have for phones and such! But, as someone else mentioned on the 18+ pages of this topic, this has been being suggested for 6+ years and NADA is being done by the company to attempt to implement this process. I am very much not a fan of Apple anything, and have always preferred Samsung phones, which is why I was so excited for the Fitbit's updated abilities in the areas of using the watch to reply with voice answers. It's time for me to upgrade to something newer as I've had this Fitbit for almost 2 years now, and I hate to say this, but I'm considering going completely outside of the Fitbit family to see if there's a program I can find where a trade-in/upgrade program is available, like Samsung!!! Never have I seen such disregard for current and, in some cases, long term customers' suggestions on a more favorable upgrade process! Does anybody even read/ discuss these comments & suggestions (other than moderators and other patrons)?

theniggles
Jogger
My fitbit is being replaced. I use a versa lite and the HRM just stopped working one day. Long story short, I chatted with support and they've agreed to send me a replacement. What I would like to see is an upgrade option where you can pay the difference to upgrade to a new model rather than just replacing the model that is faulty.
Clemberly
First Steps

I'm about to be on my 3rd device, and a recycling program is a must! It's 2021. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @theniggles, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Trade in/Upgrade Program on Fitbit. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Klyzok
Jogger

I would like to trade my music filled ionic for a versa 3 with alexa and music download capability.

theniggles
Jogger

@Rhiannonstarlit one would think it's a no brainer. It's extra revenue. And it keeps people in the brand. And now Google has the pockets to fund such a programme. I've got a feeling it's cos of the checkered history of it's ownership. I think since it's inception, Fitbit has been sold or acquired 5 or 6 times by different entities who had different ideas for it. 
paruljn
First Steps

Definitely interested in this!

Rvendran
First Steps

I would love an option to Trade in. Not all counties have a good recycling option. Also this will be a great chance for Fitbit to keep hold of loyal customers. Trade in option can make sure the user invests in new model and stays with Fitbit rather than going for other options. I think it will be a win win for both user and Fitbit.

CrystalLeigh
Jogger

Totally makes sense to have a trade-in program.  They are behind the times.  Way too expensive to upgrade. 

Balmerfh
First Steps

Trade in program will also help the environment. Do it Google

SPM12355
First Steps

Thousands of votes and it's still not currently planned? What are you working on?????

Nsejules77
First Steps

Why has Fitbit not addressed this literally been requested years ago

Keljian
First Steps
When a new tracker comes out, should be a way I can return my existing tracker for recycling and I should get a rebate for a rebate on a new one. Could do this by having for buy the new one, me sayingI have an old one, and have Fitbit ship a return mailbag for the old tracker, while putting a hold on my credit card for the rebate until received.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Keljian, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to upgrade your current Fitbit device with a more recent model with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
You need to offer a program where users can upgrade their device for newer models.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of having a Trade Up program with Fitbit. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently Under Consideration. This helps to keep the forums more organized and for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time.  

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

guillermoehl
First Steps

Please make this upgrade. I have a charge 4 and I want a charge 5!

Claonic
Recovery Runner

Even discounts offered by Fitbit for older or broken devices, are only available for older products. A good idea would be to also offer new products on discount.

empire1998
Jogger
Samsung have a trade in programme where I can send them any smart watch (including my fitbit versa 2) and I can get a new samsung smart watch for much cheaper. Would be better for long term customers, the environment, and the company.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @empire1998, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of having a Trade In program available with Fitbit. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

NitinBodke
Jogger

It's 2022! When?

Lizzy335
First Steps

TRADE IN PROGRAM ... YEEESSSS ....   I think this would be a great way to benefit your community. Trade in old devices offer an amount per device trade in towards a newer device. Then the old ones can be recycled and or used in other ways. Donation programs for people in need, people in need that have health conditions due to excess weight. The list goes on and on on the good it can do. Plus there will be less waste in our landfills. So many things to consider. 

PLEASE Work this out soon.  I would love to stay in the family however others offer these programs. To stay competitive this would benefit all parties. 🙂 

thank you for your time. 

taterry48
First Steps

I agree. I have a Charge 3. My family & friends that I have recommended, they have newer ones. Hey, give us a credit if they do purchase one.

AirWalker
Base Runner

This program was "under consideration" back in 2019.  What's the deal?  I've a pile of old fitbits and straps and chargers 😠  You keep changing the strap attachment and I'd gone and bought some colorful straps for my previous one - and then it died within a few months, so I barely got to use the pretty straps 😞  Same with the chargers - you keep changing how they attach to force us to buy new ones.  Planned obsolescence may profit you but it annoys those of us whose money gets basically stolen in the process.

Ajr1134
First Steps

I would be all in for the trade-in program

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.