Trade in/Upgrade Program

I've been a fitbit user for a little over a year now, receiving one as a gift last Christmas. Now seeing how my flex is so behind the times, I would like to upgrade to one of the HR ones. However, spending another 130-150 is very difficult. Wanting Fitbit to offer an upgrade or trade in program to allow for this to be more affordable.

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

476 Comments
RealClarkKent
Jogger

I currently have a Versa and would love a trade in program. It would not only help your consumers save on new purchases, but also it would be more eco-friendly. Not to mention it would make it less likely someone has a drawer of electronics they'll never use. Good for consumers, good business practice for you, and good for the environment. I'm lacking the reason why NOT.

Rubert
Jogger

Considering this request was opened back in 2015, and the company went through many changes. Even new owners. Today, I doubt Google would go ahead with the program, although they sometimes do it with phones. Nonetheless I'd still love the program to exist:

1. Would promote recycling

2. Reduce waste

3. Ensure more brand loyalty 

4. Stickiness of the products would increase 

Websleuth
First Steps

I have a sense in perfect condition purchased a few months ago, I'd love to trade it in for the sense 2.

joejohnb
First Steps

So i recently purchased the FitBit Sense as a father's day gift, say around June 6, 2022.  I recently received an email for the Sense 2 for sell. wow.  I was told that there is no trade-in/upgrade program.  It would be nice since i also purchased the 2 year replacement plan for my Fitbit Sense and by then the Sense would be outdated.

Myfb2022
Jogger

I believe Fitbit would benefit on numerous levels from an upgrade and/or trade in program. I have two Fitbit watches and would like to upgrade, but hesitate because of no where to recycle. Even a recycle program would be better than nothing for our planet. Thank you.

Khrazie
Base Runner

Hopefully a trade in program is actually in the works because I would be more likely to upgrade my devices knowing that I will be able to get rid of old device. I have seen comments about gifting the device to a friend/family but what if there is no one to gift it to because they are not interested or they already have a similar device. I had a Charge 2 which I sold and upgraded to the Versa 2 and now I am lookin to upgrade but without some incentive, I am less inclined. In all honesty, I don't hesitate to upgrade my Amazon devices because of their trade in program. I am getting a gift card plus a percentage off another Amazon device. If Fitbit had a similar program, I am sure many users would trade in their old devices more frequently!

Zuu
First Steps

After 8 yrs, there is no such a trade-in program... Too disappointing! 

MerLar_34
First Steps

I’ve been a Fitbit user for years and I feel having a trade in/upgrade program would be beneficial. Especially for individuals who are able to send in all accessories and such along with the Fitbit itself.

Yvesmfarges
First Steps
If FitBit really valued its community, and exchange upgrade program would be obvious.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Xtine1
First Steps
If you have a Fitbit device and want to upgrade to a new device, simply reach out to Fitbit, they provide you delivery details and postage paid for, and you send off your old Fitbit device. They will assess your device and see how much value your old device is a and provide you with a Fitbit voucher for your next Fitbit purchase.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Xtine1, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a trade in program to upgrade to a new Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

mldang
Jogger

Oh I've never thought about this! This would be awesome to have and so glad it's being put under consideration. I personally have a Versa 2 that still works just like day one (20 months old) and I finally saved up enough to upgrade to a Versa 4 because upgrading isn't the cheapest task. It's been eight years since this suggestion was made so we're still patiently waiting for this possibility to happen. 🙂 Good for the environment - Google, make this happen!

Xtine1
First Steps
Well I haven’t heard back from Fitbit but it would be great for the environment and on the bank account. I would be happy to purchase another Fitbit if this was an option.

Sent from my iPhone
CrystalLeigh
Jogger

Four years to get this idea “under consideration” and another four years sitting idle. I hope Google, the great innovator, sees this as a win win. Some thought should go into repurposing or recycling the exchanged items- save the planet! 

Yvesmfarges
First Steps
Google, by dismissing the FitBit community, has made a serious business mistake. I have a FitBit but now that the community is gone, it will be the last FitBit I buy.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Lizzy335
First Steps
Hi, I have the feeling that this will be my last one too. I have to say it's very disappointing that there are no programs out there for this type of thing. Makes me want to go someplace else. 
Boliver101
Jogger

I have used fitbits since the original Charge was introduced and have generally been happy with them. I have promoted them widely and bought a number of them as as gifts for family.  My current (Versa) is over 4 years old and finally dying.  Many of my friends have moved on to other manufacturers (Samsung, Garman, Apple) and have me considering switching.  A main disincentive is loosing the metrics of course (over 6 years of weight trends).

They regularly provide deep discounts to encourage new customers, you would think they might provide at least the equivalent to retain their loyal ones...

I don't think I can wait to see what kind of deal I can get with the back to school sale and my versa is Definitely not going to last until christmas... 

Yvesmfarges
First Steps
Well, now that they have eliminated their community, I moved on as well to a ring.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
itzbrianna
First Steps

Sadly, the lack of band options for the versa 2 available and the lack of a trade in/exchange program means i’ll soon be switching over to an apple watch. I genuinely loved fitbit more than what apple was offering but they are looking better and better the longer it takes for this idea to come into fruition 

Vinnysosso
First Steps
I agree. Unfortunately Fitbit has chosen not to offer their loyal customers the benefit to trade in their older versions for a newer watch. I believe Fitbit based on their present no trade in policy will lose longtime customers to other manufacturers.

Sent from my iPad
melysah9
First Steps
It would be good to have the option to value my current device (Versa 3) and redeem value against another device as an upgrade (Versa 4)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @melysah9, thanks for sharing this product feedback about having an upgrade program for the Fitbit devices with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

BrandyR21
First Steps
So I've had multiple fitbits throughout the years and I'm looking to upgrade again soon. I wish that fitbit would do some type of a trade in program kind of like cell phones do. Like money to go towards a new one! I just hate that another perfectly good one would just sitting around again not being used!
Aat70
Walker

Great idea. I've had a Charge 3 and I am on my second Charge 5 - because of a free replacement by Fitbit, I'm getting ready for another Fitbit. I sign in with Google now, but I wish I could go back to my old sign and password...too many Google requests and tracking. (Don't want them in my life so much!)  Also, I had a brief unsatisfactory use of Premium and am annoyed that I am constantly being "invited" to spend more money and use features I don't want. I do like the meditation sessions...to be able to record my sessions, but the sounds and voices are annoying and useless to me. I miss being able to get hourly alerts for 250 steps which isn't a feature with my Charge 5 Fitbit and the option to record my Stair climbing. I don't to use want Pay or receive Messages with Fitbit. I want to keep things simple and extend my Fitbit's battery life as much as possible. (Don't know if I'm commenting in the right place...but there you go.) I'm 70 years old and use my Fitbit to keep me motivated to do all I can to stay strong, energized and healthy at this stage of my life. KISS. 

Everydaygirl15
First Steps

Agree, I have had several fitbits over the years and currently have a luxe which works but no screen display and hence can't pair it. Would be happy to trade and upgrade. Oura do a trade in for new rings.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.