UK food database

Hi, enjoying my Flex/iOS app so far - do you have plans to develop a UK foods database?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

318 Comments
ShaneG1990
First Steps

Cat Sad ive only just got my fit bit and after finding out that there isnt a uk food barcode system in place am now selling my fit bit as i see this as a grate downfall. It takes away the hole point in having a fit bit 

Leonjudge
First Steps
Link to my fitness pal?

Maybe research before buying in future?

There is much more to Fitbit than recording food eaten. ☺️☺️
QuietMan
Jogger
Maybe you should keep unsolicited advice to yourself... before others take a look at you.
ShaneG1990
First Steps

True... but you dont tend to research a present from your wife haha.. 

Agread There is a lot more to the fit bit but my main aim was to track my food and to keep my weight. i do a lot of cardio and its important that i matain 12st and recording my food balance is a big part of the fitbit for me 

Leonjudge
First Steps
(Not so)quietman ☺️ the advice was for the previous poster and wasn’t unsolicited.

Léon Judge
Leonjudge
First Steps
Yes completely understand if it’s a gift ☺️

It’s been like this for years - as you will see from the age of the original posts.. it got better when popular items started being added to the UK DB, but it’s nowhere near as good as MFP.

Hope you get something that works for you.
Johnellis
First Steps

Fitbit app missing UK food database, please can you develop one as it doesn't recognise any brands that I have scanned. Poor for what otherwise a great app..

XHL
First Steps

+1 stato871

"The UK food database is a must. Selling the product in the UK should of Been enough to develop it."

Absolutely. Possibly a case of misselling.

ShaneG1990
First Steps

"The UK food database is a must. Selling the product in the UK should of Been enough to develop it."

Absolutely. Possibly a case of misselling. I will be spreading the word on social media that fit bit do not support a uk database 

As this will stop the customers buying the product and waisting there money because it may be the main reason why they are buying the product.

SteveH
Community Legend

There is a UK food database! Having said that I think the MyFitnessPal one is better and I use that. It syncs with fitbit so it's no problem. Might be worth checking it out.

Johnellis
First Steps
Absolutely agree, let's hope someone can make it happen..
Dmcookie
Jogger

Just purchased flex 2 and it’s fab and very addictive but the one let down is not being able to scan my food.  I’ve read the comments on this and cannot believe that it’s now 2018 and we still do not have this function in the UK!

Come on Fitbit and sort this out if the UK market is important to you.

Martyn_in_Kent
First Steps

Purchased a Charge 3 at the weekend as I thought it had uk food database. Very disappointed that it did not, as cannot scan my supermarket lunches during workdays. Typing calories in is ok but nutrition is lost.

if the feature is not working in a country it should be flagged, but would prefer if it were fixed.

VOTE

carlriley8
Base Runner
Fitbit don't listen to us to try and improve products and give us what we paid our money for, they just bring out the same products under a different name.

Use myfitnesspal, works great
mcasanova
First Steps

And also include Australia 🙂 

Thanks

Terqish
First Steps

So I've just bought my first Fitbit, and was pleased to see in the product details that the app allows for scanning of food barcodes to log calories, which is something I've been doing in other apps. Great, so now I can track my fitness and my food consumption all in one place. Sadly not. Even though the option to scan the barcode is there, and in settings I can see it's using the 'UK food database', I've just read that only USA barcodes are recognised. This is a joke. Nearly 1000 votes for this feature request over the last 5 years and still nothing. Shame on you Fitbit. Sort it out.

dan_whitston
Jogger

Been nearly two years since the last comment on this, and it looks like the database might finally be up to speed. I've tried it out every few months, and today it matched a dozen different food items in a row. Didn't match any non-alcoholic drinks, oddly, but this might finally be a usable alternative to MyFitnessPal!

luketoms
Jogger

I agree, the UK Food Database Fitbit uses is very poor and - especially now being Google's go-to fitness suite - needs to be improved to bring it inline with MyFitnessPal.

The current database is just bonkers! If it does recognise a product by its barcode, the nutritional information is usually incorrect.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.