Update food list features- alphabetize list or reorder food items

PLEASE allow users to sort their food lists by alphabetical order, and to easily delete foods from their "frequent" and "recent" food lists. 

It seems that there have been requests for this (in the forums at least) going back 3 years. It's absolutely ridiculous that simple features like these have been overlooked in the first place.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

68 Comments
caw13
Jogger

I would love to have the option to sort my frequent foods alphabetically (in addition to most frequent). Thanks!

Moderator edit: Added labels and edited title for clarification 

Renosma
Recovery Runner
Alphabetize food data entered.
christy2774
Recovery Runner

I'm not sure if this has ever been answered in a previous post.  I didn't see an answer.  But I don't want to have to go to a different fitness app to log food and sync it.  I would like to do everything I need to off the fitbit app.  When you get a pretty extensive food library, it is hard to see if you have already put something in because it isn't alphabetized.  Can that be done somehow to make it so it is quicker logging food in?  Or is there a way to do it that I haven't figured out?

dmsh
Tempo Runner

Finally you can edit a food after creating it. We've moved form the stone age to something equivalent ot the MS-DOS age.

Now if we could just do something as basic as sort a list on the phone app.

Ardy
Premium User
Jogger

The Choose Food Screen is where you add food you have or is available. the food list under eihter common Foods or My Foods nither of the lists are in Alphebetical Order top down,  Unfortunetly the Andriod app is not sorted at all. Please allow sorting Alphebetical top down, it makes finding food items much easiear,

2014_09_23_10.24.55.jpg

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for posting! We'll be sure to let our team know. 

CaroR
Stepping Up

Hi Ardy - I have the same gripe.  Until Fitbit change the Android app to have it sort the foods automatically as they are added, the solution I use is to log in and out of the app on my phone.  That refreshes the "My Foods" list so that it's synched with the desktop list and is then sorted alphabetically.  The "Most recent" and "Most logged" lists are also then synched to reflect the desktop order.  Carolyn

Diana2050
Stepping Up

Yes, please alphabetize at least by Brand Name which is so very hard to read on a mobile device.

33healthy
Jogger

I, too, would love to be able to alphabetize the Food lists on my Fitbit Zip! Time saved! I wonder why it isn't already an option. At the risk of sounding sappy, I love my FbZ! ;-} Please solve the alphabet soup, et al., hitch soon, & many thanks! 

33healthy
Jogger

I, too, would love to be able to alphabetize the Food lists on my Fitbit Zip! Time saved! I wonder why it isn't already an option. At the risk of sounding sappy, I love my FbZ! ;-} Please solve the alphabet soup, et al., hitch soon, & many thanks!

fbflexnewbie
First Steps

I'm about two weeks in and as my food list grows, so does my frustration and the time I waste searching for an item.  It makes no sense to me that alphabetizing the food list is not an option so please correct this rather obvious omission as soon as possible.  It becomes more annoying daily.   Big THANKS in advance!!!

fbflexnewbie
First Steps

Alphabetizing the food list is way beyond a good idea.  It is so frustrating to have to search and search.  It means you have to be REALLY dedicated to stay with it long enough to get food logged.  Makes me want to find a different progam that is more user friendly.  Please make this happen.  It cant be that hard.

I record all of the food I eat in the Fitbit app, and therefore there are many foods in my Frequent and Recent lists. I find it annoying that the app doesn't allow you to alphabetize the foods in these 2 lists, it can take forever to scroll through these lists and find the food I want to add to what I ate that day. Most other apps that you can record your food and calorie intake in have the ability to alphabetize the foods in your lists so I don't understand why Fitbit can't add this option for the foods lists under Frequent and Recent.
I would really be happy if Fitbit could include this option and be competitive with the other apps for recording food intake.
ipatty
Jogger

You are right!  You'd think it would automatically alphabetize but if you have auto fill, just the first letter or two brings you to that food in the search field.  To me its much easier than constantly scrolling. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@caw13 This can help users because it's going to be easier to log favorite food. Hope this can be implemented. 

Thank you for sharing your ideas Robot Happy

sweetmarie
Jogger

It would be awesome if we could sort favorite foods into custom catergories that we could create, such as all, fruits, veggies etc

lizziemay
First Steps

I would like to say first I love the Fitbit...
I do think it would be easier to use the food list if we could list food items that we use in alphabetical order.
It is time consuming to have to scroll down a list that would be easier to handle if we had a clue where to look...
Making it in alphabetical order would help out a great deal...
Thanks

Moderator Edit: Labels

WendyPS
First Steps
I also love my Fitbit but would really like to see foods listed alphabetically it would make logging food so much easier.
Pami
First Steps

Please alphebatize the food list. What would be even better to add a place where you can make meals. Thank you!

jackkeyz
Jogger

Agreed. 

Johnny_SATX
First Steps

As all have already said, it is easiest to have food listed alphabetically.  More importantly, we need a search option for new foods and foods we already have eaten.  Many people eat the same things over and over.  It is time saving not having to re-invent the wheel each time you search.

Jimmy_Z
Jogger

Please consider these suggestions to incorporate into a future update(s):

1. The ability to choose common foods alphabetically by manufacturer or supermarket name.  For example with Popcorn, scrolling down the list would show Granny Goose listed before Skinny Pop, saving time and increasing charting accuracy;

2. Listing each macro nutrient in grams and in addition to each percentage for nutritional counseling.

Thank you much.

Fitbit is a terrific product!!!

jackkeyz
Jogger

Amen. 

Mrsmanahan
Stepping Up

PLEASE improve the Favorite Food List section so that we can DELETE foods that we may not be eating anymore.  We can delete them from the Log In food section, but not from the Favorite Food List.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.