Waterproof trackers

I'm looking for a completely waterproof tracker with all of the features (sleep, heart rate, steps, stairs, miles, calories, reminder to move, phone alerts, clock with date, etc) all in one. When??  Please make this your next release!!!!!

1,001 Comments
Smiles12
First Steps
Upgrade Fitbit charge hr to a waterproof unit for swimmers
Naomi_R
First Steps

How terribly disappointing.. So much of my training is in the pool or transitioning from pool to bike to running, so i can't measure/track it. The lack of ability in this instance is the only reason for me not purchasing a wearable. I won't purchase any other wearable as each one has so little of the functionality which I require, which the Surge has, except it's not waterproof, FITBIT PLEASE FIX!!!

Naomi_R
First Steps

I could forego the altimeter for the waterproofing, or better still a waterproof casing of some kind. This would allow waterproofing while it is enclosed, you may not have the altimeter, but for the sake of tracking swimming, that's a pill I could swallow...

fitcol
Jogger

Yes - waterproof FitBit device is needed!  I do not want to buy a Garmin for water activites because I already have all tracking / loggin data in FitBit 

itval613
Jogger

I would love to have this waterproof and able to be used while I swim and record my  laps.  I would certainly upgrade the minute one became available.

itval613
Jogger

I would love to see these waterprooof as well in order to track my daily laps!

Gerteezy
Stepping Up

Agreed, I work in Law Enforcement which requires me to carry a lot of things which is why I waited for a more watch like fitbit (Charge HR) to replace my existing watch.  However 2 months in and I'm not sure my fitbit days last much longer as it has taken numerous impacts and is feeling structurally weak.  

LMayhew
First Steps
I wear a charge, and I've had it for few months, I've forgotten to take it off many times while having a bath, but it still works ok. So perhaps it's more waterproof than you're thinking it is
corymady
First Steps

When will Fitbit develop a product that I can wear while swimming......to record yards I swim, and heart rate?

DrValerieV
First Steps

I LOVE my fitbit, but need a more accurate calorie count. Heart rate monitors are wonderful but not super accurate on your wrist. Also I am big busted and chest straps never work for me. I had an arm band (body media plus) and it worked but was bulky so sometimes I wanted to switch for something more discreet. Maybe you can make a hrm watch that I can use all day for continous hrm calorie counting but with an optional arm band hrm for others to use during vigorous acitivies. Also I like hot yoga and know I burn tons of calories in there. So these devices NEED to be WATERPROOF. I also love the water so this is a must. 

unfrufru
First Steps

A waterproof Fitbit would be perfect. I'd love to use just 1 device that I don't even have to take off. At the moment I use my fitbit for most of the day (about to upgrade to surge but will hold off) and then when I swim, I have to take it off and put on my old Polar with a heart rate strap around my chest which is a massive pain and irritates my skin. 

unfrufru
First Steps

A waterproof Fitbit would be perfect. I'd love to use just 1 device that I don't even have to take off. At the moment I use my fitbit for most of the day (was going to upgrade but will hold off till a waterproof one exists) and then when I swim, I have to take it off and put on my old Polar with a heart rate strap around my chest which is a massive pain and irritates my skin. 

unfrufru
First Steps

A waterproof Fitbit would be perfect.

I'd love to use just 1 device that I don't even have to take off.

At the moment I use my fitbit for most of the day (about to upgrade to surge but will hold off) and then when I swim, I have to take it off and put on my old Polar with a heart rate strap around my chest which is a massive pain and irritates my skin. 

Just 1 device that would incorporate

-HR

- Steps

- Calories

- Exercise

- Watch

- Sleep

that I could wear swimming could mean that I would never need another device apart from upgrading to a newer model that would have more features. (such as smart watch capabilities/linking to ipod etc)

ShimmyD
Recovery Runner
Personally I think its insane to advertise the Surge as water resistant and not have it suitable for swimming.
ewm003
First Steps

+1 for this feature

ewm003
First Steps

Waiting for swimming features before I buy.

DG946
First Steps

Would like to see a waterproof Charge HR.  Does not have to be for scuba diving depths.  Just something you can wear swimming, kayaking, and canoeing.  15 or 30 feet would be a satisfactory depth that would cover a multiple of water sport activities.

JackiFL
Jogger

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I think my Flex is waterproof? I wear it in the tub, shower and hot tub with no issues. 

adobe101
Recovery Runner

Absolutely agree.I almost hit 'checkout' with the Charge HR - but thought to double check it's water proof. Shockingly it is not. So many people choose swimming as their primary exercise for a number of good reasons (or even aqua aerobics). Why is no Fitbit product waterproof. It's the single reason why I will NOT invest in a fitbit but go with something like the basis instead - it automatically registers WHICH exercise I'm doing and it's waterproof! 

Evogirl
First Steps
i wanted to be able to use the full use of HR and also to be able to track the true heart rate and calories for swimming. I go to the pool regularly and want to be able to purchase a HR to use everyday for all my activities including to be able to use it whilst swimming.
Steve1300
Jogger
I lost my charge at the airport and am now out $129. Debating on whether to replace it with a charge hr with a better band. Fitbit needa 3 improvements. Replaceable band, better clasp and waterproof
Rhart99
First Steps
That would be amazing! I would really like to track my heart rate while surfing since it can get pretty intense.
PhoenixofMT
Base Runner

They should make a waterproof version without an altimeter. The hole for the pressure sensor is the main obstacle to water use. Let the users choose between getting wet and counting stairs.

Bigtwich
First Steps
will there be a waterproof one anytime soon ?
Ficheral
Recovery Runner

There are a lot of sportwatch having altimeter, other sensors and tiny holes (SUUNTO/GARMIN) and still being waterproof. Just do what they do.Smiley Tongue

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.