Waterproof trackers

I'm looking for a completely waterproof tracker with all of the features (sleep, heart rate, steps, stairs, miles, calories, reminder to move, phone alerts, clock with date, etc) all in one. When??  Please make this your next release!!!!!

1,001 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Well I think that tell Fitbit what we ladies think of the Ionic.
Too big,
Too expensive
Too fancy.

If I wanted to have all singing all dancing for that sort of price I would buy the iWatch2!!!!!!!

Come on Fitbit prove you are still listening or even listen and HEAR what we are saying.

🦋🐝
Suziekj
Jogger
Totally agree had a closer look the charger hr is a great size for me ad i have a small wrist all i wanted was the charge hr to be swim proof.  Plus the cost of it £299 is way to expensive.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Suziekj
Jogger
Totally agree to big for my wrist

Suziekj
Jogger
Thanks have received info the only is the iconic is too big for my wrist i love my charger hr because of its size etc why can't it be the same size any chance the charger hr with swim proof

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The Charge HR @Suziekj was discontinued almost s year ago. I don't think the band would hold up either.

As for the Ionic, it has a few things the Charge 2 doesn't have.

Mp3 player

More memory

Wifi

Gps

2 more antennas 

ItIt will  be a year or teo begore it gets shrunken down.

It is a big improvement over the Surge

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@MonkeyMagic and @HTMT6612 thanks for your feedback. I don't have any updates to share with you now around this but I'd suggest that you start a new feature suggestion, and tag/label it with 'Ionic' and share your proposal there, so other community members can comment and vote on it. The more specific, the better, because as you can imagine, everyone wants something slightly different 🙂 If you want to outline the functionality that you do want with a suggested price point, that will all be useful to feed back to our team here.

@Artardugno that's a nice idea but would be difficult for us to implement, as there has been hundreds of community-based implemented ideas. We really appreciate your input though and are glad to have had your input on this feature.

@SunsetRunner @Suziekj @SueAlan there is an existing feature suggestion around a water resistant charge here which might be a good place to vote/comment as well.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have been trawling through the pervious comments on waterproof trackers. There appears to be an at least 50/50 split male to female yet the New Ionic is big and chunky, with no smaller alternative and don't get me started on the colours. It is all so masculine. 

I personally know only female Fitbit wearers. 

I think the Ionic is pitched at getting new customers not looking after their existing wearers.

This is not about listening to the community it is about Fitbit going after the Male iWatch markets.

We only have to read the responses on the community to the Ionic launch to see how very, very wrong Fitbit have got it.

AirWalker
Base Runner

I want a waterproof one that tracks HR and sleep patterns without being enormous.  The HR is a great size.  A little larger would be OK.  But not huge.  I almost never take it off.

I don't exercise in the water much but I'd like to be able to take a shower/bath/go to a waterpark and do lots of dishes/other hand-immersive activities without having to take the thing off.

Also:  in future versions of the HR, please change the design so that the green lights aren't so visible from the side. It can be very disturbing when one - or one's bedmate - is trying to sleep.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
As an update on the information I got about waterproof Fitbit releases in the UK. My local Currys is expecting a complete new range on display in the next couple of weeks.
Once again no news on the community but for us Ladies who don't require a large all singing all dancing watch, just an attractive, step and sleep monitor THAT IS WATERPROOF.
Oh and not to cost an arm and a leg. This shouldn't be too hard as you can buy a waterproof watch for under £10.00 and the fitness aspect is already developed and tried and tested.
Come on Fitbit prove you do in fact listen.

🦋🐝
Nole_nurse
First Steps

I would really LOVE a waterproof tracker that would include HR monitoring.  I want to swim but need to monitor my HR as well so that would be amazing. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The Ionic is waterproof, able to swim with, has heartrate,  forget the phone, your music plays straight from your arm to a wireless headphone.

SueAlan
Base Runner
The ionic is way too big for a small wrist! What I really want is something closer to the size of the Alta HR that also tracks floors and is water resistant enough to wear in the shower, the rain or when swimming on the surface.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Fingers crossed that Fitbit brings something out before Christmas. I am really missing my Fitbit. I am not going to wait much longer to get another step counter.

🦋🐝
Suziekj
Jogger
Totally agree with you

Altice
First Steps

Why can't we wear our trackers in the pool? As a swimmer I would love to be able to wear my tracker in the water during my workouts. I know most trackers are splash proof but us swimmers need them to be completely water proof. Hopefully this will become the norm if the future.

SteveH
Community Legend

The Flex 2 and Ionic are already swimproof.

Altice
First Steps

That is true but sometimes you want more than the basic and less than the most advanced piece of technology available.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@jazzKat74 Thanks for sharing this suggestion. There are no current plans on making all current tracker waterproof. However, since you posted this, we have released Fitbit Ionic which is water resistant up to 50 meters. If that's not what you are looking for; please leave your comment and vote on this feature suggestions which is asking for a next generation waterproof tracker. Thank you for posting on the Feature Suggestions Board. 

VLars
Recovery Runner

I would like to request that you bring back the Fitbit One but update it, please.  Please make it Swim Proof.  I own several Fitbits (One, Zip, Charge HR, and Flex 2) but the Fitbit One is my Favorite!  I would like to see the One return updated and improved to include waterproof and swimming features.  

With the 'new' One I would be able to clip it to my clothing, shoes, place it in a pocket, and even clip it to my swimsuit

I would like to see the One come back as a Clip-on but also offer a Wrist Band Accessory with a real Clasp like a watch.  How cool would that be?  Then I could add the option of wearing it on my wrist.  Still keep it chargeable.  I own the Zip and have bought a wrist band for it from Amazon.  Now my Zip is very versatile.  I just cannot swim with it.  

I also work out on a stationary bike.  A wrist tracker will not work for me.  But if the new One came as a Clip-on AND had a wrist band with a real Clasp, how sweet that would be!  

I enjoy walking, hiking, rebounding, swimming, water aerobics, biking, stationary bike, and kayaking.  I would be able to  keep the 'new' One on me tracking for the Whole Day.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes Heart

VLars
Recovery Runner

hiachiro
Recovery Runner

Yes, I like that idea, but I mostly like the idea of bringing back the One.  I can't wear a tracker on my wrist at work so a clip on is perfect but Zip just doesn't have the features I want.  I was horrified to see the One is gone and now I have to baby mine for now and hope that some sort of quality clip on is available should it ever fail.  I know I'm not the only one who can't wear anything on their wrists at work but still wants a tracker and the One is an excellent product filling a need!  Adding waterproof so I could wear it swimming would be even better!

krystlebear
First Steps

I have a charge hr at present. I’m looking at getting the flex 2 so I can go swimming. I would prefer to buy a Fitbit that has the charge hr and flex 2 combinded with interchangeable bands, no bigger then the charge or go smaller like the altra. I’ve been hesitant to buy the flex just in case one comes out that is not to big and is affordable. 

FiatLarry
Jogger

Just bring back the One.  I like your ideas Lars but you're asking them to bring out a model that will probably compete with the rest of their product line up. 

I'd like to see the One come back.  Mine got lost when the clip failed.  I came back to buy one only to find out it's been discontinued.  I refuse to wear a wrist-based tracker.  I have a nice watch (that tells time) and I don't want to wear another accessory - call me a Luddite if you want, but I think FitBit is giving up a huge market here.  Guess I'll stick with the Health App on my iPhone instead.

In case FitBit is watching this thread, if you reintroduce the One - call it the Classic One (like Classic Coke), at or near the current price, I'll buy it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.