Waterproof trackers

I'm looking for a completely waterproof tracker with all of the features (sleep, heart rate, steps, stairs, miles, calories, reminder to move, phone alerts, clock with date, etc) all in one. When??  Please make this your next release!!!!!

1,001 Comments
MonkeyMagic
Jogger

A Fitbit charge HR that's waterproof will keep you on par with the Apple Watch (which is too big to wear) I want to be able to keep mine on swimming......please please 🤗

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The Flex 2 is waterproof, and many wore the Flex into the pool with no problems.
Rumor has it thr next fitbit will also be water resistant and able to use while swimmimg.

Note i said water resistant because at some depth it will fail. That is why even a watch can not be rated as waterproof.

When the Charge and Charge HR came out, they where rated at 1ATM or 3 meters of water resistant. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Ok all you Fitbit lovers, who want to be able to swim in your Fitbit. as reported yesterday I killed my ONE in one to many washing machine experiences. 

So off to Currys I went. Very nice gentleman advised me to delay my purchase, if I wanted a swim proof Fitbit, until September when a little bird, his Fitbit rep, had told him that a new Surge, slimmer, and water resistant plus all singing and all dancing, was being released. Fingers crossed it will have a ladies sizing.

He also pointed out that the One was being fazed out and he expected a complete range of new stock before Christmas.

So before I buy am alternative I will at least wait until September and see what arrives.

Shame the people at Fitbit couldn't have given me the heads up. 

Enjoy stepping I will, hopefully, be back with my friends soon.

Akame
First Steps

I got the Fitbit Alta just recently and it's bothering me that it doesn't count my floor steps like the Fitbit Charge did. Please add this!! 

Also, I wouldn't mind my Fitbit being water proof either. I never take it off unless I need it to charge it or I'm going to swim/shower/or go in a hot tub. It'd be a nice feature if I never have to take it off for anything other than charging it. 

Sharonalondon
Base Runner
JMW450 thanks for the update. Hopefully the Surge will be out in September
Sharonalondon
Base Runner
JMW450 thanks for the update. Hopefully the Surge will be out in September
Suziekj
Jogger
Thanks for letting us know i will wait till then would be great for swim proof.  Totally agree the fitbit team should keep us in the loop i have asked for this yet again and no decent response. This is their failing not keeping the regular fans in the loop.  I know so many who are going elsewhere which is just a shame as the fitbit is a great product.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Suziekj
Jogger
Thanks for letting us know i will wait till then would be great for swim proof.  Totally agree the fitbit team should keep us in the loop i have asked for this yet again and no decent response. This is their failing not keeping the regular fans in the loop.  I know so many who are going elsewhere which is just a shame as the fitbit is a great product.

sunset928021
Jogger

I was interested in Flex 2 because it is swim proof and I won't have to worry if it gets wet on water rides. The only reason I am hesitant is that it does not show you the # of steps you take. Right now, when I sync my fit bit, I notice it doesn't always catch all my steps and I have to re sync. I can verify with my current fit bit but I wouldn't be able to verify with Flex 2 which makes me nervous. My steps are very important since I earn rewards through my employer. Can you please make a swim proof fit bit that shows you the steps you took? Soon? Planning on a trip and a swim proof tracker would make it much more enjoyable!

TrackMeNow
First Steps

I have been using the FitBit Charge HR for over a year and love all the features except that it is not waterproof. My band  just broke, so I need to buy a new tracker. Will you be releasing a waterproof Fitbit Tracker similar to to the Charge HR anytime soon?  If not, I need to consider moving to a different brand of fracker which I prefer not to because I have enjoyed my Fitbit. 

SueAlan
Base Runner
Until they come up with a waterproof Charge, why not try buying a new band? Amazon lists pages and pages of them
bubalu
First Steps

I had a Fitbit Charge HR, but I accidentally just walked into our pool and immediately realized I had it on and went directly out of the pool.  The Charge HR was ruined, I tired a hair dryer, a bag of rice and just waiting it out but it never came back.   I need a water proof charge HR, I'm just not that careful enough.  Please make the charge 3 waterproof.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Artardugno and commenters, we’re excited to let you know that the feature you proposed here has now been implemented in the newest Fitbit tracker, Ionic! Fitbit Ionic can be worn in the pool up to 50 meters, and will track swim workouts with stats like lap counting, duration and calories burned. You can learn more about Ionic and it’s new features, like an app gallery, music and payments here: www.fitbit.com/ionic. Thank you so much for your suggestion and for taking the time to share your ideas to help us make trackers better.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I notice the price is in dollars.
So I am assuming not yet released in U.K.

Come on Fitbit.

🦋🐝
Suziekj
Jogger
That is great news when will uk get this x

Suziekj
Jogger
I have just asked when will the uk gwt this x

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

HI @Suziekj and @SunsetRunner, it should be available in the UK in around 3-4 weeks and will be priced at £299: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/ionic.

sunset928021
Jogger
So happy you can see your steps and it is waterproof. Unfortunately that is too expensive for me. Hopefully a cheaper version comes out.  I only need to see the steps and waterproof so maybe a flex 3 will allow to see the steps on the device and not just when you load and be waterproof. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @sunset928021 - I understand. Unfortunately, I don't have any updates on that at the moment but am glad we can offer a new tracker which allows you to swim and see steps.

MonkeyMagic
Jogger

Glad to hear about the iconic...... sounds like you're aiming it at the iwatch market. How about keeping the price down and making the charge hr 3 waterproof? It's slimmer and better for women ( well I prefer the slimmer look)....I won't go for the iconic as it's too big 😡

Artardugno
Jogger

Yay!  Thank you so much for hearing our voices. Is it too much to ask to get a modest discount on the item that I suggested?  I'm sure you will sell a bunch of them so I'm hopeful that you will pass on a savings voucher to me for making the company a lot more money. ❤️

HTMT6612
First Steps

I am happy to hear that Fitbit is finally coming out with a water proof tracker, but the iconic is pretty pricey and does way more than what I need.  Any chance there will be a Charge HR 3 that is waterproof?   Not to sound ungrateful, but if the iconic was what I was looking for I would have just bought an apple watch over a year ago when they came out. I would assume that most fitbit customers are looking for something simpler.  The customers who were looking for all these functions most likely went with the Apple or Samsung watch being both of their watches offer more function. 

SueAlan
Base Runner
How about just making the Charge 2 case water resistant? The Iconic is way too big for a small female wrist…and I honestly don’t need to play music with my Fitbit. What next? Streaming video?
SueAlan
Base Runner
Really, how difficult would it be to just make the Charge 2 case waterproof (or at least water resistant enough to withstand swimming near the surface or taking a shower)? One should not have to worry that a wrist-worn activity tracking device, expected to be worn during all sorts of outdoor activities, would die when caught in the rain.
cshaver
First Steps
Yay!!! Is here 😁
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.