Waterproof trackers

I'm looking for a completely waterproof tracker with all of the features (sleep, heart rate, steps, stairs, miles, calories, reminder to move, phone alerts, clock with date, etc) all in one. When??  Please make this your next release!!!!!

1,001 Comments
dm33
Jogger

I also vote for a Fitbit that can monitor heart rate while swimming.

Tried a Flex 2 today and was impressed how well it detected a swim, but no HR monitor.

I have a Polar A360 but their sleep tracking is vastly inferior to Fitbit's. The app in general is not as well done. Doesn't detect activities. Lots of missing features. They have an A370 which fills in some holes, but its the same hardware as the A360 and they're thumbing their nose to existing customers not offering features which are software only updates, such as phone based GPS which Fitbit has. I'd love to go with Fitbit but need some level of HR monitoring.

annasounantha
Jogger

Love my Fitbit.  Would never buy anything else. Only thing is that I wish it was waterproof and prettier! 

Eojuk
First Steps

Would love my Fitbit charge 2 to be waterproof. It makes no sense that I have to take it off after a session in the gym, to go for a swim. 

Jenniehodgki76
First Steps

I agree I have the flex 2 but wish it tracked heart rate and stairs too 

lizir
First Steps

Please make it waterproof (not water resistant, water proof). Some of us like doing things such as Tough mudder and would like to be able to wear pit for bits.

My husband's fitbit is on its last legs and to be honest, while we like the fit bit company; both Android and Garmin DO have water proof items with all the same features of a fitbit charge 2.

Ease add waterproofing for those of us who live water or we will be forced to make the switch!

Juh1s
First Steps

I love kayaking. But it's sad to leave the fitbit on land for while i'm in on kayak, because there is always a possibility that it gets wet. part of kayaking is to fall. fall and get back up. kayaking is water sports as any other swimming and diving. it gets your heart pumping and muscles moving.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sory @lizir, legally nothing in the USA since the 1960's may be labled water proof. They have to be labled water resistant with a referance to how resistant it is. This could be anywhere from not water resistant at all to water resistant to 300meters are greater. I think most would be happy for water resistant to 50 meters.  This would allow nornal swimming.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Voting for this. Recently I submerged my Charge 2 in the bathtub for few minutes before I realised I was still wearing it. Luckily it survived with no harm done. I would feel better knowing that such accident won't cost me a tracker 🙂 It's really easy to forget to take it off. Not mentioning benefits of tracking actual water activities.

jpwone
First Steps

Now please don't take this as a recommendation to go ahead, it isn'. 

Whilst on holiday I forgot I was wearing my blaze after a few beers and found myself at the poolside bar with it on. I quickly took it off and dried it. A few hours later, same thing, however had been in the pool for about an hour. A tad brave after the beers I thought its survived a good couple of hours so lets see what happens. I wore it continually for the rest of the day, snorkelling, playing with the kids in the sand, sea, pool for hours at a time over the next 2 weeks. Hot tubs every night. It was diving at 7metres when I suddenly remembered it and thought oh no. Didn't miss a beat. I bath and shower every day. Not a hiccup. I know my warranty will be invalid should it go within the warranty period, but she's come this far Im not taking her off now. I haven't pressed buttons underwater, only raise it to see the time. When I remembered during the dive I thought it was a gonner.

All good.

Gmn22
First Steps

I have an idea. Why not make a case for a charge two for swimming. 

rachy19
First Steps

I dont understand how these fitbits cant even be touched by water (like in the shower) If the Charge HR 2 features can be in a waterproof version that would be perfect. Its unreasonable to spend $150 + to have it 100% die as soon as it gets wet

Watson61
First Steps

I agree. Need to track my swim laps.

Sharonalondon
Base Runner

Please add a fully waterproof Fitbit with all functionality to the range. The Flex 2 doesn't give the same level of data for tracked exercise or sleep

samirazs
Stepping Up

The charge 2 is the one you need.

I shower everyday with my charge 2 and have even been in bath tub with it as well. Have not had any issue! And it is doing all that you requeted 🙂 

Watson61
First Steps
I swim a mile a day. I don't think the band would hold up let alone the
device itself.
CRIB7733
First Steps

I agree! I love my fitbit but I would like to upgrade to a Blaze if it were waterproof.

Lucky113
Recovery Runner

I know some of the fitbits are water-resistant but I really think you all should make a waterproof Fitbit I really think that would be a great seller and a lot of people would buy it because a lot of people use swimming as an exercise and would love to be able to track that

IronCobra
First Steps

Im all for a waterproof device, especially a charge.

As a matter of fact there's no excuse for not waterproofing all of your lineup, the technology is out there, I have an Apple Watch :watch:️ 2 Nike edition and I love it.

However, it's a smart watch :watch:️ and I don't really have a need for a smart watch, all I need is a good activity tracker.

I had the Microsoft Band I loved it all it was missing was to be waterproofed, the 3 was supposed to be waterproof but Microsoft killed the entire project.

Apple doesn't seem to have any near future plans to release just an activity tracker, while on the other hand you guys have the perfect platform ready in the charge 2 all you need to do is to waterproof it, cause frankly speaking an activity tracker that is not waterproof is useless.

And from where I'm standing it looks like a bad business decision for a struggling company such as yours to have a high demand for a product and you ignore it.

IronCobra
First Steps

Perhaps also consider adding a one or two GB internal storage for storing music as I really enjoy the freedom of working out 🏋 without having to carry my phone :mobile_phone: around.

it's not a big deal but would be a nice addition.

The most important thing is to waterproof it

Smitad
Recovery Runner

Need swimming heart rate tracking somehow please

HTMT6612
First Steps

If apple can water proof their watch why can't Fit bit catch up with the technology.  

HTMT6612
First Steps

How long do we have to wait for fit bit to catch up with the technology and finally make a swim proof unit that also does heart rate?

Sunfl0w3r
First Steps

This forum is 37 pages long with requests for waterproofing since 2014. While at first the fitbit Alta HR seemed like an awesome new release, it became really disappointing when it wasn't waterproof. To me, this speaks a lot to the way the company has positioned themselves in terms of customer service. Requests from customers, especially requests as persistent as this are irrelevant until they become necessary to increase or maintain market share. The advent of the waterproof apple watch series 2 may force fitbit to get serious about waterproofing. Still, even though I'd prefer the use the fitbit software, it seems wiser to go with a company that is more receptive of the needs of its customers, and considers those needs in addition to its bottom line. 

SueAlan
Base Runner

It would also be nice if this do-all tracker could be other than a wrist variety.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have been asking for a waterproof Fitbit watch for at least 2 years now. Having put my ONE in the washing machine for the third time it looks like I have run out of time.

i must either comprise on Fitbit or buy what I really want from another manufacturer.

What I want is a smart watch that is easy to read like the BLAZE but that I can swim with. I don't NEED lap counters just to be able to see the time when I am in the pool.

What I fail to understand is why all Fitbit are not currently waterproof. We have been able to buy waterproof watches for nie on 40 years so the technology has been well and true lay tried and tested so why has Fitbit not made waterproof watches from the start.

If it is because they haven't perfected lap counting well it doesn't matter add it to the app and let us count our own laps after all most of us have ten fingers and ten toes uncovered to help.

Shame but it looks like I will now be leaving Fitbit and all my Fitbit friends to go over to another manufacturer who has made a waterproof model. Iwatch or Gamin.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.