YouTube Music App

It's been almost a month now and a huge product like the Fitbit has only a couple of apps, and one music app. So I was hoping you guys can add the YouTube Music app, since it allows access to a huge selection of music videos and audios. Also the app have 100 song downloaded for offline use. It chooses them based on your taste and updates them every now and then.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

356 Comments
MomOfSuprHeroes
First Steps

Yes for Youtube Red! Love the app on my Smartphone. Would love to see it on Fitbit.

DavyCassidy
First Steps

Need Google Play or YouTube Music.  People want integrated services and have paid subscriptions to these because Deezer doesn't give what we're looking for.  Versa not supporting these is naive and disappointing. 

Lowlyffe
First Steps

I'm also hoping for YouTube music! 

ShubhamShete
First Steps

Hi team

Please add YouTube app to Ionic. The most expensive Fitbit watch does not have support to YouTube music. Don't want pay for listening to music.

@Amro.G wrote:

It's been almost a month now and a huge product like the Fitbit has only a couple of apps, and one music app. So I was hoping you guys can add the YouTube Music app, since it allows access to a huge selection of music videos and audios. Also the app have 100 song downloaded for offline use. It chooses them based on your taste and updates them every now and then.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

sd2009
First Steps

+1 for YouTube music please!

Twanislas
Jogger

Hi !

I'd really love a YTM app. While I don't really need to sync music to the watch, I would love to be able to at least start a playlist on the phone or remote skip/play/pause music playing from the phone. 

Thanks for your consideration 🙂

skeeder
Jogger

PLEASE add the YouTube You Tube app to the Fitbit selection!  I use it constantly for multiple things both during travel, sitting in airports, down-time to LEARN things, WATCH things, LISTEN to music, etc. -- this would make my IONIC screen much more useful with a single app!  (the other 2 music apps only do music - YOUTUBE does it all!)

The screen is already being used for Fitbit Coach - plays videos so the capability it there --- please turn on the capability to use our YouTube..

Please YouTube -- Pleaaase YouTube

Pretty please YouTube

Pretty please with sugar on top YouTube

Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top - Give us our YouTube!  Thank you

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Rockermo
Jogger

Add you tube music app!!

manushka
First Steps

+1 for YouTube Music!

fretnutt
Base Runner

Of course. Deezer is mostly used in Europe. America is left with nothing. 2 years in,still waiting. 

Mamalove4you
First Steps

Youtube music app very welkom strange there is only deezer en spotify almost no choice

Kristiona
First Steps

Agreed I truly love my accont with you tube music. Fitbit would gain alot more user 3 alone from my family if you added YouTube music.

Perzznickitty
First Steps

I listen to so music music that Spotify and Pandora straight don't have. Seriously Contemplating returning my brand new versa purely because I can't control my music from my watch. It's the main outside of 'fit' function I need. Really hoping in the VERY near future this is added. 

PrettyNicola
First Steps

It doesn't look like this request has gotten much traction in 2 years, but I would also love it if my Fitbit Versa were compatible with YouTube. I already pay for YouTube, and now I'm wondering if I should have just gotten a smartwatch since there are only 2 music apps available. 

Raquelselena
First Steps

I how they had the YouTube music app! I would love that so much!

Humps380
First Steps

I totally approve this idea! Youtube music app on fitbit with offline music/ audio only or video would make Fitbit THE smartwatch fitness tracker of choice and a standout against all competition.

Cocama
Jogger

Please add this music app because we would have a lot more choices to choose from. Also people with YouTube Music / YouTube Premium could sync their youtube music playlists from their phone to the fitbit ( versa or ionic)  and go and play music without the need to bring your phone. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cocama! Great suggestion, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to use the YouTube music app with Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+2 for Youtube Music

Lib & Jack 

AdaLoren
First Steps

Yes please for YouTube Music!!!!

Cocama
Jogger
Ok
Toomanymes
First Steps

Yes, you tube music app is essential and people have been calling out for it for years, i was just about to pre order 3 of the new versa 2 devices to upgrade the familys fitbits but as we use youtube music solely and am not interested in signing up (and paying for yet another streaming service to remove ads) im holding off on upgrading till you tube music app is available. Very disappointing as you tube is probably the most used music streaming app out there! Come on Fitbit team please add this soon!! 🙂 

shanas
Jogger

yes please add!

Krarok
First Steps

It would be nice to have a free app to stream audio like TuneIn and Youtube. I don’t need to have a subscription to enjoy my Walk or workout at the gym so that would be a nice feature for the Versa 2.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Krarok, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having YouTube music, with us! I've moved it into a similar v. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.