YouTube Music App

It's been almost a month now and a huge product like the Fitbit has only a couple of apps, and one music app. So I was hoping you guys can add the YouTube Music app, since it allows access to a huge selection of music videos and audios. Also the app have 100 song downloaded for offline use. It chooses them based on your taste and updates them every now and then.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

356 Comments
Koray
First Steps

Since Fitbit is now a Google company, we should see more and more Google apps coming in.

3John63
Jogger

Most music apps are horrible. YouTube Premium would be awesome!

Tshii
Jogger

I have youtube premium and i dont wanna pay for deezer or spotify too... Please add the youtube music app to the vers.it would be great! 

Gregger404
First Steps

Although Pandora and Spotify have good music, I prefer the Youtube workout playlists. Please add YouTube music controls on the Versa 2.

Why:

- Youtube music allows default to music only but can enable video during play time. 

- a paid subscription to YouTube also gives you commercial free playing on YouTube music and Google music player.

- I prefer Youtube music workout playlists.

- YouTube and YouTube music likely share the same API so you can probably get a two for one if you do the development. 

🙂

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gregger404! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Romsan
First Steps

Since Google bought Fitbit, can we proceed with YouTube app? I am already paying for YouTube premium.

Thank you

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

Now that Google has bought FitBit - surely we'll see more integration with Google Apps?

gretchasketch
Jogger

as someone who solely uses YouTube Music for ease of access, please add this!

Ramireztra
Jogger

Yes! Please add youtube music! I want to buy a Fitbit that allows music to be downloaded but only if I can get YouTube music so I can play the lost that I created. 

MollyPearl091
First Steps

Please add YouTube Music to the Fitbit iOS!  Streaming music is the best way to listen these days.  It would be great to keep up with the times and allow streaming music access to all users. I assure you, most of us do not subscribe to multiple music streaming networks, especially if we use one of the largest music databases around (international use) - YouTube.  I'm surprised this suggestion is not more popular on this forum. 

DocRay
First Steps

Not being able to use either Amazon music or Youtube music on my Fitbit Versa 2 is a major limitation. Please include one of those soon.

hlea
First Steps

Yes please, i have a youtube subscription and it would be very delightfull if it were to be on the fitbit

Sabinne
Jogger

I would love to use Youtube Red on my fitbit. I like having my own playlists!

Moot28
First Steps

I would really like youtube music on there since it already has all my playlists and songs, i already pay for that subscription, and its inconvenient to add a music on the device. 

Sabinne
Jogger

What he said.

Dianesm17
First Steps

I currently have the original Fitbit Versa (special edition). I heard the Versa 2 and its special edition now have integration with Spotify, which is a great step forward. However, if it had integration with YouTube Music I would have bought the Versa 2, but since it does not I will stick to my original Versa. I used Spotify before for 3 months but ended their service long ago and later switched to YouTube Music since I found that Spotify had a much more limited music library (especially with music in other languages). My brother was an avid Spotify user for years but recently switched to YouTube music after Spotify changed their user interface. YouTube Music is becoming more known now. I hope Fitbit will add YouTube Music at some point. If another android fitness tracker adds YouTube Music I will reluctantly consider switching over, however, I'd much rather see Fitbit include its integration.  

aayoustic
First Steps

Yes yes!

I mean only Spotify is the app, please provide the Youtube Music App!

Its the hub of all music, you get everything there (no offence to Spotify users 😬) but please let’s have another Music app!

tarun6006
First Steps

Yes, Please add this feature.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amro.G and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

MollyPearl091
First Steps
Thank you so much! And thanks all who posted their comment. I'll start
wearing my watch again if this is chosen for development.
andiellen7
Recovery Runner

YEAHHH!

Now if they'll just also add the basic Find My Phone feature - I'll buy another one also! 🙂

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

One of the main thing I want in a smart watch/fitness tracker beyond it's fitness tracking abilities, is to use it as an MP3 player.

To go out for a run, with my wireless headphones, WITHOUT needing my phone because I have an mp3 player built into my wrist, this is the ultimate MP3 player and outdoor running combo.

I don't even care too much about the screen of my Ionic, or even if there is a screen on it, I just want a fitness tracker which I can access through the FitBit app on my phone and an MP3 player, even if it was in shuffle mode only, it would be awesome.

I used to own music, so the ability to put songs on myself would have been useful 15 years ago. Nowadays and subscribe to YouTube music.

So come on, now FitBit and YouTube are the same company, let's put the YouTube music app on the FitBit Ionic and not just Spotify.

I have 1,000s of albums and tracks, I don't have time to sign up for Deeza and move all my saved tracks to Deeza from YouTube music, which I have never even heard of before I got my FitBit Ionic. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about supporting a YouTube Music App for our Fitbit products. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. The status of this request has been updated as "Under Consideration", so don't forget to add your vote to show your support! To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

HITACHI10
First Steps

I don’t use Spotify or Pandora. I do subscribe to YouTube music though because I listen to a lot of cover songs. Adding YouTube Music to the list of compatible apps would be fantastic!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Yeah, since Google owns both YouTube and Fitbit you’d think it would be a no brainer
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.