Zwift Integration

There is a really cool indoor cycling app called Zwift and it would be great if this can be integrated with Fitbit (I have a Charge HR). Zwift has already integrated with Strava but it seems Fitbit Surge is the only one that can link with Strava which is a pain.

22 Comments
bobsmart567
Jogger
Dear Fitbit, it isn't really a matter of integration with Zwift per se. It seems that any cycling app that uploads .fit files to Strava (like Zwift, Hurts Ergo) does not register in the Fitbit feed. Apps that upload TCX files do show up, however. Please add the ability to display .fit files from Strava.
Kenshee
First Steps

Bring zwift in the Alta HR please. Zwift is a awesome program for cycling fans!

The popolarity goes up!  I think this is not so difficult??

bobsmart567
Jogger

Hi.  I have since surmised that FitBit cannot read .FIT files.  Any program that generates a .FIT file - like Zwift - and uploads it to Strava, will not show up in FitBit feed, even if FitBit and Strava are linked.  Kind of a bummer, but I usually end up just logging those sessions directly with the Blaze.

Dotcarroll
First Steps

Allowing Fitbits that have HR ability to broadcast the data in real time so Zwift (and other apps) can pick it up and display it would be a great feature, allowing us another option over a BLE chest strap.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

RussellMann
First Steps

Broadcasting real time heart rate data so trainer apps like Zwift can pick it up is a necessity. If I need to buy Garmin to get the feature I'm not coming back to Fitbit.

keith.uk
Recovery Runner

I'd like to see this integration, too. In addition to cycling,  you can now run in Zwift.  The only equipment you need is a footpod, with that you can run in zwift from any treadmill, anywhere. (e.g. the local gym). I'd imagine that is going to make Zwift more popular and it would be great to have the runs and rides logged in fitbit.

dannydropbear
First Steps

I have a fitbit versa, but there's no integration with zwift for recording heart rate with rides... please add this feature.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

bgreg
Jogger
Need fitbit HR to display of Zwift cycling/running app. Currently Fitbit does not support heart rate output to external apps like Zwift.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @bgreg, thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Zwift. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

porjdv
First Steps
I now have my second fitbit. The charge 5. If by the next time I have to buy a new device integration (direct transfer of heart rate data) with zwift is not possible I will switch to another brand.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @porjdv, thanks for sharing this suggestion and explaining why you'd like to have an integration between Fitbit and Zwift with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We appreciate your feedback and so we can keep tracking this request over time, please click on the thumbs-up.

Ry555
First Steps
The suggestion that HR be integrated with zwift was first suggested in 2016. I mistakenly purchased a charge 5 assuming that it would pair. Of course, two of the most popular fitness apps would integrate. I am shocked and disappointed.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ry555, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Fitbit with Zwift. As you mentioned earlier, I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

cscott-cds
First Steps
I would like to be able to share my HR to my Zwift session in real time. I'm currently using a smart bike Stages SB20.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cscott-cds, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating and sharing information to Zwift app. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

fallt1
First Steps
I would very much like to be able to use my Fitbit as my heart rate monitor when using the Zwift cycling app. Currently Fitbit does not broadcast the HR signal over BLE allowing Zwift to use it. This seems to be a very easy feature to add.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @fallt1, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making an integration between Fitbit and Zwift with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LeAmericain
First Steps

Fitbit,

Please add heart rate broadcast functionality to Zwift, please.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LeAmericain, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about broadcasting heart rate from Fitbit to Zwift with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.