higher weight limit

Is there a possibility to make an aria that goes higher than 350 pounds? I was bummed when I saw the weight limit on it. This is for people to lose weight and stay fit right? So what about the ones who started extremely heavy like myself? I started at 606 and down to 427 and STILL can't get the aria to track my weight loss! make one with a higher weight limit!!

Moderator edit: edited labels 

11 Comments
Cooper_E
Jogger

Congratulations, though! Keep up the good work.

Kandi2Go
First Steps

I agree - my husband is over 400 lbs. and uses a fitbit, but finding a scale that can handle is weight is not easy. Something like the Aria is pefect for those over 350 lbs who really do need the constant encouragement and easy to use products. Those seem to always be the ones that are limited. Does that make sense?

Londoner80
Jogger

In our modern society there is an increasing amount of people who are morbidly (severely) obese. 

This ranges from children to adults and it is a growing problem with serious complications. 

I hope that in the future FitBit will produce a scale that this group of people can also benefit. A new scale that has a capacity of around 200kg (~441lb) or more and perhaps an app upgrade with some more challenges or encouraging programs build in the app to help them persevere and be consistent with trying to get rid of the excess weight and reach their goal to a healthier BMI. 

Some scales in the market that can do the above are the 'MiBody' scales by Salter.

What are your thoughts? Could this be a possibility for the next Aria model?

Many Thanks.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I agree, many users use the Aria as a tool to loose weight and there must be cases in which this limit can cause inconveniences. 

Thanks for participating in the community! 

Velvetcat
First Steps

Will there ever be a larger sized Aria scale for bigger people? I'm very obese, and I love my FitBit and the idea of the Aria, but standing on a standard scale is a little difficult due to my size. I hope they offer a wider scale at some point.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Cat Wink

readytorun
First Steps

I was also disapointed at Aria's weight limit. Any plans to change this in the future? At least 500 lb weight limit shouldn't be too difficult. 

readytorun
First Steps

Would love it if you would come up with Wi-Fi enabled scales, that would sync to our FitBit Accounts, that have at minimum a 500lb weight limit. 600 or 700 could be beneficial if possible. So sad that Aria doesn't have a high enough weight limit for me. Thanks!

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @readytorun, we just wanted to give you an update on the newly released Aria 2 -a reengineered Wi-Fi Smart Scale that offers the latest technology to capture your data with greater precision than ever before. The Aria 2 has a weight limit of 400 lbs (vs Aria with 350 lbs). I appreciate this isn't quite what you asked for, but a step in the right direction. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @droppingpounds we just wanted to give you an update on the newly released Aria 2 which has a higher weight limit of 400 lbs (vs Aria with 350 lbs). I appreciate this may not be quite what you asked for, but a step in the right direction. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.