Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't update to new Beta OS

My Ionic wasn't getting prompted to update to 27.30.5.8 (I was on 27.30.3.2).  I tried resetting both watch & phone, unpairing / repairing the watch, and uninstalling / reinstalling the Fitbit app (on Android).

I finally did a Factory reset on the Ionic and now it's downgraded me to 27.25.16.7.

What do I need to do to get back on the Developer Beta release?

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

I had the prompt. The problem was not being able to download the update. I have opted out. No more problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this sequence twice and I still don't get prompted to update the firmware.  Still on the stock 27.25.16.7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ssass24 wrote:

I've tried this sequence twice and I still don't get prompted to update the firmware.  Still on the stock 27.25.16.7.

It doesn't look like you asked to be removed from the preview, so something must have gone wrong with your enrolment. 

1. Open a new private browsing tab
  2. Login to studio.fitbit.com and accept the developer enrolment
  3. Log out of the Fitbit mobile app, then login again.

Hopefully the firmware update should appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that. It's not prompting me to accept any agreement or anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Howdy @JonFitbit,  I seem to be another one having trouble with the developer version.  I can login to fitbit studio, but can't seem to get my watch to update to the new version.  I've tried logging into the studio with a private browsing window, I've also tried logging out of everything and logging back in.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe I may have been removed as well.

I'd like to be put back in the beta firmware group. I didn't request to be taken out.

Tried all the relogging protocols you posted, still no update showing. Stuck on 27.31.1.16.

Best Answer
0 Votes