Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are third-party apps available on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Sense 2 and have no idea how to install apps. Where is the app store? For example, I would like to install the Calendar app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

This watch is a DOWNGRADE on the old Sense it seems. What worked before and thevthird party apps you couls run on Sense you cannot run now. Their support says to be patient because some may one day run but there is no roadmap!!! 

Best Answer

This is so disgusting that they are doing this, fitbit has always been cross platform, I get it that you want some android input but why can't I use an android tablet and connect to the store and stuff but let me use the fitbit app with my iphone to keep up with my friends and family 

this is a monopoly for sure. and not right

Best Answer

And the third party app for the Versa, will not run on the Sense, Versa Lite, Versa 2 or Versa 3. In fact any app written for any one of the above had to be, at the minimum, recompiled to run on a different unit. 

My thought with the changes in the current units, require more changes with the app developer 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue another reason to complain about. Not only Fitbit didn't release the SDK, Fitbit even took some third parties clockfaces, didn't inform the respective authors, modified them for running in this latest version of Fitbit OS and release them.

Now the porting appear to be very bad and several authors had their reputation ruined and can't fix the issues due to lack of SDK. By the way this above is true only for clockfaces, not for the apps.

I'm sorry to say but for these last flagships Fitbit really is giving its best "it's actually difficult to put together such a wider compilation of mistakes, bugs, questionable decision, lack of communication and, most of all, lack of respect towards its users"

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

IMHO, Sense 2 should be marketed as Charge 6. Only then it's an upgrade. 

Best Answer

There's no Flashlight/Torch app and that's one I use frequently. Not impressed at all with the Versa 4 so far. Seems like a step backward.

Best Answer

totally agree - the watch faces I love to use (thank you Guy for SimpleClockDuo etc) no longer function properly on Sense2.  WTF????  Fitbit needs to give the developers access so they can optimize their own code.  Very frustrating Fitbit...  or should I say Google.....

Best Answer

The versa 4 and sense have no apps other than those installed, no app store, hardly any clock faces, no music! I have reverted back to my versa 3 after just 2 days. The 4 is not an upgrade and neither is the sense 2. I cant return it as ive opened it. Fitbit weren't interested either. Complete misrepresentation 

Best Answer

Page 28 of the Sense 2 manual talks about an app store. 

Weather is one of the apps that require setup through the app store. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue 

Right, if you say that this is the App Store you're right. But then also Charge 5 and Inspire 3 (but why not? Even Charge 3 and Inspire ) have an app store with not more than 15 apps (such as the mentioned weather, the beautiful apps exercise and alarm and why not spo2 and ECG, all by Fitbit but not for all its trackers).

But don't pretend to misunderstand in order to defend Fitbit as your usual. Here we are speaking about th hundred third parties app earlier promised by Fitbit. Read this discussion for more information since evidently you are not so up-to-date.

Best Answer

Does the charge 5 have weather..? I ordered the versa 4 in part because I didn’t think the charge had weather app.. not delivered yet though 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smaggers the Charge 5 does not have a weather app. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@alexthecat thanks someone above said it did so wasn’t sure.. my charge 4 had weather but sounds like they took it out for the 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Smaggers i didn't want to make confusion.i will edit the post to avoid further confusion.

Best Answer

@Smaggers that's right. The Charge 4 had a weather app, but Charge 5 doesn't for some reason. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

I can’t believe it, but the barcode app is the one I would miss most. It’s a simple app that just stores my gym and grocery store barcodes, but it’s super convenient and the app I use most. I get a good discount on Fitbit watches through my insurance, but I’m sticking with my Versa 3. 

Best Answer

@alexthecat they also removed the altimeter from the charge 5 that the 4 had.. another reason I opted for the versa 4. Seems pretty stupid as it’s an important sensor for measuring how much altitude climbed and it worked quite well on the 4. And of course the 4 also had Spotify control which got removed across all the models currently..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find where to download any new apps onto my sense 2. I have found where the preloaded apps are, but I don't see any new ones. When I search for Pandora,it says nothing found. Please help before I return. TIA

Best Answer

There are no thirdparty apps for Sense 2.

Best Answer

I'm wondering of the new watches are running a version of the wearOS and this is why there are no apps on them yet. 

this is the only logical reason for not having apps on the brand new phone it was running the FitbitOS

Mark

Best Answer