Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about features on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seeing as my original post was buried in the Google assistant thread, even though its unrelated. I've decided to post it again.

I purchased the Sense 2 for my wife. We were aware that Google assistant would likely be missing (this is not our complaint), and she was ok with that (although I thought differently). 

To our surprise as you can imagine, we were shocked to learn that Google assistant isn't the only downgrade. Let me list the downgrades so that other users can save themselves some time. 

• No Google assistant.
  • No WiFi (means software updates will take forever). 
  • No Fitbit app gallery or access to 3rd party apps (this means no Deezer, Spotify or the likes).
  • No music controls. That's right, there is no ability to even control the music playing on your phone. 
  • No on wrist Bluetooth calling. 
  • No Google wallet or Google apps out of the box (we did know about this before the purchase). 
  • Inability to rearrange exercise shortcuts.
  • No snore detection 

I'm sorry but to me (and my non techie wife) this is an outright downgrade to the Versa 3 my wife was currently using. That's right the Sense 2 is a downgrade even on the Versa 3. Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves, they are acting no differently to a scam artist and will not be getting a dime more out of me.

Good luck and think twice before parting with your money.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
192 REPLIES 192

I got this reply when asking about features 

Fitbit Sense 2 has WiFi and Fitbit app Gallery.
The on wrist Bluetooth calling, Google wallet or Google app are coming soon.
Music control and Google assistant will never be available.
Best Answer
Cab anyone share the return process so we can all get aligned as I ordered a replacement sense 1 as all the features I used on this were on my sense 1 that failed and I had the sense 2 falsely thinking it would have the same and more

Sent from my iPhone
Robin James Short
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you post who you got this reply from as none of these features are there. ??

Sent from my iPhone
Robin James Short
Best Answer

I ordered Sense 2 from Amazon today and it will arrive tomorrow. There's 30 days return policy on it so I will test things that we still know nothing about. It includes battery life on GPS (5 or 12?), whether connected GPS is on-board, the quality of HR sensor (accuracy), how much battery drain cEDA causes etc. I'm primarily interested in the watch's sports side rather than health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker Excellent, these are the things we really want to know. I assume you will be testing the HRM against a chest strap? I'm sure you know the shortcomings of the original Sense HRM (mostly lagging), and what to test/look out for. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered directly from the Fitbit site, and the refund/return process seems to be no questions asked for 45 days so THAT is nice. Prepaid label is sent via email and you just ship it back, I'm actually about to drop by the Fedex in an hour or so. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to try and charge me a restocking fee or some other wankery, but I have no intention of paying another penny. I'll let you know what happens when they receive the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGee Not the same guy you are replying to, but as to HR it seems to be 99.9% on the money. I've a polar H10 that I've tested it against and they both give the exact same readings. As for GPS, it is not onboard. You need your phone with you and the app needs to be open in the background. How piggy backing off of the phone manages to effect the battery life of the device itself is beyond my comprehension. I can only assume some type of Arcane Bluetooth feature is being used by the watch to read/write GPS data to the app(?).

Actually, I'll just leave it at: it makes no sense. Then again we don't even know the actual battery life of the Sense 2 seeing as it is listed in a range of 5 hours, to 4+ days to 6+ days in the official documentation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dwuuds Thanks, that's good to hear. Hopefully other users/reviewers have a similar experience.

Are you saying that there isn't any onboard GPS? This is completely opposite to what the marketing material says. If true then things are even worse. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Zero response from Fitbit, returning mine for a refund and going back to my Sense that I love. 

Sense 2 = Sense Inspire Lite

Best Answer

https://youtube.com/shorts/rit2Jlx96lI?feature=share

Wow, so it seems confirmed. Fitbit does NOT plan to support 3rd party app or Spotify on Sense 2 or Versa 4.... Crazy.... 

Best Answer

@N8teGee if there is I don't know how to access it. It seems like the only way to do it is start a routine and it pairs to the app on your phone. I'm not sure what exactly is going on behind the scenes but another amazing feature is that when I pair to my sense 2, I can't pair my phone to my Airpod Pro's.... I have to turn off the Sense2, pair the Airpods FIRST and then turn the Sense2 back on and pair to it. It really is a very nice mess.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I plan on starting my return today

Sent from my iPhone
Robin James Short
Best Answer

What the... heck...

Best Answer

will they give a full refund or minus restock fee? Also I think I read they dont refund tax. 

Best Answer

@needbetter I think you would be within your rights to push for a full refund as it could be argued you purchased it under false pretense. Being that you purchased it as an update to the Sense and had no indication that there would be no 3rd party apps. Also Fitbit didn't try at all to inform and make this clear to the buyer. In fact they remained silent throughout. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
I just started my return and I also had the insurance on the watch which is far more challenging to cancel as Allstate who writes it sends you to Fitbit and Fitbit sends you to hell on hold!!!
Robin James Short
Best Answer
I agree, Fitbit just lost a customer in me
Robin James Short
Best Answer

I got an RMA but in their refund policy it says they don’t refund taxes. Also I have to pay return shipping. Doesn’t seem right

Best Answer

@needbetter Personally I would argue with them. Although in the UK we have strong consumer laws and VAT is inclusive of the price, not paid separately. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

I just got off the phone with a rep. They said "the missing features will be available at a later time but we don't have an estimate" I traded in my old sense so now I have no choice but to keep this one 🤦🏽‍:female_sign:

Best Answer