Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps doesn't connect on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up Google Maps from the Fitbit app, checked the boxes for auto start, installed the app on the watch and when I start navigating, it does not start in the watch app. When I manually open the watch app, it says "not navigating," even though I am.

Anyone else know how to get around this issue?

(Yes, I checked all the troubleshooting about updates and everything...)

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

@YojanaFitbit Can we know if there is any update? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So another application which doesn’t work correctly. Definitely regretting buying a Sense 2.

Best Answer

Last night,  as quickly as it appeared in the fitbit app originally, the Google maps section has disappeared on my phone! I still have the app on my sense 2 but that's it ... has anyone else seen this?

Best Answer

Same here, suddenly Google Maps have disappeared. They should do the same with Google Wallet and put it back as it should be sińce the start. I chose Fitbit over Garmin to have Google Pay, and now they say that Google Wallet Fitbit is not the same as Google Wallet. Outrageous. 

Best Answer

I hear you, and sympathise on Googkr Wallet.  I too preordered my Sense 2 because it was advertised as offering Waller and Maps. 

I'm lucky that Wallet works for me as I have a Mastercard debit card from a UK bank and it works on my Sense 2 - I realise I'm in a minority though!

Maps, whilst making a brief appearance,  had yet to demonstrate to any of us how it works.  The major disappointment for me is rooted in the fact that the Fitbit team have made no attempt to explain what's going on,  let alone admit they have released the functionality before it's ready.  

I'm living with my Sense 2 right now,  I just don't love it.

Come on Fitbit - prove us all wrong,  admit you've pulled the Maps functionality and explain why ... then re-release it properly and quickly. You're currently hemorrhaging customers!

Best Answer

fitbitreasons.png

After feeling like I went to a McDonalds to find out they only sold Burger King Whoppers when finding there was only Amazon Alexa support on my Google product, I wanted to see if maybe I missed something.  However, that just led to more misleading and/or false advertising from what I can tell so far. 

Where do I find "Google Smarts" as described in the attached image?  I can't find it on my watch or in the app store. The only "wallet" I see is a generic Fitbit wallet, but no apps as displayed.  From what I can tell Google Maps is missing too.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Google wallet has arrived and works well! Mine automatically changed from Fitbit pay to Google when released. 
Google maps has arrived for Android and will be coming to iPhone/IOS early 2023. 
I feel more Google smarts will be on the way with Google owning Fitbit.

RF
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Google maps app isn't working on my watch it won't let me do anything it won't connect. Won't let me choose to auto start. Says I need to update my Fitbit but I just bought this Fitbit 2 days ago. I have the sense 2 by the way. Any help or anything I can do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled fyi 

Best Answer

Same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't know if this affects your issue, but new Fitbits come with firmware as manufactured.  Often there have been firmware updates since original release that will be ready to be installed to your watch with a few days of your setting it up, so it's usually best to wait a few days when it seems some features are missing.  Don't have the Sense 2, but on others, there is always an obvious notice on phone app telling you when firmware update is ready, and instructions how to install it.  I wish Fitbit/Google explained this better with new purchases, but that's the way it is. Hopefully all will be sorted out within a few days.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RoscoeBuzzard this feature apparently has been released prematurely and with not enough testing. A few days ago it has been removed from the Fitbit app (the tile under Google Wallet disappeared) and the Maps app on the watch can't establish connection anymore. Simply, you need to wait until Fitbit fixes the issue. At this moment nobody can use Google Maps feature. Would be good to have some statement about it from Fitbit but wouldn't expect that.

@JohnnyRow in this case it's not just firmware, it's just broken feature that Fitbit decided to take out for now due to the fact that it doesn't work.

Best Answer

I assumed it didn't work due to running the beta version of Google Maps. Glad I didn't waste time to fix things and wait for the Fitbit devs to do their job. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Android.   Do you have to enter a cheat code to get wallet to show up? If not, where are the apps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Google Map has suddenly disappeared on my Fitbit mobile app.

Fitbit didn't say a word about it so far. I haven't signed up as a beta user for fitbit or Google Map for fitbit.

@YojanaFitbit Can we know if there is any update? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is fitbit going to cancel this Google Map feature and issue a product recall for all Sense 2?

Best Answer

I just got the Sense 2 for Christmas and I don't have the maps app either. I wanted this device because of the map app (among other things). Support was not able to figure out why either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@edub Hi and welcome to the community.

If you have only just set up your Sense 2 it can take a couple of days for the option of Google wallet. I received a prompt asking me if I wanted to switch after I tapped on the Fitbit pay tile one day.

As for Google maps. It made a short appearance a few days ago and users where able to set it up, although there were issues getting any directions sent from the Google maps phone app over to the watch. A day or so later it was pulled (I guess to fix things). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thanks @N8teGee. This is sad, but helps a bit.  I still can't find anything anywhere else that defines what Google Smarts is as a feature/product.  

I was hoping the Google + Fitbit would be a positive change as the hardware and app is actually very nice. Unfortunately the lack actual information about this from Google/Fitbit have really turned me off from any Google product lines.  

It also did not help the situation or trust for the company that a moderator change the title of my post without engaging with me in anyway.  Nothing needed clarified.  The official description clearly states that  the watch has "Google Smarts" despite there being no product, or category that I can find called Google Smarts anywhere. 

I'm sure there is some fine print somewhere that explains that whatever "google smarts" is may or that it  may not be there when I get my watch. The thing is,  I don't like to feel like I've been tricked because I was gullible enough to think that Google/Fitbit had the integrity to provide clear messaging around expectation of this advertised feature. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. 

Wallet appeared, but none of the stored cards work...at least not the ones I normally use with Google Wallet. 

Maps, installed and tried to use - MiA, even if navigating, it says to start the navigation.

And FitBit is completely absent.

To add: apps on Sense2 are too few too!!!

Best Answer

I got a Sense 2 for Christmas. I specifically wanted this Fitbit to replace my Versa 2 because of the ability to answer on-wrist calls and the Google Maps. I'm missing the Google Maps tile and it's not available to add. Why isn't it showing up? I also can't answer calls. I have a Samsung S22 Plus on Android 13 and the Sense 2 shows it's connected in the Bluetooth menu. When the call comes through you can see it connects but when I try to answer, I get a Connection Error message. I've spent hours with support and they have no idea how to fix either issue other than the usual troubleshooting tasks. You'd think they'd be experts! Who else would I get help from? Very frustrating! 

Best Answer